Login

russian armor

Para Support Squad

9 Apr 2015, 11:14 AM

What if they simply got both Zooks and Thompsons for free, and never got LMG? They don't get Tactical Assault anyway, and for what its worth they don't get the timed demo charge either.
9 Apr 2015, 11:15 AM

They'd be fine if relic took away useless AT gun out of the call-in and adjusted the cost. They have toolkit and weapons allowing them do work a bit on the back lines, but they can't drop there because of blocking cost and AT gun donation to the enemy.
9 Apr 2015, 12:28 PM

They'd be fine if relic took away useless AT gun out of the call-in and adjusted the cost. They have toolkit and weapons allowing them do work a bit on the back lines, but they can't drop there because of blocking cost and AT gun donation to the enemy.

Yeah saving 900 MP as USF is usually not the smartest thing to do, then when you drop in the group you either have to do it far enough back so you can man the at gun safely or you risk it being stolen. I'm with you in that they need to get rid of the at gun.
9 Apr 2015, 12:39 PM

No worries, we will wait another 6 months to fix this ability :foreveralone:
9 Apr 2015, 12:49 PM
Donator 22

The deal is not bad you get like 1000mp and ~200 muni worth of stuff with 900mp. The AI paratroopers have 1 LMG or 3 SMGs so you can still give them BAR. Zook squad comes with double upgrade. Demo is replaced with light AT mines. Paratroopers also don't get self heal with vet for some reason? The 57mm is not useless. It has good rof and with ap rounds it can still hurt tigers and panthers.

Airdropped combat group only sucks if you get two bazooka squads. I wish we could choose the upgrades or make it drop 1 AI and 1 AT squad. I use the combat group when I have lost some rifle squads and float MP but it's hard to put in your build. At the stage they become available you have allready build all the rifle squads you need and all resurces go to vehicles.
9 Apr 2015, 13:05 PM

Bazooka paras come still with 1 zooka.
And 57mm is useless, because you can't use paras as paras with it.
You need to drop it in your base or your territory to not donate it to axis.
It doesn't matter how well it performs, as long as it arrives without crew, its liability.
9 Apr 2015, 13:32 PM

Bazooka paras come still with 1 zooka.
And 57mm is useless, because you can't use paras as paras with it.
You need to drop it in your base or your territory to not donate it to axis.
It doesn't matter how well it performs, as long as it arrives without crew, its liability.

Well I do think that team weapons crewed by Paras should be able to reinforce from beacons just like paras themselves.
9 Apr 2015, 13:39 PM

I have used this commander and the ability in a few games against different enemies. (build order was; 1 RE > 3 rifle > ambulance > captain > para support) Here my notes;

if u have early game dominance using 2 of RE, you can easily float 900 mp by the time u reach 7 CP. (the price is ok for me). getting 2 squads of paras upgraded is a big AI and nice AT capability increment (consider no munitions spend). Due to having free upgrades on paras, you can give rifle squads bars easily..

waiting to reach 7 CP, you always need to have some AT capability (against flak ht, 222 etc). So, you should get captain to counter the vehicles until 7 CP 57mm paradrop.. But, if I unlock the t3, that means I can get 57mm, then why I need the paradropped 57mm ? So let me unlock t2 to save some extra fuel to get m8, if I will need to have 57mm lately, I will already get it at 7 CP from air. Yet, I have no AT capability to counter early vehicles (except for bazooka upgrade).

To sum up; it is really nice commander (m8 and para support) if your enemy isnt going to use hard core AI tactics
9 Apr 2015, 13:45 PM

Well I do think that team weapons crewed by Paras should be able to reinforce from beacons just like paras themselves.

That is still not a solution as you want troops on the backlines to get instantly to work, you don't have 20 seconds to wait for them to reinforce back to full even with predefined beacon set by pathfinders earlier.

And yes, I've tried that(was using recon doctrine before it was cool), it doesn't work.
9 Apr 2015, 15:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

99% of the call-in's issues is the metric fuckton of manpower it costs to get it.

Doesn't matter how worth it the call-in is if you actually manage to get that manpower, you're pretty much ain't never gonna get that much manpower. IT'S MORE MANPOWER THAN A JAGDTIGER! So, I'm agreeing rebalancing it around removing the AT gun and reducing the cost could make it far more usable. Whose going until 7 CP to get an AT gun anyway? There's no timing that would work for that save for "You are wrecking your opponent super hard, but don't have effective AT and then they manage to pull out a medium". A situation that is obviously your fault.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★