Login

russian armor

Does CoH1 have a future?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
28 Apr 2015, 00:12 AM

Everything that wehrman is true. The golden age of Vcoh has passed. It will not get released, and probable no new patches. However to say that it is not a great game is untrue, sure some things should change(staghounds,sniperspam) but really there are 50 more reasons why I dont play coh 2.

And no, the elite player base probably will not grow and "everyone who played coh1 are playing coh2" for no other reason than how old the game is. What were all the elite players doing 6-8 years ago? Not everyone has the time to devout 10-45 minutes to one game like they could years ago.

What the game really needs is a community that will encourage new players to not only play but to stick around and get better and to contribute to the future of coh, either thru elite mod or just 2v2 random on the weekeds.
28 Apr 2015, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2015, 12:32 PMnekron

what we want with this new playern??? they are not good and all new player spam only snipers so it make no fun to play againts it

so say me what we want with new playern
u ever played 2v2 at in the last months?
only noobs real noobs u wait 30 minutes and play 10 minutes
and all player they u meet in 1v1 they spam sniper
i play everytime 1 sniper .ok. but last game my opponent did 7 sniper
makes real fun to play againts it
the time is over enjoy the good games they u can get and remember to good old games they u had...

lol? sure we need them new players since theres no other way to enlarge the community
noobs become medium players, medium players become good players even playing 2on2 random games...for my part i saw atleast 3 average players in the last days who made big steps in terms of teamplay and micro, thats the way we´ve all been through...the discussion about snipers is useless as usual

28 Apr 2015, 18:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

It does not.
29 Apr 2015, 23:10 PM

It's okay, neither does CoH2
1 May 2015, 09:34 AM

There is still a core fan community of coh1, but most players went to other games.
I blame it on Relic, which fails to maintain its support for their games, be it coh1 or its successor.
There are still updates needed to fix steam coh, but if they will ever come at all, who knows...
9 Jun 2015, 22:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 23:10 PMNosliw
It's okay, neither does CoH2

It has better support and has zero Opposing Front cancer...
10 Jun 2015, 10:52 AM

Because there can not be a cancer in a cancer...
10 Jun 2015, 12:09 PM

Because there can not be a cancer in a cancer...

Apart from the global upgrades and commanders COH2 factions and gameplay are superior...I do like COH 1; but I dont idealise it
10 Jun 2015, 12:44 PM

Except possibly for Ost ALL of COH2 has some form of Opposing Front cancer.

Soviets can't completely tech and have no non-doc units that can't scale into a late game.

When OKW came out it was all armed trucks, space marines weilding long range lasers, non-doc KT, vet5 and a mobile pinning mg.

US got an early game and no late game plus repairing vehicle crews.
10 Jun 2015, 12:45 PM

I should add that I do hope COH2 gets better. 8 years later and building off the base of COH1 there is no reason it shouldn't have been. I am looking ofrward to the next patch and maybe I will start playing it again. But I have been saying that for a bunch of patches already.
10 Jun 2015, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 12:44 PMAvNY

Except possibly for Ost ALL of COH2 has some form of Opposing Front cancer.

Soviets can't completely tech and have no non-doc units that can't scale into a late game.

When OKW came out it was all armed trucks, space marines weilding long range lasers, non-doc KT, vet5 and a mobile pinning mg.

US got an early game and no late game plus repairing vehicle crews.

23rd of this month..
10 Jun 2015, 14:07 PM

I would realy like COH1 had a future. The absence of it and the cheaters are the reason for which I don't try it again. But it was a good game.
10 Jun 2015, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 14:07 PMJohnnyB
I would realy like COH1 had a future. The absence of it and the cheaters are the reason for which I don't try it again. But it was a good game.

It is ironic that now that there is no future there are also far far fewer cheaters.

One of the coders of a common maphack stopped updating it prior to the last Steam patch, so there is no readily available source of maphacks.

What is left is a bunch of barcounters. people who are on voice together and when matches start they make sure their start bars are the same and if not they "cancel". In effect they are playing AT teams vs. randoms. One top 10 random 2v2 guy was actually streaming as he did this. (They are cheaters, not rocket scientists.)

It is all too bad because the tools that limit cheating in COH2 are just as available now to COH1.
10 Jun 2015, 14:47 PM

If you do not think CoH1 was a way better game, then you never played it in 2009-2010.
10 Jun 2015, 14:50 PM

The 1v1 and 2v2AT scene in those years I feel will never be surpassed by CoH2.
11 Jun 2015, 05:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 14:47 PMNosliw
If you do not think CoH1 was a way better game, then you never played it in 2009-2010.

agreed!

11 Jun 2015, 05:33 AM

Apart from the global upgrades and commanders COH2 factions and gameplay are superior...I do like COH 1; but I dont idealise it

For me the "gameplay" is way behind COH1. You're ok to have your own opinion on this - i wont argue, but for me it's in a different league
11 Jun 2015, 05:51 AM

RIP VCoH 2K09-2K13 for me personally. Campaign was 50x better and multiplayer brought about a nice competitive scene and excellent arty spamming maps in custom match. Although sadly automatch was full of meta scrubs using snipers/ACs to lead their way into victory. Unless they only went snipers, this required true skill. :snfPeter:
Sniper meta isn't this bad in CoH2 thank the lord, and ACs can finally be countered. :foreveralone:
This isn't saying much though.

CoH2 also comes with a competitive scene that isn't purely revolved around clans, RIP WmD, Reborn, TFN, Trollololololo, and RR, your contributions to the comedy scene were greatly appreciated :foreveralone:
Still not as good as CoHO though. :snfPeter:

VCoH in a nutshell:
11 Jun 2015, 06:26 AM

VonIvan, I specifically said 2009-2010 because the era of vCoH after that was the sniper spam/AC spam era which wasn't as fun anymore. The era where the metagame shifted drastically and axis was underpowered in 2v2 was my favourite.
11 Jun 2015, 17:30 PM

You mean with Brit emplacements? It was sure as hell satysfying to beat British camping abuse but i'm not sure about AC's ... they've always been superpowerful.

Sniper meta isn't this bad in CoH2 thank the lord, and ACs can finally be countered. :foreveralone:

Tbh if there ever was somewhat decent support from Relic this could have been addressed because they were mainly just balance issues.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS