Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
26 Apr 2015, 19:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol I guess the rest of the world should just incorporate anti-tank rifles over lmgs then. I mean lmgs aren't actually good weapons if an anti-tank rifle is as good as an mg42 + it can snipe light vehicles. Makes total sense hurr hurr./ I could be rank 1 in every gamemode and you guys would still claim stupid shit like this isn't overperforming. Fuck off.
26 Apr 2015, 19:29 PM

Lol I guess the rest of the world should just incorporate anti-tank rifles over lmgs then. I mean lmgs aren't actually good weapons if an anti-tank rifle is as good as an mg42 + it can snipe light vehicles. Makes total sense hurr hurr./

Dude DPS wise it's almost the same as a single gren k98k. Because PTRS is a ballistic weapon and "missed shots" can still sometimes scatter into other models its a bit higher than that, and that makes it 100% accurate againts blobs (good job relic OpieOP).

PTRS is OP right now, but people here seem to think its the most gamebreaking thing ever. It's not, and it can be countered with the correct type of play.
26 Apr 2015, 19:37 PM

Actually, PTRS shots can't scatter into hitting another infantry entity.
In fact, no ballistic weapon can, scatter hits happen by hitting big target(vehicle) or by AoE(infantry).
26 Apr 2015, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 19:37 PMKatitof
In face, no ballistic weapon can, scatter hits happen by hitting big target(vehicle) or by AoE(infantry).

Oh, wow, didin't know that. Are you sure about this though?
26 Apr 2015, 19:39 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 19:29 PMBurts

Dude DPS wise it's almost the same as a single gren k98k. Because PTRS is a ballistic weapon and "missed shots" can still sometimes scatter into other models its a bit higher than that, and that makes it 100% accurate againts blobs (good job relic OpieOP).

PTRS is OP right now, but people here seem to think its the most gamebreaking thing ever. It's not, and it can be countered with the correct type of play.

I'm not saying its super OP, but its definitely OP and stupid in terms of effectiveness. Dps doesn't mean shit for a weapon like this. Doing an alpha strike of 40 damage regularly just deletes models, and probably the best small arms weapon to kill retreating infantry. Ptrs shit scares away supporting light vehicles and damages crew weapons giving it overall more effectiveness and utility than an lmg, plus it has 40 range, so as long as you spot they can perform pot shots at squads that can't fire back. The amount of utility an anti-tank rifle possesses in this patch is stupid just for the sole fact it keeps its anti-vehicle role with the same effectiveness as a machien gun. If I could I'd take 2 ptrs rifles for grenadiers over an lmg42 any day. Just another reason why I only play soviets now.
26 Apr 2015, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 19:38 PMBurts

I'm about 97% sure.
You can ask Cruzz for certainty.
26 Apr 2015, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 20:17 PMKatitof

I'm about 97% sure.
You can ask Cruzz for certainty.

Too bad Cruzz is ignoring me OpieOP
27 Apr 2015, 01:28 AM

You could remove the T̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶H̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ Light Vehicle Hunter commander and I wouldn't care. It was garbage before and now it's a stupid 1v1 gimmick commander.
27 Apr 2015, 04:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 19:37 PMKatitof
In fact, no ballistic weapon can, scatter hits happen by hitting big target(vehicle) or by AoE(infantry).

It can scatter into a crew weapon, which is why it's so good versus them. You already have a very high chance to hit the enemy crew due to the 25% more received accuracy, and then on top of that if you miss the crew you can still scatter and hit the very large object the crew is manning.
27 Apr 2015, 04:54 AM

I noticed simple thing[.] The kids that are cryng about SOV buff, are those who [were] keen to stand in [the] open/set up HMGs in open and they were winning easy before[.] Now they need to use cover... [which] is waaaaay to hard for them.

It's actually beneficial to place your weapons teams in the open due to the way squad members bunch up in cover. This makes them especially vulnerable to grenades and molotovs, the damage reduction bonus' in heavy cover and reduced acc in medium cover aren't worth it.
27 Apr 2015, 05:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 01:28 AMArclyte
You could remove the T̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶H̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ Light Vehicle Hunter commander and I wouldn't care. It was garbage before and now it's a stupid 1v1 gimmick commander.

Yea the AT bombing run is not powerful at all, and RPGs versus OKW because they definitely don't kill FLAKHT and PUMA with ease. I'm not saying they're OP at all, those other abilities are fine specially versus OKW.
27 Apr 2015, 05:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 01:28 AMArclyte

Yea the AT bombing run is not powerful at all.

Are you kidding me, the salvage is incredibly good and the anti tank bombing run shreds tanks AND infantry.
27 Apr 2015, 05:07 AM

it's pretty good at killing HQ trucks, that's about it

It takes forever to land unless you're on the map edge
27 Apr 2015, 05:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 05:07 AMArclyte
it's pretty good at killing HQ trucks, that's about it

It takes forever to land unless you're on the map edge

It comes in as fast as any of the bombing runs, and most of the maps are small enough were it hits pretty fast.

It hits over a MASSIVE zone to, for how much it costs it's really, really good. Salvage is also borderline broken.
27 Apr 2015, 06:41 AM

Are you kidding me, the salvage is incredibly good and the anti tank bombing run shreds tanks AND infantry.

I was being sarcastic.
27 Apr 2015, 13:46 PM

Salvage:
* The salvage amounts reported on the Tank Hunter guide are massively too high. The actual amounts you recieve are a lot lower (of course everyone knows this they dont just trust what some dude writes in a guide before ranting yes?)
* You cannot salavage things the okw salvage kits allow such as hq trucks.
* Wrecks just fall apart sometimes if you do not get over to them quick enough.
* Cost 100 ammo a kit! Some games you may not even get that back off salvage.

Anti-tank grenade salvo:
* Very poor. 25 ammo a pop, you often end up throwing 3 or 4 at grenades and 3 or 4 salvos of these a a tank to pop it for 200 ammo. Requires hoorahing behind reversing engine damaged tanks to get the rear shots in. Big delay between launching and Requires standing statinary whilst lobbing them. Can work if you have 4 conscript squads against a lone tank without any support. One of its only uses is against flack half tracks which go boom boom fast with a hoorah, at gren, and at salvo. These really need looking at and buffing.

Anti Tank Bombing Run:
* Can be nice. Very good finishing slightly damaged okw hq buildings and static emplacements. Blobs just move out of the smoke, very rarely catch infantry with it. Flame drop much better to get retreating infantry and the like. Can hit tanks from behind but they must be engine crit and already lost hp. Crew stunning can give you the few seconds needed to kill with your AT. Schwever trucks and the like shoot these down fairly regulaly. Expensive at 180 ammo.

PTRS:
* Good. Take an age to aim, miss often, but give your scripts a chance against the Axis blob balls. Very poor against tanks. 5 or 6 squads can kill a hq building given time. Not sure why the soviet "at" weapons is so bad at shooting tanks. Would swap for shreks in a heartbeat (please relic give some soviet AT infantry weapon PLEASEEE!!!). Vapourising of team weapons is silly!

PMD-6m Mine:
* Love these, Cheap, quick to place, go some way to stopping the axis panther forays - POP FORWARD, SHOOT, BACK WE GO, TEN SECOND REP routine. Must be remember they dont actualy do any damage though.

A fun doctrine, but a misleading name for it.

3 May 2015, 20:11 PM

It's actually beneficial to place your weapons teams in the open due to the way squad members bunch up in cover. This makes them especially vulnerable to grenades and molotovs, the damage reduction bonus' in heavy cover and reduced acc in medium cover aren't worth it.

Yup, I hope axis player will still do that, its so beneficial... mostly for allies.
When gunner gets knocked out, it really simple to finish MG, and that will happen fast in the open.
3 May 2015, 20:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yup, I hope axis player will still do that, its so beneficial... mostly for allies.
When gunner gets knocked out, it really simple to finish MG, and that will happen fast in the open.

You and I both know the gunner will be fucked against blobs if the blobs ever get in range, so I can agree with his point - it may be better to set up spread out of cover and hoping they'll stay out of range entirely instead of letting every Precision Shot and grenade wipe them.
3 May 2015, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 19:38 PMBurts

It can scatter into a crew weapon, which is why it's so good versus them. You already have a very high chance to hit the enemy crew due to the 25% more received accuracy, and then on top of that if you miss the crew you can still scatter and hit the very large object the crew is manning.

how often do you see PTRS killing infantry and support weapon before this patch? if it was possible for PTRS to scatter into infantry, it would have been noticeable in the past two years since coh2 released. The only thing raised on the PTRS was its accuracy.

PTRS is killing support weapons because the higher accuracy and high support weapon size messed up the priority targeting code and the suppression penalty
17 May 2015, 13:29 PM

Hehe, cons with PTRSs should be renamed to 'Oberconscripten' and their description should be simply "snipin like a boss".
Really Relic, why can't you ever release a balance patch without overextending in at least one area?
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS