Login

russian armor

sound BAR

19 Apr 2015, 22:07 PM

Typewriter. I think the Browning Automatic Rifle sounds like a fucking typewriter. I would pay money for this change. Does anyone else feel the same?
19 Apr 2015, 22:57 PM

All of the sounds were recorded for CoH2, not synthesized.

Sounds pretty realistic to me

19 Apr 2015, 23:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

4 words.
F
G

now THAT thing sounds like a fucking Uzi or something.
19 Apr 2015, 23:14 PM

I have no doubt they are from a bar. But the sound team has levels to brighten one part and lesson others. They should re-calibrate and make sound like that video you got rmmlz.
19 Apr 2015, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2015, 23:14 PMLoki
I have no doubt they are from a bar. But the sound team has levels to brighten one part and lesson others. They should re-calibrate and make sound like that video you got rmmlz.

Oh yea, they do edit the sound, but consider your distance from the weapon (you're up in the air!). If you zoom the sound is different. But I like it as it is, just personal preference.
19 Apr 2015, 23:41 PM

It has always sounded really weak to me. I've never cared for the sound much. It sounds like a paintball gun.
20 Apr 2015, 00:52 AM

vcoh's version was pretty epic though. it was distinct and scary as fuck, really fitting for its field performance as well, scary as fuck.
20 Apr 2015, 06:37 AM

Yeah some sounds may be kind of not fitting but overall I don't know any WWII game that has such a brilliant sound as CoH2 has.
The sound effects were the first things that made me really like this game.

/EDIT:

BUT

I just remembered the old MG42 sound they had which was removed for a not known reason.
This shooting sound was so good that I placed the MG42 on top of my build order :snfPeter:

Anybody got the Youtube link to the comparison?
20 Apr 2015, 06:44 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2015, 22:57 PMRMMLz
All of the sounds were recorded for CoH2, not synthesized.

Sounds pretty realistic to me

sexy :snfPeter: this should be my new ring tone :D
Hux
20 Apr 2015, 06:46 AM
Patrion 14

speaking of sound effects, does anybody know what sound file it is where whoever was recording knocked the microphone or kicked an amp. It sounds like a bullet smashing a mirror inside a giant hall. its a horrible sound effect that I assume has been left on the end of a sound effect used in the game.

when I hear it, im always like wtf?
20 Apr 2015, 06:54 AM

Permanently Banned
Consider that you are listening to these weapons from a distance. But I don't agree that these sound super authentic to begin with.
20 Apr 2015, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 06:46 AMHux
speaking of sound effects, does anybody know what sound file it is where whoever was recording knocked the microphone or kicked an amp. It sounds like a bullet smashing a mirror inside a giant hall. its a horrible sound effect that I assume has been left on the end of a sound effect used in the game.

i turned my sound quality down to medium and haven't got the sound bug since. i have a feeling it has something to do with RAM and drivers not cooperating in CoH, similar stuff used to happen to me in the 00's playing games on crappy pc's xD
20 Apr 2015, 06:55 AM
Patrion 14

Yeah I don't think that's in a file somewhere. It's probably the result of some bug in the audio engine.
20 Apr 2015, 07:08 AM

But the real question is:
Can you sue Relic/SEGA for hearing damages caused by this bug?
Because, you know, this sound is REALLY LOUD. I'm glad that I don't play with headphones on.
20 Apr 2015, 07:35 AM

But the real question is:
Can you sue Relic/SEGA for hearing damages caused by this bug?
Because, you know, this sound is REALLY LOUD. I'm glad that I don't play with headphones on.

If it causes anything to me, it's gonna be a heart attack. I've already lost a few decibel due to actual gunshots, but this shit just scary. Seriously every time it happens, I feel like a couple of my heart cells die.
20 Apr 2015, 07:45 AM

Yeah some sounds may be kind of not fitting but overall I don't know any WWII game that has such a brilliant sound as CoH2 has.
The sound effects were the first things that made me really like this game.

/EDIT:

BUT

I just remembered the old MG42 sound they had which was removed for a not known reason.
This shooting sound was so good that I placed the MG42 on top of my build order :snfPeter:

Anybody got the Youtube link to the comparison?

I agree, most of the sound design is brilliant. I remember the brief time when they changed the MG42 to the MG34 sound and I nearly had a stroke from it. Haha. Anyway, here's a clip of the old MG42 sound. It honestly sounds the same as the current one except higher pitched. I do kind of miss it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsSqgx8GpNo&feature=youtu.be&t=4m25s
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS