Login

russian armor

I miss the old guard,: where are they??

PAGES (9)down
12 Apr 2015, 16:42 PM

Hey CoH1 fans,

I started playing CoH in 2011, and I was really enjoying it. Then, when CoH2 came out, I bought it immediately. However, since then, I have not played it, in fact, since 2013 I have not played any games at all (let´s just say I focused on different things in life). I was on my computer a week ago, and saw my CoH2 steam icon on the desktop, so I decided to play. However, when I went to coh2.org, I was amazed at how much the community has changed. It looks like everyone I loved watching on streams is gone. Sandland? Freestyler? Sepha? DevM? Pepsi? Inverse? Lollypop? I mean, did every fan of CoH1 just decide not to play CoH2? I played it, it was ok, sort of. I think most of the community realized that CoH2, even though it is an ok game, can never be as good as CoH1 and probaly never will be. But they just sort of accepted it and kept on playing. But it seems all the good guys stayed here! Is CoH2 now really that bad, even with the new DLCs?

Why don´t you play CoH2 already? Is it that bad?
Why isn´t Inverse doing any CoH2 strat talks? Why isn´t Sepha showing off his micro skills?
Is Coh1 still fun? Is it still playable? Is coming back and abandoning coh2 for coh1 worth it?
And first and foremost, why does it look like Relic doesn´t care about CoH1 anymore?
12 Apr 2015, 17:03 PM
Donator 22

:-) have you ever played a single game for morgen than 5 years and kept streaming all the time?
Few people do that. The community changes.

And it is still good :-)
come back and enjoy.

Give it some love and you might love it!
12 Apr 2015, 17:15 PM

I agree that community changes, but I sort of expected them to move on to CoH2, not to stop playing completely. Without them, CoH2 for me has a weird feeling.
12 Apr 2015, 17:46 PM
Donator 11

It's not that vcoh veterans dont play coh2. The problem is it is a whole different game, you may not feel that but I can assure you lots of people can, including all pros. It's not that it is worse (excluding relics new economy model), just different. It plays differently and there are different ppl with talent for such gameplay. There are also many new ppl as the game is bigger than vcoh. That means top of the ladder has changed dramatically and so changed stream/cast part of community. Yet lots of those players are still somwhere here, hanging around, just not on the first pages of coh newspapers ;) Its that simple.
12 Apr 2015, 17:59 PM

It is simple, but it is sad :(
12 Apr 2015, 18:18 PM

Most of the people you named quit because of the early really bad state of the game I think. It is not perfect and never will be, but it is ok right now. I personally miss a lot of stuff that was in coh1. Both games are incredibly different. CoH2 got more of a casual approach. All points give fuel and muni, the pop cap is not connected to the amount of territories, you can just spam a unit and win, losing a unit doesnt hurt as much and more.. I think that the competitive side of things is not as good and that is why most really good people from coh1 quit the game.

And yes, you can still play coh1. The new steam version. It has around 50% of the players of coh2 online.
12 Apr 2015, 18:31 PM

I couldn't tell you why ALL those players are gone. I might suggest that for some of them, the game they loved in CoH1 doesn't exist in CoH2. CoH2 isn't bad, but for many individuals it may not satisfy what they felt was a truly great game.
12 Apr 2015, 18:39 PM

Yeah. Well, then I guess CoH1 truly is just a once in a lifetime experience.
12 Apr 2015, 19:42 PM

In my opinion, most of the CoH1 veterans are unsatisfied with the game and simply play other games which are more fun and more competitive (Dota2, CS:GO, etc). But I totally agree the CoH2 community feels lackluster, with the most famous of it's members being simply the ones who spam the most games and stream the most of the spam. No epic tournaments or legend players to be found here. The ship of CoH legends has long sailed.
Hux
12 Apr 2015, 20:02 PM
Patrion 14

What i miss about Vcoh the most is its almost comic book aesthetic. It really had a nice atmosphere. Colours were exaggerated and dynamic and overall it had a real cinematic quality to it.

Coh2 tries to be more realistic, and fails quite spectacularly in that respect I think. This leads to everything being grey and that 'cinematic' feeling being lost.

I really enjoyed watching the tournaments for VCoH, but I wouldn't say I miss any of the players you mentioned. they get replaced by other players, whether they are better or worse is a different story.

But for me personally, the atmosphere of CoH2 feels very drab and hollow compared to VCoh and that I miss the most.
12 Apr 2015, 20:07 PM

I am not sure what this thread is about. But if its about getting older, it is hard, everything was better before.
12 Apr 2015, 20:15 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 20:02 PMHux
What i miss about Vcoh the most is its almost comic book aesthetic. It really had a nice atmosphere. Colours were exaggerated and dynamic and overall it had a real cinematic quality to it.

Coh2 tries to be more realistic, and fails quite spectacularly in that respect I think. This leads to everything being grey and that 'cinematic' feeling being lost.

I really enjoyed watching the tournaments for VCoH, but I wouldn't say I miss any of the players you mentioned. they get replaced by other players, whether they are better or worse is a different story.

But for me personally, the atmosphere of CoH2 feels very drab and hollow compared to VCoh and that I miss the most.

It depends what kind of films you're into. VCoH is cinema wise just game version of Saving Private Ryan, while coh2 has obviously more of real war cinematography.
Hux
12 Apr 2015, 20:25 PM
Patrion 14

It depends what kind of films you're into. VCoH is cinema wise just game version of Saving Private Ryan, while coh2 has obviously more of real war cinematography.

By 'cinematic' I wasn't referring to any film in particular. The SPR/ Band of Brothers homages are obvious but I think you'll find even if you watch those films they themselves are pretty drab in terms of colour. What I meant was that VCoH had a much more 'intense' feeling to it's atmosphere than CoH2 which, in a word, is beige.
12 Apr 2015, 20:48 PM

Screw it.:S I'm going back to CoH1. :) Maybe I'll finally get to be number 1 in all factions, now that most of the experts are gone B-). I also feel like CoH2 lacks good casters. The days of SoundStrategyNetwork with Bridger, Vitensby ans Rogers are gone. Bridger said he would come back to if CoH2 was released. He didn't. But I guess we all know why :(.
12 Apr 2015, 20:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Incendiary title dampened
12 Apr 2015, 21:34 PM

good job major u gotta protect the feelings of all those coh2 fans
12 Apr 2015, 21:36 PM
Donator 22

I go back with this game since 2006. Players come and go. VERY few stick with it forever although there are a few. Meanwhile, there are a lot of very good players out there still and quite a few great casters/streamers. Check em out!
12 Apr 2015, 21:36 PM

Well, if it hurts, then it is probably the truth, right?
12 Apr 2015, 23:57 PM

Hey, old CoH1 player as well, started the game roughly around the same time as you.

I'm more into WoT these days, but I also play CoH every now and then WoT annoys me.

Wouldn't mind having a game with you :) Add hubewa24 if you like :)
13 Apr 2015, 03:06 AM

The only thing that kept CoH1 alive for as long as it did was the community behind it, and the occasional tournaments. If you hop on CoH1 now you'll mostly just encounter people who bought it through steam sales recently and maybe a handful of old players.

With the support for the game gone, people would naturally just go on to better and fun games(definitely not CoH2).
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
unknown 25
Mexico 14
Germany 913

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L