Login

russian armor

improving volks small arms dmg to vehicles

13 Apr 2015, 02:26 AM

the fact is a flamer car can knock pretty much all volks off the field before they get shrecks... why cant they do small arms dmg too the scout car like grens can?
13 Apr 2015, 02:35 AM

the fact is a flamer car can knock pretty much all volks off the field before they get shrecks... why cant they do small arms dmg too the scout car like grens can?

Well it has to do with the fact they cant upgrade to lmg's and have no fausts. Regular unupgraded grens also strugle to do damage to M3s
13 Apr 2015, 02:35 AM
Patrion 14

I think it is fie. If I see t1 in the enemy base, I like to build a defensive mine to knock out the m3a1, and sometimes also invest in a raketen. The reason volks don't seem to do damage is because the scout car has good armor, allowing it to soak damage. I actually think the volks have a higher dps vs the m3a1 than grens do without panzerfaust.
13 Apr 2015, 02:51 AM

1.Check their base
2.Buld Raketen
4.profit
13 Apr 2015, 03:17 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Kubel should get more pen and damage against m3 and retreating snipers. first 5 mins of OKW vs Sovs is just OKW bending over and taking it from Sov T1, whether it's sniper Or m3 or penals. Or just flat con spam into M3.

Soviet can just choose how he's gonna abuse you.
13 Apr 2015, 03:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think it is fie. If I see t1 in the enemy base, I like to build a defensive mine to knock out the m3a1, and sometimes also invest in a raketen. The reason volks don't seem to do damage is because the scout car has good armor, allowing it to soak damage. I actually think the volks have a higher dps vs the m3a1 than grens do without panzerfaust.

Grens do +5 average DPS. Might be wrong if i'm using outdated stats although.
13 Apr 2015, 03:23 AM
Donator 11

Bend over till you get a FlakHT or Raketen depending on the soviet players build order.
13 Apr 2015, 03:32 AM

Kubel should get more pen and damage against m3 and retreating snipers. first 5 mins of OKW vs Sovs is just OKW bending over and taking it from Sov T1, whether it's sniper Or m3 or penals. Or just flat con spam into M3.

Soviet can just choose how he's gonna abuse you.

The Kubel got it's damage on the move nerfed pretty hard, would be nice if they reverted it.
13 Apr 2015, 13:39 PM

im almost positive 3 grens shooting small arms fire at a m3a1 will damage it way more then 3 volks would... it seems like there bullets just bounce off it. but yes i know all the counters... im just stating a fact after lots of gameplay with both factions.
13 Apr 2015, 14:46 PM

im almost positive 3 grens shooting small arms fire at a m3a1 will damage it way more then 3 volks would... it seems like there bullets just bounce off it. but yes i know all the counters... im just stating a fact after lots of gameplay with both factions.

The penetration value is the same, Grens' Kar98 does more damage.
13 Apr 2015, 15:00 PM

If I remember correctly the Grens do quite a bit more damage per shot but are less accurate than volks. Since small arms accuracy is not a problem against vehicles, this will translate into a lot more DPS vs the vehicle.
13 Apr 2015, 16:12 PM

Can we not have the return of the Kubel Jesus? I'm still scarred from that chapter of the CoH2 meta.
13 Apr 2015, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 16:12 PMNapalm
Can we not have the return of the Kubel Jesus? I'm still scarred from that chapter of the CoH2 meta.

Wait this ended? In 3v3+ the kubel is still extremely annoying and too good for its price.

Also Banana you want more utility for Volks? If you let them damage scout cars natively then how could I even use Scout Cars? If you see T1, play defensive and get a rakenten as 3rd or 4th unit. With new aiming time, easily capable to destroying Scout Car or pushing it away. Or keep your Sturms nearby and use them to ambush the scout car as it pushes in. Sturms do excellent damage against car. Since he is lite on AT definitely go for Mech and get fast puma or Flak HT.

Flames in scout car is still cheese, will always be cheese, and is stupid, but apparently is going to stay.
13 Apr 2015, 17:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 16:12 PMNapalm

It wouldn't be. It would just do more damage against M3 with a penetration buff.
13 Apr 2015, 17:45 PM

I think if you want to do small arms damage to those things you are better off with Sturmpioniere. Or just bite the bullet and buy a Raketenwerfer.
13 Apr 2015, 22:18 PM

The fact that you can still see the Soviets building in the fog of war is dumb as hell
13 Apr 2015, 22:49 PM
Patrion 28

you can see everyone. OKH has a weird shaped splat for the main building and OKH has splats similar to the soviets. idk what USF shows but it's whatever isn't soviet.
13 Apr 2015, 22:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

you can see everyone. OKH has a weird shaped splat for the main building and OKH has splats similar to the soviets. idk what USF shows but it's whatever isn't soviet.

It shows the outline of all the stuff in their base, which is of course irrelevant to the general topic we're discussing 'cause USF can't build tier buildings so you'll only know what tier they have when the officer shows his face/the units the tier builds attack you. Plus they don't can't immediate tier choices anyway.
13 Apr 2015, 23:15 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 22:55 PMVuther

It shows the outline of all the stuff in their base, which is of course irrelevant to the general topic we're discussing 'cause USF can't build tier buildings so you'll only know what tier they have when the officer shows his face/the units the tier builds attack you. Plus they don't can't immediate tier choices anyway.

yes, but it lets you know where the USF players are in team games that also have soviets.
13 Apr 2015, 23:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

yes, but it lets you know where the USF players are in team games that also have soviets.

Yeah but isn't the topic about how Soviets' tier choice can be found out by their opponents by looking into their base in the fog of war? The issue generally only affects them because Wehrmacht doesn't really have early tier choices, USF has none, and OKW don't build tiers immediately (though one can look at their base in the fog of war a bit later to see their tier choice, if you aren't too busy microing at that point).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 41
Germany 27
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak