Login

russian armor

American Tech

20 Apr 2015, 05:10 AM

I love US teching

When I play every other faction I have to commit to an opening. With US I don't have to worry about that and rifles are a solid enough unit to get me through any enemy opening.

USF is all about adapting. That's why it's important to try and read your opponent. T1 if your opponent goes heavy infantry and T2 if he is relying on vehicles or defense. If you mess up you can always get bars or zooks to balance it out. And no matter which way you tech you can always get out a decent light vehicle. And T3 has whatever type of armor you may need.

If you really want to spice it up with a different start then that's what the doctrines are for.

Any change would force too many light vehicles into one tech making that worthless since you will only buy one unit. Or make USF early game too strong. There is a reason rifles are slightly stronger then most basic infantry.

I always laugh when teammates ask me what I'm doing, because if I knew I wouldn't be playing USF correctly!

its not exactly just openings that should be considered. problem is when stuff like jadgpanzer, elefants and jadgtigers are in play. these things murder US armour. that is when you need hard AT that isnt jacksons.

considering zooks are horrendous. the next best AT is AT guns. now if you didnt choose airborne and hadnt gotten capt tech, that means AT guns need another 80 fuel. and to shell out 80 fuel at late game, that is really horrible.

thats when US tech is horrid.
20 Apr 2015, 05:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 05:10 AMwongtp

its not exactly just openings that should be considered. problem is when stuff like jadgpanzer, elefants and jadgtigers are in play. these things murder US armour. that is when you need hard AT that isnt jacksons.

considering zooks are horrendous. the next best AT is AT guns. now if you didnt choose airborne and hadnt gotten capt tech, that means AT guns need another 80 fuel. and to shell out 80 fuel at late game, that is really horrible.

Not really, USF is always floating huge amounts of fuel in the lategame, while having no MP, so that 80 fuel isint that big of a deal.
20 Apr 2015, 05:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 05:10 AMwongtp

Oh don't get me wrong. USF definetly has trouble with these things, but it isn't because of their tech structure rather it's because of badly balanced abilities, units, and weapons.

Zooks suck, enough said.

USF lacks a barrage unit like Katushya and Stuka and the alternatives (pack howi, M8, and major artillery) simply aren't making up for this lost role. Only the doctrinal priest will fill this efficiently.

Lack of available mines are also a huge gaping hole that even commanders fail to fulfill correctly. Those light AT mines are terrible and annoying to use. And there isn't a AI mine in the entire faction.

Flanking lacking all around, leaves mediums very useless in tank fights, assuring that USFs only dependable AT is in fragile long range units.

All of these issues can be solved without changing a anything in the US tech order though.

20 Apr 2015, 07:22 AM

Here's my idea, a pipe dream if you will-

T0 RE / Ambulance
T1 Rifles / M20
T2 50cal / Pack Howi / 57mm
T3 Stuart / M3 HT / Scott
T4 Sherman / Jackson

After T1 OR T2, T3 and T4 are unlocked.

IF so USF = Dead meat faction for OKW with its current stats.
If you modify USF teching in that way, you'll have to make RE far more stronger than they are, probably a 230-240 mp unit to match volks/gren and have a chance to resist more than 5 sec vs Sturm, this also probably means to up the squad size to 6 men at least.
You'll also have to give the fuel to unlock T1 or T2 at start. Seeing how 50cal can be really strong if well supported by those new RE, it would probably create a new mg meta for USF as for Sov.
Last, it would make USF not anymore dominating early game and so, you'll have to buff its late game. Maybe reduce some cost or increase some dmg stats and resilience for Shermans and Jacksons.

21 Apr 2015, 01:33 AM

Dear Strummingbird, I like you. The breakdown which you provide are inspirational to me. Brushing by you're icon and on to you're post I thought it might have said senior stagiest. I was surprised to see is said something else.

Here is My breakdown.

After the responses and comments I still believe that the M2HB .50 is the diversity that American needs early. Its cost and stats should remain. As it is the earliest mg, but it's shittyness should remain for that. Though, pop cap 4 would be my preference.
Hard to hold on to. expensive. But worth the trick.

My position remains on 57mm at tier 0 becoming available after the purchase of any officer.

T0:
Riflemen
Rear echlons
Ambulance
($T1-2)57mm
($T1,2,3)76mm Sherman/Jumbo/M40 155mm gun motor carriage

If you're still funny about Americans having heavy tanks something to consider is a priest feel alike. Not quite as good or whatever you like. Or maby limit one. Not sure what. But this is the place for it.

Rewarding the selection of all tiers is the way to go, I think. The king tiger is incredible, as it should be; But a powerful activist for the fully teched.

T1:
Flack Track
M3
75mm T12 half track

Bunch a glass cannons. Lots of hard counters. The more expensive light vehicles.

The m3 in mechanized company could just be the M5 with a ring mounted .50. And two thirty's off the back. You know, for logistics.

T2:
M20
Stuart
pack howi

Tougher, cheaper, faster soft counters.

Now this would fix the othseer problem with the M20. But I really hate to render it obsolete. So some adjustment would to be expected.

T3: remains as is.

This would provide the Americans with appropriate tools with out cornering them in to a tech. they are weak anyway. Which in this case, makes all too much sense.

The Americans have a lot of light vehicles. But you know, the Germans have a lot of heavy vehicles. So do the soviets. So what are you gonna do. Buy in to it. That's what. People who like them light things. There is an army just for you.

Go Thompson weapon rack. Go
meh
21 Apr 2015, 19:52 PM

Is airborne considered Elite Infantry? in this game? (This was not the case in COH 1)
21 Apr 2015, 20:10 PM

Only one Americans have.
21 Apr 2015, 21:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 19:52 PMmeh
Is airborne considered Elite Infantry? in this game? (This was not the case in COH 1)

Assuming you are talking MP, I doubt if A/B is considered 'Elite Infantry': this would surely be the Rifle Company?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★