Login

russian armor

The Brummbar

6 Apr 2015, 21:10 PM

Id like to bring up a problem that has been rather annoying me since the maneuverability patch:

The Brummbar. It is extremely annoying but it seems that the pathing on the Brummbar is absolute trash.

It has a real tenancy to stop moving and turn its ass to the Zis. Or when trying to micro, It will just Stop moving.

I am unsure about the technical on how pathing and crush works but it seems that the brummbar needs a heavier crush so it doesn't get caught on the smallest things.
It also seems to traffic jam's really easily almost as if its Box its bigger than the skin.
6 Apr 2015, 21:19 PM

It comes from Ostheer T4, which automatically makes it a unit you build if you want to lose. Not only does it have the pathing issues you mentioned, it can not even fulfill the roll it is supposed to do adequately. Stack this with how expensive the fuel investment is and how late it comes into the game with more than sufficient counters to it, you are better off not even trying to use this unit until there is a whole rework to T4 (don't hold your breath) and after that address the units performance to make it viable.
6 Apr 2015, 21:30 PM

Just fixing its pathing first would at least let me to use it out of novelty.
Its SU-76 levels of bad right now but at least the SU-76 isn't hard crippled by terrible pathing.
6 Apr 2015, 21:33 PM

The problem I have with the Brummbär:

Ostwind > Brummbär

Why would I build it? There´s a cheaper unit, that´s earlier available, that deals damage more consistently. The only thing the Brummbär has over the Ostwind is better armor and a better alpha damage. You can fight AT-guns every now and then. However with mobility and cost and time available added into the equation I still think the Ostwind is better.
6 Apr 2015, 21:35 PM

It has no unique pathing issues. it has no unique pathing mechanics, even, as far as I'm aware.

All fixed turret vehicles suffer with this.
6 Apr 2015, 21:36 PM

The problem I have with the Brummbär:

Ostwind > Brummbär

Why would I build it?

Brummbar has spike damage
6 Apr 2015, 21:37 PM

As for the pathing issue, in the last patch there was a bug fix that gave it the correct hitbox size, apparently it was too large previously. I don't know enough about the game mechanics to know if this would help the pathing but you might give it another shot and see if it is still a problem.

As for its combat ability, I think that the brummbar is a great unit. It's awesome at smashing late game defensive positions and clearing out support weapons. Of course, a panther is the only possible first build from t4, but the brummbar is a great follow up unit unless you're facing isu152s or is2s in which case a second panther is important.
6 Apr 2015, 21:37 PM

It has no unique pathing issues. it has no unique pathing mechanics, even, as far as I'm aware.

All fixed turret vehicles suffer with this.

Go try it, StuG feels nimble like T-70 compared to it.
6 Apr 2015, 21:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just fixing its pathing first would at least let me to use it out of novelty.
Its SU-76 levels of bad right now but at least the SU-76 isn't hard crippled by terrible pathing.

SU-76 is less crippled and more born without limbs.
6 Apr 2015, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2015, 21:40 PMVuther

SU-76 is less crippled and more born without limbs.

True but making a Thread about it would be useless Relic Hasn't/Wont fix it.
6 Apr 2015, 21:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Brummbar has spike damage

Also if I ever saw it (I think I saw it once since the cover-finding changes...), I'd imagine it has a much better chance of wiping squads.

Of course that's still insufficient to compensate...

True but making a Thread about it would be useless Relic Hasn't/Wont fix it.

I would have said that too a week ago, BUT GUARDS NOW MAN, MAYBE THERE'S A CHANCE FOR IT TOO!
6 Apr 2015, 21:54 PM

The Brummbar might just need a heavier crush.
*Note i am not really commenting on balance of this unit this is simply a what i feel to be a bug issue*
6 Apr 2015, 21:57 PM

Go try it, StuG feels nimble like T-70 compared to it.

I do use it regularly when playing Ost. The barrage is great.

My usual 3v3 is Ostruppen > Ostruppen > Ostruppen > Ostruppen > Ostruppen > Halftrack > Field Officer > AT Guns as Needed > T4 > Panther > Brummbar > Panther > Brummbar > Panther etc. etc.
6 Apr 2015, 22:01 PM

Permanently Banned

My usual 3v3 is Ostruppen > Ostruppen > Ostruppen > Ostruppen > Ostruppen > Halftrack > Field Officer > AT Guns as Needed > T4 > Panther > Brummbar > Panther > Brummbar > Panther etc. etc.

Good thing u are playing 3's

This strat literally had me laugh out loud :snfBarton:
6 Apr 2015, 22:03 PM

Good thing u are playing 3's

This strat literally had me laugh out loud :snfBarton:

Its trolly even for 3's Any half decent 3's team would absolutely destroy it.
6 Apr 2015, 22:04 PM

Permanently Banned

Its trolly even for 3's Any half decent 3's team would absolutely destroy it.

Hell! a single MG even... :snfPeter:
6 Apr 2015, 22:13 PM

Hell! a single MG even... :snfPeter:

Luckily, the maxim can only pin one squad.

And yes, it's 3's or 4's only. I meatshield my ally OKW and his sturm officer. Ostruppen with double buffs actually hit things.

It's a fun build, not a nail grindingly competitive one. It's axis, I can afford to be casual in ways my allied builds never can
6 Apr 2015, 22:18 PM

The ostwind is far better in the AI role then the brumbar. a brumbar can do a lot of damage in a single shot. but it needs to hit to do so while the ostwind will simply load another 37 mm round in its gun and keep firing. Also the brumbar rarely squad wipes unless units are clumped up.

While the ostwind can kill a spread out infantry squad in a single burst and chase them down if needed. when it comes to offence the ostwinds ability to flank and get behind the AT guns makes it once again better. In my opinion the brumbar needs 70 range for me to ever consider buying this very underpowered unit.
6 Apr 2015, 22:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2015, 22:18 PMZyllen
The ostwind is far better in the AI role then the brumbar. a brumbar can do a lot of damage in a single shot. but it needs to hit to do so while the ostwind will simply load another 37 mm round in its gun and keep firing. Also the brumbar rarely squad wipes unless units are clumped up.

Which is all the time. :p

By the way, it's way better microing it with attack ground onto a particular unit clump rather than hoping the AI of it gets a good target (frankly, it probably aims for the center every time), especially because of the long reload time. It still won't be great in practice, but it's much better.
7 Apr 2015, 00:06 AM

Well, pathing problems are considered as bugs aren't they? All heavies have this problem and it's frustrating.
Other problems are all fixed by fixing Otsheer's Teching.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★