Login

russian armor

FHQ and PTRS cons blob, detroy the early games!

5 Apr 2015, 06:34 AM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/33077/fhq-and-ptrs-cons-blobs-detroys-the-early-games

This replay shows how the early game can be detroyed by PTRS cons blob and FHQ...

It's a 4v4 game. Both are arranged teams. 4 soviet players just spamm the cons and 2 players go to PTRS commander which can kill infantry squards very quickly. Should the PTRS rifles kill infantry so quickly???

And in last patch note, relic said:
"We have aimed to create a more evenly measured match where Axis and Allies have equal advantages from start to finish. Reduce the temporal effect that we were seeing in data, where allies have an early advantage at a higher VP count."

So does this replay show us an equal early game? The FHQ tactics has always been a huge advantage to Allies for a long long time. Then relic has done nothing about it yet...

And relic said:
"Improve the already existing blob counters, in non-lethal ways."

So why katyusha hits the field so early countering infantry blobs so effectively, while what Ostheer players can do is just waiting for the high tech cost usless panzerwerfer???

Katitof PLS SHUT UP. This guy always protects soviet without thinking:D
5 Apr 2015, 07:07 AM
Patrion 28

maybe we'll get a fix in a month or two.
5 Apr 2015, 07:16 AM

ive not noticed PTRS being "OP" vs infantry personally. I even did PTRS builds my last 2 games to test out the complaints on them.

PTRS is definitely a lot better- but as far as i can tell I'm not winning engagements vs infantry with PTRS that I wouldn't have won with unupgraded conscripts. You really need a group of 3-4 conscripts with PTRS's to really tear in to some infantry- but 3-4 squads of conscripts tear in to some infantry anyway....

I feel like if anything the PTRS is just brought up to the point of not causing a anti-infantry nerf to squads holding the PTRS.
5 Apr 2015, 07:29 AM

In this particular game, Katyushas and incendiary artillery did a lot more then PTRS. And it's a little bit ironic, like CAS in team games isn't abuse at all.
5 Apr 2015, 07:48 AM

ive not noticed PTRS being "OP" vs infantry personally. I even did PTRS builds my last 2 games to test out the complaints on them.

PTRS is definitely a lot better- but as far as i can tell I'm not winning engagements vs infantry with PTRS that I wouldn't have won with unupgraded conscripts. You really need a group of 3-4 conscripts with PTRS's to really tear in to some infantry- but 3-4 squads of conscripts tear in to some infantry anyway....

I feel like if anything the PTRS is just brought up to the point of not causing a anti-infantry nerf to squads holding the PTRS.

3-4 ptrs squads are manageable, but 5-8, which i encountered last night, just fuck over everything. The gun of a HMG Team gets destroyed before the crew is dead, even when placed in heavy cover.
5 Apr 2015, 07:49 AM

maybe we'll get a fix in a month or two.

normaly six. They working hard on it
5 Apr 2015, 08:51 AM

The problem was, and is the stupid FHQ. I mean, instant FHQ in neutral territory? What the fuck.
5 Apr 2015, 09:10 AM

Forward HQ gives bonuses to units. You can't even establish what was the problem in the first place yet you come shouting to the balance forum.
5 Apr 2015, 09:20 AM

Stopped reading at "It's a 4v4 game".

Judging by the title, its a thread complaining that people blob in blobfest mode, right?
Neo
5 Apr 2015, 09:39 AM

Judging by the title, its a thread complaining that people blob in blobfest mode, right?

This would be a valid point if people didn't blob in every game mode, including 1v1.

USF/SOV/OKW blobs are still as prevalent as before. Indeed, with the advent of Dank Hunters, cons are now able to blob even more.

OKW still blobs, the blob is just a little weaker than it used to be.

Without a + in received damage/accuracy for blobbed units I fear this game will never overcome the blob meta.
5 Apr 2015, 10:04 AM
Patrion 14

5 Apr 2015, 10:07 AM

Permanently Banned
4v4 is land of cheese

u done got cheesed

cheese back

on topic: ptrs is op
5 Apr 2015, 11:49 AM

Yeah the problem in the first place is the FHQ. The FHQ makes PTRS spams more terrable and effective. You always need to check out the soviet oppent 's commanders before the match to make sure he doesn't bring a FHQ commander.

