Login

russian armor

Replay Review: Need help as USF 1v1

17 May 2015, 20:47 PM

Hey there. I struggled this game vs an MG heavy ostheer start, and would appreciate feedback so I can improve.
17 May 2015, 21:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

interesting..I played this guy today and he did the same thing. Multiple MGs including an MG first build.

Early Game

Heres what I do; If you see an MG and it suppressedsyou in your first engagement like it did you, then immediately research smoke after your 3rd rifle if you get caught by in its arc. Retreat and then devise a flanking plan.

If you dont get suppressed and you can flank it then just fight,flank,whatever...just rear back for a second until your upgrades finish.

rush an LT and M20,and from there,get smoke nades after your M20 is on the field,so you can do a combined push with M20 mobility and smoke nades.

From there its easy once you push them off becasue MG's cannot counter attack.

What you did was kinda wierd, you just got fausted in front of MG and the grens because you sent it in all on its own. use the M20 as a PART of your assault,not THE assault.

In your case on this map in this situation however you shouldve used M20 to take his fuel away,and then when he sends grens to counter, you send the M20 back to the middle to attack the now vulnerable MGs stationed there.

He also went heavy on tier 1 units,so an AA halftrack wouldve been good too,combined with smoke nade research afterwards of course.

So he shuts you down with the MGs and excessive tier 1 opening that you couldnt punish without a well played light vehicle,annd it snowballs.

3 rifles and an LT cannot fight 3 MGs,4 grens,and a pio. its impossible.

Now an AA HT,Smoke/nades,4 rifles, and a LT? Definitely can.

Try to count how many tier 1 units your opponent has built,or check their base for a tier 2 structure through the fog of war.
IF they build 4-5,then go M20. If they build any more than that then go AA halftrack. Itll go uncountered for a while due to Ostheer tech costs.

I also checked your playercard and noticed you've only played USF so far.

Thats not a bad thing,but as a warm up,or opening game to your 1v1 sessions,try playing ostheer for a game or two each time,so you can see for yourself how vulnerable you are when you open with too many tier 1 units or machine guns against USF.

Some Sun Tzu quotes that apply heavily to USF.

If you know others and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles;

if you do not know others but know yourself, you win one and lose one;(in this case you lost one! :snfPeter: )

if you do not know others and do not know yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.

17 May 2015, 21:50 PM

Alright. Thanks for that, and yeah I was a careless with the M20 in that game, looking back.
I'll try playing a few games as Ostheer, but I just end up playing USF a lot because I like how the faction plays.
17 May 2015, 22:04 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Alright. Thanks for that, and yeah I was a careless with the M20 in that game, looking back.
I'll try playing a few games as Ostheer, but I just end up playing USF a lot because I like how the faction plays.

Same here,Im a USF fanboy as well! But youll become way better than you ever imagined if you learn your enemy :) Good Luck!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★