Login

russian armor

Urban Tactics Forward Hq Issue

11 Apr 2015, 18:04 PM

Kill the medics, for some reason people never figure to do that.
11 Apr 2015, 18:09 PM
Donator 11

Mortar HT is a very effective counter... the HQ doctrine will be useless...
or just use the Assault granades (Volksgrenadiere/Sturmgrenadiere/Jäger Inf.)

Beside all counters the doctrine is very map specific
11 Apr 2015, 18:11 PM

Just played against this, was very simple to win. Using MG's and Kubels pin all his men around the FHQ. Use units to pick of squads trying to crawl away. Bleed them of MP while one player gets Flak HT or Flamers or MTHT, or even stuka if you can hold on.

Biggest thing is to keep them pinned so you can work.

Cheesey and beatable.

Also don't come here looking for advice, get it, and then say, nope can't do it. I don't want to use that commander ever.

No you're right I'll take Queenratchet's advice, thank you. I was unprepared. But tbh I'm still shocked that this is a strategy, as unknowing players won't have a clue on how to counter it.
11 Apr 2015, 18:17 PM

Lets hope you have one of the two commanders in your load out one of which is very weak.
Otherwise, good luck...also isn't unlocked until 2cp and costs 66% that of the FHQ.

You need to pay 66% of what opponent paid to hardcounter him and you think that is a problem?
Also what is wrong again with flexible commander choices so you are prepared for opponent instead of brainlessly going grenspam with paks into tigers?
11 Apr 2015, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 18:17 PMKatitof

You need to pay 66% of what opponent paid to hardcounter him and you think that is a problem?
Also what is wrong again with flexible commander choices so you are prepared for opponent instead of brainlessly going grenspam with paks into tigers?

If you want to compare with idiots using the FHQ, you are completely right.

Good luck vs FHQ with:

1) Good oppenents coordinated to spam 3 Soviet mortars at once
2) A hell of Cons sandbag and wire around the FHQ
3) Good choice of buildings that impossible to go down instantly even against MHT and Stuka, e.g. Train station, big French church, big French buildings
4) FHQ for total denial of muni and fuel of Axis

If you claim FHQ is easy to counter in big teamgames, either they are nubs or just Allies fanboy propaganda.
11 Apr 2015, 18:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 18:17 PMKatitof

All im saying is that if someone is unprepared for one specific enemy commander then itll be next to impossible to win if he chooses the right building on the right map. Thats all :D
11 Apr 2015, 19:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 18:29 PMPorygon

Good luck vs FHQ with:

3) Good choice of buildings that impossible to go down instantly even against MHT and Stuka, e.g. Train station, big French church, big French buildings

If you claim FHQ is easy to counter in big teamgames, either they are nubs or just Allies fanboy propaganda.

>Fight a bit
>2CP
>Mortar Half Track
>Incendiary Round
>Building on fire, dies regardless of size and total HP because fire never goes out. Your mortar can now resume raining hell on soviet anything.

Oh my god so HARD to get within mortar range and click one button and target.
11 Apr 2015, 19:23 PM

>Fight a bit
>2CP
>Mortar Half Track
>Incendiary Round
>Building on fire, dies regardless of size and total HP. Your mortar can now resume raining hell on soviet anything.

Oh my god so HARD to get within mortar range and click one button and target.

You lose the game already before your MHT arrive.
Also, I suppose you should test it before you post, big French church and rail station can withstand the flame round, and Stuka.

Or just back to the basic, what if you don't have the Spearhead? :foreveralone:
11 Apr 2015, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 19:23 PMPorygon

You lose the game already before your MHT arrive.
Also, I suppose you should test it before you post, big French church and rail station can withstand the flame round, and Stuka.

Or just back to the basic, what if you don't have the Spearhead? :foreveralone:

I never mentioned the stuka

The FHT round has to land centrally on any similarly sized building but will still set on fire and fire never goes out.

And if you went 4v4 and none of you have a counter to a very powerful 4v4 asset you only have yourselves to blame for not coming properly equipped.
11 Apr 2015, 19:37 PM

I like how everyone just forgot that the flame HT exists and it can set buildings on fire almost as fast as a KV8 :foreveralone:
11 Apr 2015, 19:41 PM

I never mentioned the stuka

The FHT round has to land centrally on any similarly sized building but will still set on fire and fire never goes out.

And if you went 4v4 and none of you have a counter to a very powerful 4v4 asset you only have yourselves to blame for not coming properly equipped.

Did you test it on EVERY buildings before claiming this? :foreveralone:
11 Apr 2015, 19:44 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 19:41 PMPorygon

Did you test it on EVERY buildings before claiming this? :foreveralone:

i will test and make a video. i doubt it will work on concrete strutures
11 Apr 2015, 19:48 PM

I like how everyone just forgot that the flame HT exists and it can set buildings on fire almost as fast as a KV8 :foreveralone:

This. I never use anything else on Trois Ponts or Ettelbruck Station, and I've yet to come across anyone actually utilise the wonderful Flame Halftrack to clear these out.
11 Apr 2015, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 16:14 PMJason

You can't be serious dude. To constantly have one of the weakest commanders in my line-up to counter a 0CP ability. Not cool.
I wouldn't consider Spearhead Doctrine weak. I can agree with you on Festung Support though.
11 Apr 2015, 23:18 PM

Festung Support is not as powerful as Spearhead but it has a nice and powerful offmap arty but having Relief infantry and leFH artillery makes it bigger pain to play than a joy.
12 Apr 2015, 01:23 AM

Flamer half track is amazing for torching structures. I always get one if I'm fighting anything building related... partisans, fhq, etc. It does come late so you have to beat the first one but it's great for eliminating buildings without sacrificing your fighting strength since you almost never use it on the front.

My main strategy to counter without a Mht is 2 flamer pios 2 mgs and a mortar. You can have one pios on it almost constantly while the other is reinforcing and keep the mortar on barrage. I don't attack ground. It'll get More rounds down range using the barrage as soon as cool down is over. It's much much easier with a Mht though. There I go oNE mortar one Mht 2 mgs and do work. It's a bitch on the right map though
12 Apr 2015, 01:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge

always have them. the commanders are weak, but not as weak as urban defense after u win the early game

This
12 Apr 2015, 01:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You have 3 Commander Slots:

Use 1 to Counter FHQ

Use I to Counter On-Map Artillery

If you play randoms and aren't prepared to do that, or play AT and no one in your team has them; then you accept the risk and deserve everything that is going to happen to you.
12 Apr 2015, 03:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 18:29 PMPorygon

Good luck vs FHQ with:

In a nut-shell, this is spot on. On maps especially Trospoints FHQ is impossible to counter, espically in 2v2, where one player makes 2 FHQ and the other techs.
12 Apr 2015, 04:27 AM

There are stone buildings on a couple of maps that don't burn and take two stuka barrages to destroy. And I'm not even sure two stuka barrages will always kill them. Stuka + time for two barrages is a little extreme.

On every other map it's insta-win for Axis if you're not idiots.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★