Login

russian armor

I miss the old guard,: where are they??

PAGES (9)down
14 Apr 2015, 12:31 PM

long life CoH1. And still waitin for CoH3

+1
15 Apr 2015, 09:28 AM

Yo never really liked CoH2 so never got into it. Also as all my buddies moved away from CoH I kinda just followed stated playing new games and such. Still play a few games of vcoh or OMG mod tho.

oh and cool somebody remembered me!
15 Apr 2015, 10:39 AM

oh and cool somebody remembered me!

:huhsign: why not :rofl:
15 Apr 2015, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 10:39 AMnekron

:huhsign: why not :rofl:

king of demos B-)
15 Apr 2015, 18:27 PM

Who is Sandland?
15 Apr 2015, 19:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

No idea, must be a DoW player.
15 Apr 2015, 21:36 PM

He obviously comes from the desert
15 Apr 2015, 21:49 PM

lol
15 Apr 2015, 21:53 PM

Sandland and Purlictor pls.
16 Apr 2015, 01:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 21:36 PM12ocky
He obviously comes from the desert

I'll go back to my hole and play EU4 as Mali. World dominance will be MINE!
16 Apr 2015, 01:39 AM

Sandland? Freestyler? Sepha? DevM? Pepsi? Inverse? Lollypop?

I played a game with Lolly just yesterday. He still got dem skillz.
16 Apr 2015, 16:05 PM

lol

u are not the old elite :clap:
16 Apr 2015, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 16:05 PMnekron

u are not the old elite :clap:

u aren't either :S:S:S
16 Apr 2015, 21:14 PM
Coder Red Badge

For me, the game was fun because of the competition. It was fun and exciting when people were really trying hard to win and compete in tournaments. The last CoH1 SNF season was the pinnacle of that, and the Symbiosis vs. aljaz series I casted was probably the high point of my time around CoH. The fact that those two players approached the game completely differently and yet still had comparable levels of success made their games truly enjoyable to analyze, and the StratTalks I recorded in preparation for that series are among those I'm most proud of. The fact that CoH2 doesn't even have the potential to replicate those moments because of Relic's design decisions is the main reason why I have no desire to play it, and why there really isn't a competitive scene to speak of.

CoH1 doesn't have the activity and community necessary to make it an exciting competitive game anymore, and CoH2 doesn't have the game design necessary to make it one either. With games like Dota 2 and CSGO around, I just don't find myself wanting to play CoH anymore when I can have a far more fulfilling competitive experience elsewhere. I still play CoH1 occasionally, but stomping 9 games out of 10 isn't very fun.
17 Apr 2015, 03:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 21:14 PMInverse
For me, the game was fun because of the competition. It was fun and exciting when people were really trying hard to win and compete in tournaments. The last CoH1 SNF season was the pinnacle of that, and the Symbiosis vs. aljaz series I casted was probably the high point of my time around CoH. The fact that those two players approached the game completely differently and yet still had comparable levels of success made their games truly enjoyable to analyze, and the StratTalks I recorded in preparation for that series are among those I'm most proud of. The fact that CoH2 doesn't even have the potential to replicate those moments because of Relic's design decisions is the main reason why I have no desire to play it, and why there really isn't a competitive scene to speak of.

CoH1 doesn't have the activity and community necessary to make it an exciting competitive game anymore, and CoH2 doesn't have the game design necessary to make it one either. With games like Dota 2 and CSGO around, I just don't find myself wanting to play CoH anymore when I can have a far more fulfilling competitive experience elsewhere. I still play CoH1 occasionally, but stomping 9 games out of 10 isn't very fun.

My feelings exactly although I still get a good challenge as the remaining players are usually pretty decent.

Thing is the game still holds up graphically etc I was quite keen on the "HD Remake" or free release idea as this could bump the community back up a bit. Things were still pretty humming right up until the time coh2 came out which is what hurts the most. I was waiting for it like everyone else and preordered as soon as it was available but instead of giving me another decade of awesome competitive entertainment it bored the crap out of me in less then 100 hours and stole 3/4 of the community. Gay shit!!!
17 Apr 2015, 14:47 PM

All good things come to an end. Unfortunately.
18 Apr 2015, 09:07 AM

The best way to still have *somewhat* high level games is by arranging it with friends in basic match. The leaderboards have been dead for a while.
That said, I still see several good players online whenever I am. And usually when I ask friends they come online for a few games both with/against me.

But nothing happens if you dont put an effort into it.
18 Apr 2015, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 21:14 PMInverse

Even if Relic had made a COH1 HD remake instead of COH2 it wouldn't make any impact on the competitive scene at all vs the likes of dota2, cs:go etc

Relic just doesn't target that audience.
18 Apr 2015, 11:26 AM

COH games are very hard for noobs,thats why ppl after few matches stop to play game.
To learn you need to put some effort in game that is the reason why coh is not more popular.
Coh1 is best game ever made.Ami vs WHer matchup is RTS peak,while I think that COh1 was ruined whit Of factions.I move to coh2,game is much much better then before.Team games are better in COh2 then in COh1
I mean 3v3 and 4v4,there is not art fest plus british trucks.
18 Apr 2015, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 14:49 PM12ocky

> just wished u were able to state what gameplay elements are enjoyable in COH2 instead.

no problem:
-new resource system allows more comebacks

-the lategame isnt just about snipers and arty anymore
and i actually find a lategame which is dominated by tanks and heavy tanks much more logical and enjoyable than a lategame which is dominated by snipers

-the commander system actually provides a rather good diversity of how a game envolves. AND I KNOW: PEOPLE WILL NOW REPLY: HEY EVERYONE TAKES THE ALL SAME COMMANDERS AGAIN AND AGAIN! yes its true some are better than others. however the rate at which someone uses a less taken commander is actually rather high. and the many different commanders provide plenty of tactical options for creative and fun gameplay

-stuff like crushing knights cross and grens with m10 was imo nothing more than lame and abusive. this happens at a much lower rate in coh2.

-90% of CoH1 2v2 games consisted of learning maps and build orders by heart:
wehr player 1: defensive, vetgrenspam, medbunker, Flak, t4+stuka
wehr player 2: Terror, 3 snipers, support vet, pumas und nebelwerfer spam
US player 1: 4 rifles BARS m10spam Calliope
US player 2: 2 mgs, 2 snipers, m8, at gun spam, 2 howitzers

You will state: Hey there were variations of thi and it wasnt always the same. well for me it it felt like it. and in the end of coh1's lifecycle, when everyone played like this, i was just sick of trying to countersnipe, dodging nebelwerfer barrages, encountering a wall of 5 rep/medic bunkers and so on. the lategame was literally hammering arty or being hammered and then creeping with snipers. and i just couldnt stand that anymore

- CoH2 has a great variety of possible counters: to anything:
vs tanks for example: Stugs, jagdpanzer4, paks, shreks, jagdtiger, mines, anti tanks strafe etc.
and all of this stuff is actually being built.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 63
Germany 19
unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %