Login

russian armor

Do you think this alpha should be in waves?

30 Apr 2015, 08:48 AM

I don't know. WFA held on for quite a long time without people knowing much. Not to mention that there will likely be plenty of false information going around to throw the community off of what is real and what isn't.
Wasn't WFA announced at the end of March last year? When did the first WFA alpha test begin because there was multiple waves? I was in the one that ended just a few weeks before the actual release of WFA. It was the test when they overhauled OKW truck and economy mechanics a couple days before the end of the alpha.
30 Apr 2015, 08:54 AM

Wasn't WFA announced at the end of March last year? When did the first WFA alpha test begin because there was multiple waves? I was in the one that ended just a few weeks before the actual release of WFA. It was the test when they overhauled OKW truck and economy mechanics a couple days before the end of the alpha.
There was a trailer and announcement as I'm sure there will be for this. But the majority of the information about the factions and warspoils were kept secret until they declassified some of the content.
30 Apr 2015, 09:03 AM

There was a trailer and announcement as I'm sure there will be for this. But the majority of the information about the factions and warspoils were kept secret until they declassified some of the content.
The debut trailer with the earliest date on YouTube says April 16th, 2014. For some reason I remember them through a press release announcing a week or two before hand, I might be wrong though. Can anyone confirm when the initial alpha began for WFA last year? Something tells me they are following the same time schedule as they did last year.
30 Apr 2015, 10:10 AM
Donator 11

I guess there is a kind of waitlist... (people how broke the NDA probably lose their place and get replaced? - thats how other alphas work normally)
Idk how many people got invited to the alpha but if this group is too big the whole concept is useless. Im pretty sure every person will be able to help Relic on some balance stuff on a later state.

Is there a planned private Alpha forum on coh2.org too? just asking.
30 Apr 2015, 10:26 AM

The debut trailer with the earliest date on YouTube says April 16th, 2014. For some reason I remember them through a press release announcing a week or two before hand, I might be wrong though. Can anyone confirm when the initial alpha began for WFA last year? Something tells me they are following the same time schedule as they did last year.
I believe there was like a week before they put the video out on youtube. And yes they seem to follow a yearly time schedule with large releases. Both the original and WFA tests and release took place at the same time. I know because all the alphas/betas started right before my finals, which is a bit annoying.
30 Apr 2015, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 10:10 AMSwonVIP

Is there a planned private Alpha forum on coh2.org too? just asking.

That would be kind of pointless.

Why disperse feedback over 2 sides instead of condensing it on one, when its the exact same group of people?
Why and how would you revise people again on non relic site?
30 Apr 2015, 11:06 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 10:29 AMKatitof

That would be kind of pointless.

Why disperse feedback over 2 sides instead of condensing it on one, when its the exact same group of people?
Why and how would you revise people again on non relic site?

To ask for AT mates? or discuss some strategies?
Relics forum is Feedback/Bug Report only I guess.

anyways it was just a question... ;)
30 Apr 2015, 15:22 PM

I wouldn't be so sure, friends of mine got into the WFA alpha and didn't even touch it, essentially wasting slots.

A ton of people I know, myself, and I'm sure a shitton of other people who are dedicated to the game got in. I don't mean to be an ass, but stop acting like you're the only one who gives a shit about the game.
30 Apr 2015, 17:13 PM

A ton of people I know, myself, and I'm sure a shitton of other people who are dedicated to the game got in. I don't mean to be an ass, but stop acting like you're the only one who gives a shit about the game.

How is stating that some people that get into alphas don't necessarily play them sounding like I'M the only one that gives a shit? Clearly if I came here, I know other people would care about the game. I bring up a pretty valid argument.
30 Apr 2015, 17:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

Dalai Lama

30 Apr 2015, 18:08 PM

How is stating that some people that get into alphas don't necessarily play them sounding like I'M the only one that gives a shit? Clearly if I came here, I know other people would care about the game. I bring up a pretty valid argument.

On the previous page Mortar said he worries that people who got in won't actually play the alpha (aka dont give a crap about the game), which offended me a little. You appeared to agree in your reply to my post.

Dalai Lama

Sorry, I get the disappointment from people who didn't get in, and I tried to avoid posting, but saying that everybody who did get in won't do shit is just stupid.
30 Apr 2015, 18:23 PM

On the previous page Mortar said he worries that people who got in won't actually play the alpha (aka dont give a crap about the game), which offended me a little. You appeared to agree in your reply to my post.

I have to admit, I have gotten into other games alphas/betas and did not participate. I kindly sent whoever was in charge a message saying give my slot to someone that deserved and would actually use it. I can see where you were offended, but sometimes for some reason or another people that get in are no longer interested, forget, don't find it fun, etc. It's not necessarily they don't give a crap about the game, it shows they cared enough if they signed up in the first place.

My argument that I have heard voiced by others, especially in a limited closed alpha setting such as this, Relic should see who doesn't use their access and give it to someone else who will be willing to put the time and effort in if the original recipient doesn't want to, can't or just doesn't participate. Instead of squandering it, give it to someone that would use it. Some of us are skeptical with the slots allocated to non-fans of the series/ people who have never played. They are more likely then any other demographic testing the alpha to be the ones to drop out first, find it not fun, or simply don't play it.
30 Apr 2015, 18:31 PM

I have to admit, I have gotten into other games alphas/betas and did not participate. I kindly sent whoever was in charge a message saying give my slot to someone that deserved and would actually use it. I can see where you were offended, but sometimes for some reason or another people that get in are no longer interested, forget, don't find it fun, etc. It's not they don't give a crap about the game, it shows they cared enough if they signed up in the first place.

My argument that I have heard voiced by others, especially in a limited closed alpha setting such as this, Relic should see who doesn't use their access and give it to someone else who will be willing to put the time and effort in if the original recipient doesn't want to or can't. Instead of squandering it, give it to someone that would use it. Things that I heard from others is that some of us are skeptical with the slots allocated to non-fans of the series/ people who have never played. They are more likely then any other demographic testing the alpha to be the ones to drop out first, find it not fun, or simply don't play it.

Well, I agree with that idea.
30 Apr 2015, 18:31 PM
Donator 22

Well if you were offended I apologize. I certainly wasn't trying to offend those that take it seriously.

My post was intended towards those who DON'T take advantage of this opportunity or are only somewhat interested. I recall last fall when the open Beta was launched how incredibly difficult it was to get a game. And that was OPEN BETA. Moreover, my comment was aimed at Relic for being so cavalier in their choices when there are OBVIOUSLY people who want a voice, WOULD take it seriously and yet can't play. Maybe I could have worded it more elegantly.

In the meantime, maybe you could just appreciate you got in while others who desperately would like to join you didn't. You aren't the only offended party here.
30 Apr 2015, 18:33 PM

I don't think it would be to hard to have certain people on an "always invite" list, and just open a few extra slots in the Alpha to ensure they get in if they want to.

Then on the other hand, e-celebs don't necessarily deserve a for sure slot more than the average player.
30 Apr 2015, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 18:31 PMMortar

Well if you were offended I apologize. I certainly wasn't trying to offend those that take it seriously.

My post was intended towards those who DON'T take advantage of this opportunity or are only somewhat interested. I recall last fall when the open Beta was launched how incredibly difficult it was to get a game. And that was OPEN BETA. Moreover, my comment was aimed at Relic for being so cavalier in their choices when there are OBVIOUSLY people who want a voice, WOULD take it seriously and yet can't play. Maybe I could have worded it more elegantly.

In the meantime, maybe you could just appreciate you got in while others who desperately would like to join you didn't. You aren't the only offended party here.

Yea, thanks for clarifying. I get what you mean, and definitely understand the disappointment. I hope they'll allow more people to get in so you guys can have a chance as well. Sorry for stirring up stuff a little.
30 Apr 2015, 18:42 PM

Well, I agree with that idea.

To build off my argument, my personal opinion is that Relic should be more on top with attendance for the alpha and see if there are people that got access and don't use it. If open slots are given to more active players, the data compilation would be better since majority of spots are being used. In that case the community knows that people who will play the alpha actively will be in and Relic gets more people contributing data and feedback.
30 Apr 2015, 18:44 PM
Patrion 14

Why should they have got in?

But, simply put, being highly ranked in the game shouldn't just get you access to the alpha.

For this to be a valid test of any kind they need a wide range of players that fully explore the skill curve of the community. Putting in too many of the games top players throws this curve hugely.

These are wise words and I couldn't agree more.... except....

Outstanding community members *should* get a free pass and automatic entry. Hans is one. So is Imperial Dane. Romeo is a no-brainer for entry. Ditto ATR, Team RNG casters and the Generals Gents crew.

Barton? No disrespect to the man but (a) his contribution to the community is mainly his skill as a player (he doesn't cast, for example) and (b) his fairly outrageous comments to Cynthia recently deserve some sort of sanction.

Yes, a broad spread of players is needed. That elite dude who popped up recently advocating truck-pushing is an example of why the ultra-competitive will invariably strangle every last drop of fun out of this game in order to climb that ladder (q.v. RNG hate).

But good *community* members? Whatever their skill, they should get in automatically. Ami, Hans, The Dane and the others. We all know who they are.

Edit - any of these folks are welcome to my key if Relic will waive the usual rule. They deserve it more than me by a country mile.
30 Apr 2015, 18:48 PM

I don't think it would be to hard to have certain people on an "always invite" list, and just open a few extra slots in the Alpha to ensure they get in if they want to.

Then on the other hand, e-celebs don't necessarily deserve a for sure slot more than the average player.

I agree, e-celebs should't necessarily be the first in. If it was more of an open alpha and Relic wanted some coverage of the new content, inviting youtubers/ twitch streamers would make sense. But Relic wants this underwraps until they feel ready to announce it, I'm assuming when we get that announcement is going to be based off the initial feedback you guys (alpha testers) provide.

But for some outstanding members of the community, for all they do as a sign of appreciation a guaranteed spot would make sense.:)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★