Login

russian armor

Vet gain

18 May 2015, 14:05 PM
Patrion 14

Does anyone else have the feeling squads in CoH2 gain vet too fast? I don't care squads also gain vet when they are being shot at. But for me it feels they get vet way too fast.

Its like it doesn't matter much when you lose a vetted squad. And I miss that. Vetted squads dont seem like something special to have now (imo).

In my opinion the game would be more fun if it would take longer to gain a vetted squad, but the bonuses would be better to. I'd like to see have vet a bigger role in this game.

Just something I was thinking about while playing the game :)
18 May 2015, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2015, 14:05 PMStafkeh
D
Its like it doesn't matter much when you lose a vetted squad. And I miss that.

Oh, but it does. Try losing all your vetted volks, and see if you can continue playing.
18 May 2015, 14:40 PM

Vetting consistently is what you are seeing. In COH1 without the kill you gained no vet so a single squad could quickly vet up while every other squad languished at vet 0. Vetting faster and more consistently is better for the game. It means you have a chance to get into the game latter if you lose a squad. In the past the loss of your vet 3 rifles in late game could mean you just lost the game.
18 May 2015, 14:48 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2015, 14:30 PMJohnnyB

Oh, but it does. Try losing all your vetted volks, and see if you can continue playing.

I actually think you can, because you gain vet so fast its not a problem to replace them. Of course you will struggle a bit until you have your vet back, but that won't take long. Especially when there are tanks on the field. Units gain vet very fast when they are being shot on by tanks.

Vetting consistently is what you are seeing. In COH1 without the kill you gained no vet so a single squad could quickly vet up while every other squad languished at vet 0. Vetting faster and more consistently is better for the game. It means you have a chance to get into the game latter if you lose a squad. In the past the loss of your vet 3 rifles in late game could mean you just lost the game.

Thats the point. Because you can't buy vet in CoH2 (Not talking about Elite Commander now) this shouldnt be a problem. And if the opponents can punish you by killing a vetted squad (wich is also harder to take down) he should get rewarded.

Not saying you should lose the game by losing one squad. But you should feel it and not being able to replace it in a couple of minuts.
18 May 2015, 15:32 PM

Gaining vet is waaay to fast imo. It simply doesnt really make it rewarding to kill a high vetted squad. Everything has vet anyway. Stupid idea to get vet when getting damaged

Relics wanted to make the game more casual and that is one way how they did it
18 May 2015, 15:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2015, 14:48 PMStafkeh
Thats the point. Because you can't buy vet in CoH2 (Not talking about Elite Commander now) this shouldnt be a problem. And if the opponents can punish you by killing a vetted squad (wich is also harder to take down) he should get rewarded.

Not saying you should lose the game by losing one squad. But you should feel it and not being able to replace it in a couple of minuts.

I dunno, before squads constantly touched dicks (so it's way easier to lose them now), regaining the vet was quite possible, but still took valuable time - a rifle infantry squad felt like it would likely at least take say 10 minutes to get vet 3. I thought it was at a pretty good level then.

But now when advanced AI vehicles come out, squad-wipes probably follow one after the other when the replacements arrive. <444>_<444>
18 May 2015, 17:09 PM

I think the pace is just right.
18 May 2015, 17:17 PM

I actually think some vehicles take WAY too long to Vet. Things like Dedicated units with a high cost such as JagdPanzers, Jacksons, Elephants, KV8s etc.

Certain Infantry squads do and certain dont depends upon their ability to attack armor or not. Getting a Vet 3 Assault Gren is a bear but fausting or AT nading units gain it really quickly.
18 May 2015, 17:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Stukas, sturmtigers, brummbars,kv8s, panzerwerfers, some light vehicles. Etc. Many units have veterancy in which they will never make use of past vet 1. Infantry is fine. Considering how hard it would be to recover after losing vetted squads more than it already is with all the ez wipe bs. I think infantry are fine. Vehicles need tweaking though.
18 May 2015, 18:01 PM

Veterancy matters a lot. Next time, look more closely at how infantry battles go between vet 2+ squads and fresh squads in the lategame. Those fresh squads are hugely cost-inefficient until they have thrown enough (AT)grenades to gain some vet.
18 May 2015, 20:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I actually think some vehicles take WAY too long to Vet. Things like Dedicated units with a high cost such as JagdPanzers, Jacksons, Elephants, KV8s etc.

Certain Infantry squads do and certain dont depends upon their ability to attack armor or not. Getting a Vet 3 Assault Gren is a bear but fausting or AT nading units gain it really quickly.

Yeah, vehicles are generally much harder to vet and there's plenty I'd agree with reducing their XP requirements significantly.
18 May 2015, 21:16 PM

ye i think standard infantry is getting veterancy a tad bit too fast
19 May 2015, 10:11 AM
Patrion 14

Maybe reduce the amount of vet infantry gains with doing damage to a vehicle/take from vehicles?

Vet1 doesnt give any bonuses, only an ability. That makes up for it to indeed.
19 May 2015, 15:46 PM

For some units, yes. IMO mainline infantry vet a bit too fast, specially when you give them LMGS or Flamers or any other DPS upgrade (Including AT). Some units like the ones @daspoulos mentioned gain vet very hard. All engineer units game vet very slowly unless you give them flamers, RETs only vet if you give them BARs or put them in FPs, and Sturmpios practically don't vet up.
19 May 2015, 16:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 10:11 AMStafkeh
Maybe reduce the amount of vet infantry gains with doing damage to a vehicle/take from vehicles?

Vet1 doesnt give any bonuses, only an ability. That makes up for it to indeed.

Only on EFA armies.
20 May 2015, 20:59 PM
Donator 11

Units vet way too fast and lowers the skill ceiling. Anyone can get four vet3 grens.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★