Login

russian armor

Do you think this alpha should be in waves?

29 Apr 2015, 17:30 PM

Just imo the last alpha they didn't really take anyone's input to seriously. So you guys have fun with telling relic with what changes they should make in the new alpha, they wont listen to you anyways..

I remember coutless post we ve made about broken crushing with truck... Remind me someone if crushing with truck was still avaible at the launch? :snfPeter:
29 Apr 2015, 17:42 PM

I remember coutless post we ve made about broken crushing with truck... Remind me someone if crushing with truck was still avaible at the launch? :snfPeter:

They didn't mean to launch wfa with truck crushing... It was supposed to be fixed. Unfortunately it was in the game when wfa hit. :(
29 Apr 2015, 17:55 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 17:42 PMCieZ

They didn't mean to launch wfa with truck crushing... It was supposed to be fixed. Unfortunately it was in the game when wfa hit. :(

Ipkaifung's observations are always highly illuminating, I find ;)
29 Apr 2015, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 08:18 AMKatitof

@Cynthia, official forums

That makes it kind of scary knowing alex is in and Hans or Barton not.
Now I got shivers.

Hush ye, hush ye, little pet ye. Hush ye, hush ye, do not fret ye. The Black Douglas shall not get ye.
29 Apr 2015, 18:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Yes, because I wasn't invited ;'(
29 Apr 2015, 18:17 PM

Yes, because I wasn't invited ;'(
I didn't get in either and...
29 Apr 2015, 18:27 PM
Donator 22

Well, based on poll results so far it looks like Bloodnock's prediction of splitting the community is accurate.

It was a nice try to put this thread/poll up Jackiebrown (great movie btw) but Relic will ignore it and in a day or two this will be all but forgotten.

I hope the people in the Alpha actually PLAY the damn thing. There are those of us who would play every day and can't because of ....well.....

Relic.
29 Apr 2015, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 18:27 PMMortar
Well, based on poll results so far it looks like Bloodnock's prediction of splitting the community is accurate.

It was a nice try to put this thread/poll up Jackiebrown (great movie btw) but Relic will ignore it and in a day or two this will be all but forgotten.

I hope the people in the Alpha actually PLAY the damn thing. There are those of us who would play every day and can't because of ....well.....

Relic.
Many of us knew that this would happen from the get-go. But this is what happens when the eight month drought of new content ends and only half of the community gets a piece of the action.
29 Apr 2015, 18:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@Mortar and Jackiebrown: I will not forget, I promise. If a chance emerges for you all, I will do my best.
29 Apr 2015, 18:43 PM

@Mortar and Jackiebrown: I will not forget, I promise. If a chance emerges for you all, I will do my best.
That is the great thing about this game, the community members are still brothers in arms! :) (Except maybe Alex ;) )
29 Apr 2015, 18:47 PM
Benefactor 115

29 Apr 2015, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 18:27 PMMortar

Relic.

ofc they will
29 Apr 2015, 21:46 PM

ofc they will

I wouldn't be so sure, friends of mine got into the WFA alpha and didn't even touch it, essentially wasting slots.
29 Apr 2015, 22:27 PM

I've booked a day off work just to dive in properly.

I'm taking this seriously, I promise you.
29 Apr 2015, 22:47 PM

yes they should have waves, or at least open some announcement for players who did not get in.
29 Apr 2015, 22:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 22:47 PMNinjaWJ
yes they should have waves, or at least open some announcement for players who did not get in.

Yes, because keeping half of the active community in the dark doesn't make them look good.
29 Apr 2015, 22:56 PM

Yes, because keeping half of the active community in the dark doesn't make them look good.

IF they end up having an open beta, then i guess keeping people in the dark is fine...i guess...
29 Apr 2015, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 22:56 PMNinjaWJ

IF they end up having an open beta, then i guess keeping people in the dark is fine...i guess...

Well then it would separate the community between who cares enough and who doesn't. Then Relic would be fine if they pushed out a beta. But they need to be up front with the part of the community that didn't get in and tell us what they are testing. They say they want to have more transparency with us, this would be a step in the right direction. If they don't whoever, this will shake peoples loyalty and trust with them, especially people who actively contribute in some way and those who have stuck with this series for the last couple of years. You can't come back after eight months with new multiplayer content and only half of the active community gets to try out the new toys, it makes those who didn't get in feel snubbed, even if that isn't the case.
29 Apr 2015, 23:07 PM

The point of an alpha isn't to get the community to all just be able to play early or to 'get to play with the new joys'.

The point of an alpha is to have a relatively small number of players essentially chip in to offer balance insights without releasing the game for general distribution.

Letting everyone is in just early access, not an alpha build. We know what they're testing, just not the specific details. Which is pretty much common practice for any game dev company ever. I don't know why Relic gets so much flack for it.

The new faction is not coming out on May the 5th. But some people are getting to help contribute to balance and bug testing because Relic lacks the manpower and breadth of employees to do their own testing on the level needed for this kind of product.

Being a part of an alpha comes with the expectation that you are actively working to bug test, stress test and otherwise contribute to development. Of course not everyone does, but that's the intention behind it.

It's a very light part time job, but rather than get paid you get to see content earlier than normal.

If anybody thinks they 'should' have been in or it's somehow 'unfair' they're not they're a self entitled piece of pudding in the garden.
29 Apr 2015, 23:19 PM

The point of an alpha isn't to get the community to all just be able to play early.

The point of an alpha is to have a relatively small number of players essentially chip in to offer balance insights without releasing the game for general distribution.

Letting everyone is in just early access, not an alpha build. We know what they're testing, just not the specific details. Which is pretty much common practice for any game dev company ever. I don't know why Relic gets so much flack for it.

The new faction is not coming out on May the 5th. But some people are getting to help contribute to balance and bug testing because Relic lacks the manpower and breadth of employees to do their own testing on the level needed for this kind of product.

The problem is the community isn't as big most other major games that do alphas/betas. The issue is that the active community is small enough that a decent portion of it gets in and a decent portion doesn't. The polls show it, people that get in see no problem with it and vote no and those who didn't make it vote yes.

There should be some sort of wave system, everyone on these forums and CoH.com deserve the chance to test this before the general public. Why? Because this community is the one through bad and good stuck with it, its not much to ask for Relic to toss a bone to its loyal community, probably one of the most loyal communities I have seen during my gaming experience.

They knew this would split us and create drama, the whole active community should have had the priority status. For those that got in, they see no problem with this and defend it, the rest that didn't don't like being left out in the dark when new content is being tested and not even knowing what it is.

Bloodnok was right, this whole ordeal split the community down the middle, its sad to see people fighting over this but the people who didn't get in have a legitimate gripe, especially when those who have never play got in and so many that actively play didn't.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★