As I said before,the FHQ should only be built on owned territory, pushing FHQ on enemy territory has always given the Allies a huge early advantage.
5 Apr 2015, 12:27 PM

I love FHQs. It means I just have to position some MGs around it and press incendiary barrage on the mortar HT once in a while. EZ wins.

That said the big "I win" building on Ettbruck or whatever the frack that's called and the church on Trois Points are stone and thus have insanely high HP and take two stuka barrages to kill, and the incendiary barrage won't set them on fire.

Which just goes to show that the whole FHQ thing is stupid and a bad design choice given that COH2 maps have far fewer territories to cap. FHQs were annoying but not batshit OP in vCOH because a) you could still hold significant territory while fighting an FHQ and b) no combat bonuses. It's another stupid COH2 cartoon game gimmick. I don't think they should be upgradable at all in neutral territory.

Just remember, it's a fun, casual RTS!
5 Apr 2015, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2015, 09:39 AMNeo

Without a + in received damage/accuracy for blobbed units I fear this game will never overcome the blob meta.

Yup.

I love FHQs. It means I just have to position some MGs around it and press incendiary barrage on the mortar HT once in a while. EZ wins.

That said the big "I win" building on Ettbruck or whatever the frack that's called and the church on Trois Points are stone and thus have insanely high HP and take two stuka barrages to kill, and the incendiary barrage won't set them on fire.

Which just goes to show that the whole FHQ thing is stupid and a bad design choice given that COH2 maps have far fewer territories to cap. FHQs were annoying but not batshit OP in vCOH because a) you could still hold significant territory while fighting an FHQ and b) no combat bonuses. It's another stupid COH2 cartoon game gimmick. I don't think they should be upgradable at all in neutral territory.

Just remember, it's a fun, casual RTS!

and c) you were only able to make a FHQ on owned, connected territory.
5 Apr 2015, 18:54 PM

People always seem to yell about connecting territory as if it's somehow hard in 4v4's.

Take Ettelbruck. You can stick a squad right into the building you want, have your and your ally back cap all points between yourself and it with the first squads to arrive, and the building will keep your engineers alive long enough to pop it as soon as you hit 60 fuel as usual.

It may change the exact building you pick in some instances, but pushing your enemy off their fuel is massive anyway. One player loses 60 fuel, but the enemy team loses 20 per minute between them if not more. So long as you only have to swap house every 4 minutes or so you're onto a winner, will horribly out tech your opponent and win with ease.

Teamwork and good play provided, of course. By the time you get to 3cp for the mortar halftracks it should be a done deal.
7 Apr 2015, 13:49 PM

People always seem to yell about connecting territory as if it's somehow hard in 4v4's.

Take Ettelbruck. You can stick a squad right into the building you want, have your and your ally back cap all points between yourself and it with the first squads to arrive, and the building will keep your engineers alive long enough to pop it as soon as you hit 60 fuel as usual.

It may change the exact building you pick in some instances, but pushing your enemy off their fuel is massive anyway. One player loses 60 fuel, but the enemy team loses 20 per minute between them if not more. So long as you only have to swap house every 4 minutes or so you're onto a winner, will horribly out tech your opponent and win with ease.

Teamwork and good play provided, of course. By the time you get to 3cp for the mortar halftracks it should be a done deal.

Absolutely yes. Pushing the enemy off their fuel point is always a huge advantage for allies...The game will end in 15 min and no fuel no tanks no Walking stuka. And quickly T34s and Katyushas destroy the german army.
7 Apr 2015, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2015, 06:34 AMatouba

Katitof PLS SHUT UP. This guy always protects soviet without thinking:D

I thought there are only the Japanese still fighting as Axis at the far east. Berlin had fallen, why still fighting against the inevitable? :)
7 Apr 2015, 17:45 PM

normaly six. They working hard on it

lol
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment