Login

russian armor

Dead units giving line of sight after they have "died"

4 Apr 2015, 09:54 AM

Hello,

I noticed a 120mm mortar shooting at units he could have no way of seeing. Replay shows the corpses of some conscripts who had crawled away and then died gave line of sight long after they had perished.

[replay]http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes2/replays.php?game=83&show=details&id=302303[/replay]
4 Apr 2015, 10:14 AM
Patrion 14

I had the same problem too. A conscript, who died, gave the whole game line of sight.
4 Apr 2015, 10:16 AM

I had the same problem too. A conscript, who died, gave the whole game line of sight.

Same here. I had a dead conscript give me LoS on my flank for a whole game. Who needs an IR halfrack when the dead can scout just as well?
4 Apr 2015, 10:18 AM

Shoot them.
4 Apr 2015, 10:19 AM

Shoot them.

I believe they were dead, not crawling.
4 Apr 2015, 10:27 AM
4 Apr 2015, 10:34 AM

@dasheepeh, Axis is correct, these are dead units who have crawled out and then died, but remain giving LoS for a significant amount of time. Perhaps watching the replay would enlighten you.

Another thing I noticed in this match was right when the sniper dies, the 120mm has multiple shots in the air at the same time.

@G4nd4lf, that is hilarious. Looks like he's doing the macarena.
4 Apr 2015, 10:48 AM

Why fix after a half year? Because its fun for relic just making some shitty changes :D
4 Apr 2015, 10:54 AM

now i always shoot them, had some games where one crawling cons gave a lot LoS for me
4 Apr 2015, 11:04 AM

Truesight is bugged in many situations, but thats for sure the ugliest bug.

4 Apr 2015, 12:25 PM

It's in the game since months, feels like a feature already.
4 Apr 2015, 17:22 PM

From the responses it appears to be only conscripts that provide this ghost recon, has anyone seen this from other units or factions?

now i always shoot them, had some games where one crawling cons gave a lot LoS for me

So killing the unit removes the sightlines in spite of this?
4 Apr 2015, 17:39 PM

From the responses it appears to be only conscripts that provide this ghost recon, has anyone seen this from other units or factions?

not sure but i still enjoy killing wounded guys :snfBarton:
4 Apr 2015, 17:48 PM

I believe I've seen post patch some LOS spots which shouldn't be there as there were no crawling casualties and they persisted for extended time.
4 Apr 2015, 18:06 PM
Patrion 14

I had it happen with grens (unkillable and providing los for the rest of the game). Also look at the video link G4bb4_G4nd4lf posted and you'll see that fusiliers can do it as well. Might be that if the model trying to snare (at nade, faust) gets killed at a specific point the bug happens.

As for the normal unit dying and turning into a wounded entity that is a game mechanic that was part of the game since coh1. It's certainly not exclusive to conscripts. Every shot unit has a chance to turn into a wounded entity which will provide los for a certain amount of time. Focussing that unit will stop it.
13 Apr 2015, 19:37 PM

After some more time looking into this, I've noticed these units can still be targeted and killed after they stop moving.

I've also noticed crawling grens not providing LoS at all in some of my games, so it seems dead units and LoS are just completely unpredictable and unreliable.
13 Apr 2015, 22:09 PM

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

I was bored and made the tutorial and in the tutorial they say to kill crawling soldiers because they give LoS to the enemy.

You can try the tutorial and see yourself if you want.
13 Apr 2015, 22:16 PM

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

I was bored and made the tutorial and in the tutorial they say to kill crawling soldiers because they give LoS to the enemy.

You can try the tutorial and see yourself if you want.

This is not what this topic is about. It is well known that wounded soldiers provide LOS. However, there is a bug where they will provide line of sight throughout the entire game. These soldiers have already stopped moving and can no longer be targeted, but their models remain on the field and provide LOS because they are bugged.
13 Apr 2015, 22:17 PM

Double post Yay!
14 Apr 2015, 01:44 AM
Patrion 14

I've noticed that you can execute some soldiers that aren't moving. I'm assuming that this is the cause of the vision bug.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★