Login

russian armor

Jacksons are now utterly ridiculous!

2 Apr 2015, 18:03 PM
Donator 11

seriously? .-.
This has been around since the beginning of coh.
Just retreat and if you can faust it...if you look all bunched up and crushable...if someone waltzes an M10 into your base without it being fausted,hitting a mine, or being snared at all you deserve to be crushed.

If you quit Coh2 because of something thats basically your own mistake or ignorance of vehicle crushing.... "you werent paying attention" you werent paying attention to a TANK chasing your giant mass retreat blob of men to your base?
Really? I know players are used to just ignoring the M10 like its a piece of paper trash,but yeah,it can crush blobs and mass retreaters in a big +100 XP lolfest.

If youre as casual as you say you are this of all things wouldnt even bother you,it would be funny.

EDIT looks like you were playing OKW,did a mass retreat and got rekt'. Even with the base flak cutting through the M10. FailFish

Exactly what I wanted to say. +1
2 Apr 2015, 18:03 PM

that "weird" ability, being imo, the allies best counter to blobbed infantry. sucks that the OKW have no crit units that can faust etc. but, this is what you deal with, with players that can micro, sorry to say.
2 Apr 2015, 18:09 PM

seriously? .-.
This has been around since the beginning of coh.
Just retreat and if you can faust it...if you look all bunched up and crushable...if someone waltzes an M10 into your base without it being fausted,hitting a mine, or being snared at all you deserve to be crushed.

If you quit Coh2 because of something thats basically your own mistake or ignorance of vehicle crushing.... "you werent paying attention" you werent paying attention to a TANK chasing your giant mass retreat blob of men to your base?
Really? I know players are used to just ignoring the M10 like its a piece of paper trash,but yeah,it can crush blobs and mass retreaters in a big +100 XP lolfest.

If youre as casual as you say you are this of all things wouldnt even bother you,it would be funny.

EDIT looks like you were playing OKW,did a mass retreat and got rekt'. Even with the base flak cutting through the M10. FailFish

Oh wow go please go on with the hate train.

I said semi casual and you make it sound like I'm derping around 1hour/week not knowing what to do.

Honestly - I retreated my infantry NOT due to the tank, but because they were pinned. I look away on somewhere else on the map and when I except my infantry to be back in the base and I want to heal I see 7/9 squads laying on the ground comepletely crushed.

And again I've played plenty of CoH and I am perfectly aware of medium tanks being able to drive over infantry units, I've just never seen it this exaggerated.

Also about the faust: I've tried countless of times during that specific game where the panzer fusiliers' anti tank grenade would either do absolutelt nothing or they would get pushed around and not throw it.

2 Apr 2015, 18:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I said semi casual and you make it sound like I'm derping around 1hour/week not knowing what to do.

Honestly - I retreated my infantry NOT due to the tank, but because they were pinned. I look away on somewhere else on the map and when I except my infantry to be back in the base and I want to heal I see 7/9 squads laying on the ground comepletely crushed.

And again I've played plenty of CoH and I am perfectly aware of medium tanks being able to drive over infantry units, I've just never seen it this exaggerated.

Also about the faust: I've tried countless of times during that specific game where the panzer fusiliers' anti tank grenade would either do absolutelt nothing or they would get pushed around and not throw it.

analyzing your screenshot i also notice a vet 2 JP4 that wouldve murdered the all the M10s...

So you had 7 infantry squads pinned at once,retreat all of them,then when a speedy tank come flying into your base to run all your men over,you get angry,as "semi casual" as you are,and make a thread about it here? Then you want to act like us calling you a noob and "hating" isnt unwarranted...come on

Guess what...that was extremely naive of you to do what you did.. and you put it on this internet forum thats loaded with trolls(like me :D)for all of us to see and judge.(not even in the "Help me" section.) Hell do a google search on M10 running over my men,or a forum search before making a silly "OP" thread next time,and youll get a better response..usually
2 Apr 2015, 18:15 PM
Patrion 15

You have to look at it from both sides. If you had your infantry spaced out about the map and the M10 was going from point to point crushing your squads one after the other then yes, it'd be broken as hell.

In your screens you've mass retreated pretty much your entire army, your army that is 80% infantry. That's *terrible* play on both a tactical and strategic level, and you've been punished for it. Not even unfairly punished. The focus of this patch has been to discourage blobbing and encourage combined arms - adapt. Any tank could have done this as the conditions are so good, and M10 doesn't come early, it has no armour, and to get there it has had to cross the entire map.

Also be glad you're not in vCoH, as your opponent would have popped an ability that replaced it for free on its death. My top tip for vehicle crushing - fire sherman smoke on top of the blob, then charge into it. They won't fire any shreks at you and you can put your tank on attack ground whilst crushing in the smoke with impunity.
2 Apr 2015, 18:20 PM

I love to use propaganda or incendiary to force okw blob to retreat and then just drive with T34 when units are clumped next to truck. Pure kreygasm.
2 Apr 2015, 18:23 PM
Patrion 310

Here is the video I was looking for :)

http://www.twitch.tv/vonivan/c/4787107

Complete with rage quit
2 Apr 2015, 18:25 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 18:15 PMUS3K
My top tip for vehicle crushing - fire sherman smoke on top of the blob, then charge into it. They won't fire any shreks at you and you can put your tank on attack ground whilst crushing in the smoke with impunity.

Thats basically the reason why sherman has to stop before firing smoke.

Also I think that one fits here perfectly Kappa
2 Apr 2015, 18:35 PM

God, this is so laughable. Ok first off you retreated your ENTIRE army at once, for what reason was this? Let me guess you blobbed them up and they got pinned. Here's an idea, don't blob your infantry use some tactics or strategy, crazy concept I know. You were looking somewhere else on the map, that's fine we all do this.

But here's a hint, you're infantry will talk to you whenever something happens, when they see a tan, see infantry, a sniper, when they see a grenade coming. So unless you play with your sound muted or you are deaf you can listen for these ques. Also when they do give you a que or they see something it will be an ALERT on your left side of the screen and you can scan over to there or press SPACE bar and instant view the area.

There is nothing exaggerated about a tank driving over and crushing 30 individual soldiers blobbed together, in fact because so many of them were blobbed together just made it more likely to be destroyed.
2 Apr 2015, 18:52 PM

Honestly, guys. I don't care which faction that can do this. I don't care about the ridiculous panther gif lol.

It's fair that tanks can run over infantry model(s) I just don't see the reason for actual squad whiping tanks like I experienced today or as other's have linked to. I don't care if you consider me the biggest asshat in the universe for letting a M10 having its launch break in my base or whatever.

It's obvious that a tank should be able to run over a model here and there, but removing entire units in mere seconds is ridiculous.Especially considering how Squad wiping abilities goes against Relic's "fundamental design of unit preservation".

BUT, I'm sorry for having stirred your little pond. I made the thread title before checking if it was an actual Jackson, why? Because I might see a M10 in 1 every 20 games and they're identical to the Jackson so I figured there might've been some weird bug going on due to the latest patch. Unreasonable? In my opinion not, but I guess I'm wrong.

Maybe I should watch some more streams or propogandacast because this is apparently as normal as daylight. I find it absurd, but now I know after 340 hours of CoH2 lol (EDIT* to clarify I know tanks can run over, I've just never seen it this exaggerated).

Now, as you were. Enough trolling me, find someone else to entertain you :D

I'll L2P some more and get over it.
2 Apr 2015, 19:07 PM

If you see a panther coming towards you with blitz. You retreat. Problem solved. These threads are getting overpowerly ridiculous.
2 Apr 2015, 19:14 PM
Patrion 27

I'm so glad you included the two screenshots so players could tell you how flawed your army composition, mass retreating, positioning (JagdPanzer alone in the woods?) etc are.

NEXT TIME you know what to expect and can be prepared instead of starting a hissy fit thread.
2 Apr 2015, 19:25 PM

It's obvious that a tank should be able to run over a model here and there, but removing entire units in mere seconds is ridiculous.Especially considering how Squad wiping abilities goes against Relic's "fundamental design of unit preservation".

1. Lots of things can wipe units instantly:
-demo charge
-ice
-destroyed houses
-pretty much any explosive shell, nade
-teller mines, m20 mines, soviet mines sometimes
-exiting vehicles by mistake and retreating their crew :facepalm:
-and vehicle crush

2. The "fundamental design of unit preservation" holds true as long as there is some reasonably effective counterplay available.
Eg. demos can be detected, ice can be avoided, houses can be vacated, and tanks can be dodged, shot at, slowed down, etc.
2 Apr 2015, 20:30 PM

@OP
Wow, big, heavy armoured vehicles shouldn't be allowed to crush infantry?
Don't blob, invest in micro,
This should fix all of your problems.
2 Apr 2015, 20:58 PM
Donator 11

Thats basically the reason why sherman has to stop before firing smoke.

Also I think that one fits here perfectly Kappa

Jesus Christ I have not seen that before! that's halarious lmao
2 Apr 2015, 21:26 PM

Honestly, guys. I don't care which faction that can do this. I don't care about the ridiculous panther gif lol.

It's fair that tanks can run over infantry model(s) I just don't see the reason for actual squad whiping tanks like I experienced today or as other's have linked to. I don't care if you consider me the biggest asshat in the universe for letting a M10 having its launch break in my base or whatever.

"It's fair that infantry can be run over by tanks but I had all my infantry pinned between a tank and an immovable object and now I am upset.

Please somehow make the game function in a way that running troops over is fine but only when they're not mine blobbed up next to my base"

Seems legit, carry on.
2 Apr 2015, 21:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

There wouldn't be any unit preservation without the possibility to lose squads. This was not some ability on one unit, this was something every medium tank can do.
2 Apr 2015, 23:56 PM

Vid or it didn't happen.
3 Apr 2015, 00:05 AM

The M10 was the best lawnmower in vCoH, bar none. See that zombie Gren blob? What blob?

Guess which vehicle is the consumate lawnmower in CoH2? Go ahead, guess. Make my day.

Then, once you've done that, congratulate the guy who had the microing ability, and the balls, to chase down and crush your entire a-move blob since you couldn't be arsed to lay down any mines, have any AT present, or to even pay enough attention to realize that said vehicle was even chasing your blob.
3 Apr 2015, 00:35 AM

You made a series of small-to-middling sized mistakes against an opponent who punished you, and RNGesus frowned upon you. This is how the game should work. Next time you should stagger your retreats or unblob at your medical base ASAP. (Or protect w/mines. Or avoid getting mass-suppressed in the first place.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 16
Germany 4
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak