Login

russian armor

Two small things I like to change at OKW

19 May 2015, 09:23 AM

Hi there, it's going to be a short one:

First problem
Do you guys think that sturmpios are taking to long to reinforce? I mean I am not bothered by their cost, or reinforcement costs, the prices are entitled, but the reinforcement time is to godam long, your beards are growing over your keyboards until you will have the squad replenished. Don't you think their reinforcement time need some speeding? Just a bit....

Second problem
I don't understand why in the T2 building's case (for me the medic building) the player needs to buy the upgrade for a FRP (forward retreat point), then, when the FRP upgrade is done, to come again and establish the FRP at T2 by issuing a command. I mean why are you buying that upgrade if not for establishing a FRP? So the FRP must be selected automatically when FRP upgrade is done. Only if you need to cancel it, you should do it manualy.

Opinions?
19 May 2015, 09:29 AM
Donator 33

I agree it's a tad too long - same for Obers.
19 May 2015, 09:51 AM

The second problem annoys me too... Most of the time I research the retreat point only to forget to activate it resulting in my troops running all the way home.

IMO the Retreat point should be activated when finished. I don't research an upgrade I don't want to use, so it being passive at the moment makes no sense.
19 May 2015, 09:58 AM

Permanently Banned
pointless thread

alpha is bringing many changes
19 May 2015, 10:23 AM

Absolutely agree. Relic should move Swhere to the base and there near FHQ u can reinforce what ever you want faster.
Those two small things.
19 May 2015, 10:24 AM

1) the damage nerf to stg ober's is not justified (from 8 to 6)
2) Something needs to be done about sturmtiger,i mean its a 380mm rocket but a b4 has larger aoe radius and damage then sturmtiger and can fire from a safe distance and cost no fuel...WTF
19 May 2015, 10:31 AM

I forget to activate the retreat point all the time. Super annoying.
19 May 2015, 10:49 AM

That's the problem with FRP - I sometimes forget to establish it and I am glad to see it's not my problem only
19 May 2015, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 10:49 AMJohnnyB
That's the problem with FRP - I sometimes forget to do it and I see it's not my problem only

The voice of evil Deutsch mastermind doing nazty things and having overally devil tier vocal cords helps me everytime

The issue is still present though
19 May 2015, 11:17 AM

pointless thread

alpha is bringing many changes

LEAK!

19 May 2015, 11:29 AM

If I could change just 1 thing about OKW, I would increase the sweeping radius of those damn sturmpioneers. It's bad enough that you have to dedicate these expensive units to mine-sweeping duties half the time, but to then run over mines in areas you have already 'swept'... that's just aggravating.

2) Something needs to be done about sturmtiger,i mean its a 380mm rocket but a b4 has larger aoe radius and damage then sturmtiger and can fire from a safe distance and cost no fuel...WTF

Sturmtiger has no scatter. Kind of a big deal compared to the B4 RNGs that can make it miss everything all the time.
19 May 2015, 11:44 AM

First time I agree with that filthy troll, leaks are everywhere, so this thread is quite pointless.

So, just wait, brace yourself, revolution is coming, soon™.
19 May 2015, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 09:23 AMJohnnyB
Hi there, it's going to be a short one:

First problem
Do you guys think that sturmpios are taking to long to reinforce? I mean I am not bothered by their cost, or reinforcement costs, the prices are entitled, but the reinforcement time is to godam long, your beards are growing over your keyboards until you will have the squad replenished. Don't you think their reinforcement time need some speeding? Just a bit....

Second problem
I don't understand why in the T2 building's case (for me the medic building) the player needs to buy the upgrade for a FRP (forward retreat point), then, when the FRP upgrade is done, to come again and establish the FRP at T2 by issuing a command. I mean why are you buying that upgrade if not for establishing a FRP? So the FRP must be selected automatically when FRP upgrade is done. Only if you need to cancel it, you should do it manualy.

Opinions?

Sturmpios reinforce slow, but so do most other elite infantry like Shocks. Forcing the T2 to pay for the upgrade was Relic's way of balancing with USF since for the same utility, USF had to buy both ambulance and Major. The USF gets the advantage that the units are mobile but they're also fragile and eat up pop cap.

Since I started playing 1v1's, I don't like the resource penalty because it seems like volks are only a match for cons and lose to rifles one on one, so resources are always a problem at the start of the game. I've played games with nearly equal map control where someone went Guard Motor and was pulling in 2x T34/85's at almost the same rate that I was making JP4's. Now that you mention changes, I'd like to be able to build caches.
19 May 2015, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 11:44 AMPorygon
First time I agree with that filthy troll, leaks are everywhere, so this thread is quite pointless.

So, just wait, brace yourself, revolution is coming, soon™.

I see what you mean and you are right. Almost everything we know will be changed, prepare to L2P again. :faint:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 6
unknown 10
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %