Login

russian armor

The Brummbar

7 Apr 2015, 20:29 PM

Well, its more about synergy. Brummbar as first tank will suck but when you combine it with AT, its amazing. It denies infantry with at nades, it can deny at guns etc. Brummbar+Panther is better option than 2 Panthers.

Synergy is always good. but i find the ostwind + panther a better synergy as the ostwind has the mobility and turret to tag along with the panther when its flanking.

If i compare this unit to all the AI tanks in the game this one is the worst for cost. i either it needs a buff or a fuel reduction. its not that this unit is worthless far from it but simply provides far to little for such a price tag.
8 Apr 2015, 07:06 AM

In my opinion Brummbär does NOT need any buffs atm as it is a very strong AI tank that is capable of of clearing defensive position at ease (which also in real life was the job of a Sturmpanzer).

There is just no place for it because of the Call-In Meta. Tech to T4 and Build a Brummbär? That's simply not worth. It is better to tech to T3 for an Ostwind instead and wait for a Tiger.

I find this really sad as the Brummbär was the first tank I thought 'Wow what a cool thing' when playing CoH2 Alpha.
8 Apr 2015, 07:07 AM

In my opinion Brummbär does NOT need any buffs atm as it is a very strong AI tank that is capable of of clearing defensive position at ease (which also in real life was the job of a Sturmpanzer).

There is just no place for it because of the Call-In Meta. Tech to T4 and Build a Brummbär? That's simply not worth. It is better to tech to T3 for an Ostwind instead and wait for a Tiger.

I find this really sad as the Brummbär was the first tank I thought 'Wow what a cool thing' when playing CoH2 Alpha.

It needs more reliable pathing.
8 Apr 2015, 07:23 AM

This is also correct. As I mentioned in another thread, Turretless tanks suffer somehow from a bad pathing. But this is rather a technical issue that is very unlikely to be fixed somehow.
8 Apr 2015, 08:09 AM

After reading this thread I saw a reply on Propogandacast and the newest one was one with the Brummbar. Holy fakh that thing was a beast. Stunned one SU-85 and almost killed another trolol.
8 Apr 2015, 11:21 AM

UP Brummbar once again. This time in random 2v2 as a first tank.

Guards blobs who? :drool:

8 Apr 2015, 12:08 PM

First thing Brummbar needs is to be able to FACE ITS ENEMY and be able to BACK UP STRAIGHT. Brummbar is perfect counter to rifle spam ( and ost ) but it dies instantly to any TD cuz it can move backwards! Most frustrating 560mp 160 fuel unit in the game.

Use reverse.
8 Apr 2015, 13:20 PM

its pretty solidly capable of dealing with blobs tbh. I don't see the problem with it, apart from its tier but thats a whole other issue
8 Apr 2015, 20:35 PM

imo it needs a price reduction and it should get vet faster since i need 60-70 kills to reach vet 3
9 Apr 2015, 04:13 AM

Use reverse.

Reverse gets stuck on everything. thats what this thread is about
9 Apr 2015, 04:20 AM
Donator 11

UP Brummbar once again. This time in random 2v2 as a first tank.

Guards blobs who? :drool:

Rank 8k+ and rank 20k+ enemies, the latter even has ranks up to 40k.
No offense, but that's like playing vs. easy AI.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 13:20 PMsamich
its pretty solidly capable of dealing with blobs tbh. I don't see the problem with it, apart from its tier but thats a whole other issue

Pretty much my thought. Okay, asides from the insane kill amount it needs to vet up, it's a decent unit. But by the time i could get it i will have other problems than the enemy infantry.
9 Apr 2015, 04:31 AM

Reverse gets stuck on everything. thats what this thread is about

People seem to forget that's what i made the thread about, Its combat effectiveness is a whole other discussion. But i will elaborate a little on it;

Its expensive, Comes late, Ostwind is generally better at its job, And Ostwind wont get caught on stupid shit.
9 Apr 2015, 07:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2015, 04:20 AMkamk

Rank 8k+ and rank 20k+ enemies, the latter even has ranks up to 40k.
No offense, but that's like playing vs. easy AI.

Pretty much my thought. Okay, asides from the insane kill amount it needs to vet up, it's a decent unit. But by the time i could get it i will have other problems than the enemy infantry.

Random, what can I say...But it does not change the fact that Brummbar was very accurate, effective and useful. I had a AT game vs some AT Asian blobber and I did same thing. (they were about 800 as AT team) and again, brummbar was pure killing machine.
9 Apr 2015, 07:27 AM

Random, what can I say...But it does not change the fact that Brummbar was very accurate, effective and useful. I had a AT game vs some AT Asian blobber and I did same thing. (they were about 800 as AT team) and again, brummbar was pure killing machine.

Well the thing is, against good players you can't really save for T4 can you? Aside from pathing, Brummbar is fine stat-wise. The problem is T4. End of story.
9 Apr 2015, 07:44 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Should also get hold-fire in addition to pathing needed by all fixed gun vehicles. Brummbars need to be able to save that shot given their long reload. Furthermore, Brummbars shooting while turning or moving is very annoying as those shots often scatter.

Yes, turning does count as moving. It's why spotting scopes are such a pain on units such as StuGs which always shuts them off when they spot something at 50 meters.
9 Apr 2015, 07:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Yes, turning does count as moving. It's why spotting scopes are such a pain on units such as StuGs which always shuts them off when they spot something at 50 meters.

The elefant dance is always the best- forward sight arc is larger than the gun casemate arc, so if the tank spots something at the edge of the arc, it starts turning... then the scopes shut off, so it stops, then the scopes activate and it starts turning again, which means the scopes stop, and then it stops turning... all the while, the map flashes light/dark/light/dark in a seizure-inducing fashion :p
9 Apr 2015, 08:27 AM

Should also get hold-fire in addition to pathing needed by all fixed gun vehicles. Brummbars need to be able to save that shot given their long reload.

All vehicles should have hold-fire and all medium-heavy tanks should have priortize buttons.
9 Apr 2015, 09:38 AM

All vehicles should have hold-fire and all medium-heavy tanks should have priortize buttons.

all vehicles capable of damaging enemy vehicles should have a prioritize vehicle button. Its so annoying when i'm trying to run down a stukka with a stuart and it starts spinning its turret to try and hit some retreating volks squad.

There are examples of good players going tier4 against other good players. Its a bit of an exaggeration to say it can't be done, it can and is. I do agree that its overly prohibitive but its not as bad as its made out on here and to be honest i'd rather see the teching of the wf armies changed then the vanilla factions.
9 Apr 2015, 09:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2015, 09:38 AMsamich

all vehicles capable of damaging enemy vehicles should have a prioritize vehicle button. Its so annoying when i'm trying to run down a stukka with a stuart and it starts spinning its turret to try and hit some retreating volks squad.

There are examples of good players going tier4 against other good players. Its a bit of an exaggeration to say it can't be done, it can and is. I do agree that its overly prohibitive but its not as bad as its made out on here and to be honest i'd rather see the teching of the wf armies changed then the vanilla factions.

Changing the teching of WFA won't change callin meta.
9 Apr 2015, 10:07 AM

This. All vehicles should have hold-fire at least.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 436
Netherlands 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment