Login

russian armor

leIG supression

3 Apr 2015, 13:49 PM

How does the suppression work? I used it in a game now and even though I had multiple hits on enemy squads, most of the time it didn't suppress them at all, only sometimes. Even if it suppresses the value of this seemed limited unless you have something shooting at them continuously to keep them supressed, as it only lasts for a short time (not enough to keep them supressed with continuous leIG fire).
3 Apr 2015, 13:57 PM

It suppresses on a hit, and pins on a direct hit. The suppression is indeed short and hardly makes a difference when barraging random target. However, during infantry engagements the suppression gets broken later because of small arms fire. This makes the leIG a pretty good infantry support weapon now.
3 Apr 2015, 14:00 PM

It suppresses on a hit, and pins on a direct hit. The suppression is indeed short and hardly makes a difference when barraging random target. However, during infantry engagements the suppression gets broken later because of small arms fire. This makes the leIG a pretty good infantry support weapon now.

Pretty much this

It's not a tool to keep a squad pinned, it just makes them hit the floor.

If you get pinned in a firefight, though, it can last an age unless you're in green cover. Infantry support weapon doing its job fine.
3 Apr 2015, 14:32 PM

Can you elaborate what you mean with hit / direct hit? For example I was shooting at a capping Conscript squad, first hit took down 1 member, second another, but the Conscript squad didn't get suppressed.
3 Apr 2015, 15:01 PM

Compared to mortars it´s still too inaccurate,too expensive and has too little effect to discourage blobbing.

Depending on how much goats you sacrifice to the rng-god it can be good here and there but not realy worth to be build.

If anyone could upload a replay that shows how good this thing can be and what it does better then a much cheaper mg or a stolen mortar i would realy like to see that... So far I´ve tried to get this thing doing something good, but to me it´s not worth it.
3 Apr 2015, 16:34 PM
Patrion 28

it's more like "lol, sudden suppression" then anything reliable.
3 Apr 2015, 17:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Good when you are mid combat, since you can keep supressed/pin other units with small arm fire.
3 Apr 2015, 21:01 PM

the leig is better then the pack howitzer cuz of the suppression. I think they should make the pack howitzer have a little longer suppression then the leig since its more costly andless accuracy
3 Apr 2015, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 14:32 PMgokkel

Can you elaborate what you mean with hit / direct hit? For example I was shooting at a capping Conscript squad, first hit took down 1 member, second another, but the Conscript squad didn't get suppressed.

That is strange. Might have been a bug perhaps? I've used it in 5 games now and it has worked like this:

Shots lands near enough to cause some damage -> Supression.
Shots lands directly on a model, killing it even when at full health -> Pinned.
Killing wounded models with splash damage -> Supression.

I'm not sure if cover bonuses are calculated too with the leIG. If it does, I suppose units in green cover may avoid suppression on non-direct hits. I have to do some more testing with it to be sure.

3 Apr 2015, 23:08 PM

I wish the suppression lasted longer. I pinned 6 squads in one go, up against a wall, wanted to panther crush them, as it got close they all got up.

3 Apr 2015, 23:42 PM

That is strange. Might have been a bug perhaps? I've used it in 5 games now and it has worked like this:

Shots lands near enough to cause some damage -> Supression.
Shots lands directly on a model, killing it even when at full health -> Pinned.
Killing wounded models with splash damage -> Supression.

I'm not sure if cover bonuses are calculated too with the leIG. If it does, I suppose units in green cover may avoid suppression on non-direct hits. I have to do some more testing with it to be sure.

I will watch the replay tomorrow just to be sure and then tell what happened, going to sleep for now.
3 Apr 2015, 23:49 PM

friendly reminder to everyone to consider infantry gun and pack howitzer as very long range AT guns when positioning them. they perform best when shooting directly at their targets rather than over shot blockers. dont think of them as mortars, theyre quite different. also the IG is also a really really soft 120mm counter. use attack ground to target 120mm squads and you can suppress and kill models. suppressed squads have their cooldown increased by like infinity so itll effectivey make the 120mm combat ineffective
4 Apr 2015, 00:36 AM

too bad that the 120mm doesn't have any cooldown...
4 Apr 2015, 03:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

too bad that the 120mm doesn't have any cooldown...

This is true, but suppressing also does reduce reload speed (multiplies it by 4), so I think suppressing actually should reduce the 120mm's fire-rate by a ton.
4 Apr 2015, 09:46 AM

Well I watched my replay nearly completely today and I cannot find any pattern in the suppression being applied. "Near-hits" on a squad nearly never seemed to supress, only in very rare cases. Direct hits (at least one squad member killed) most of the time didn't supress either, but sometimes they did, at least more often than on near-hits. Only once did a direct hit immediately pin down a squad.

Cover didn't seem to play a big role, most of the shots were in the open, sometimes maybe yellow cover from previous shell crates.
4 Apr 2015, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 03:03 AMVuther

This is true, but suppressing also does reduce reload speed (multiplies it by 4), so I think suppressing actually should reduce the 120mm's fire-rate by a ton.

cool didn't know that. thanks for the hint!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 29
Germany 744
unknown 21
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L