Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
10 Apr 2015, 08:44 AM

The ->CONSCRIPT<- PTRS anti tank rifle from the tank hunter doctrin is ultra OP i can not find any words for it. The PTRS is giving fuks to all 2-3 hits and MG,At guns etc, just poffs into nothing the entire unit is dead becaus they kill he weapon itself with just some shots.

Im so damn frustrated after this patch... i don´t have to describe how much things are still in a bad shape etc. bla bla.

Replay here http://www.coh2.org/replay/32882/ptrs-conscripts-do-oneshot

Edit, here a Video example with absolut no skill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Dfjl_kGEI

So you're saying that you expected 1 squad to stay alive against 5...Why don't you focus your 'interest in balance' on single squads that can kill an mg? Like obersoldaten or rifle grenades.
10 Apr 2015, 09:17 AM

Panzershreck is no different on volks or pgrens.
Bazooka is exactly the same on paratroopers, rifles and RETs.
Not really a single reason why PTRS should be any different here.

actually RET get a penalty to their weapon. BAR, M1919, bazooka, etc are all worse when used by RET
10 Apr 2015, 10:44 AM

actually RET get a penalty to their weapon. BAR, M1919, bazooka, etc are all worse when used by RET

True for BARs an M1919s, but bazooka still does 80 dmg, still have 5s reload, still have same penetration.
AT weapons do not really have weapon prifles, which is penalizing factor for RETs and partisans/irregulars.
10 Apr 2015, 13:06 PM
Donator 11

Using Luftwaffe supply to drop in lots of munis and spamming incendiary barrage might be fun vs con blob.

More fun: force retreat with CAS strafing run and Grens nearby, time a Stuka bomb, gg.
(any smart player would spread them out though)
10 Apr 2015, 14:53 PM

Here's a tip for you OKW only players. Try to use Infantry gun against Cons spam. Suppression they added recently works wonders. Especially when you use MG with it as well.

Remember if Soviet player went PTRS commander the best he can get is SU-85. Pumas work wonders against SU-85. I shouldn't have said it but SU is practically hopeless against it. Latter get a Jagdpanzer or Panther and you're good.
10 Apr 2015, 14:56 PM
Donator 33

Remember if Soviet player went PTRS commander the best he can get is SU-85. Pumas work wonders against SU-85. I shouldn't have said it but SU is practically hopeless against it. Latter get a Jagdpanzer or Panther and you're good.

How exactly do you use Pumas vs SU-85s?

You have to flank which makes it vulnerable to almost everything on the field. One Cons squad near a SU-85 and your Puma can't do anything.
10 Apr 2015, 15:12 PM

I've done it plenty of times. With Puma's range and agility you don't really have to worry. Keep your distance, don't over extend and have your infantry close as well.
10 Apr 2015, 15:15 PM

I've done it plenty of times. With Puma's range and agility you don't really have to worry. Keep your distance, don't over extend and have your infantry close as well.

Making a light vehicle to fight a doctrine literally hand built to counter light vehicles :S

Your Puma won't be doing much since it only has 10 more range than a PTRS does.
10 Apr 2015, 15:22 PM
Donator 33

But Su-85s will bounce lots of shots and will outrange your Puma.

I can't imagine a Puma winning against a Su-85 by staying at range.
10 Apr 2015, 15:45 PM

I think just heavy Gren spam with air support from one of the two Luftwafe doctrines.

If he goes SU85, dont build any vehicles (could spam fuel > muni convert).

If he gets Katy, keep spread out, and mobile.

If he goes T70/T34, get paks, just make sure to shield with grens from the PTRS.
10 Apr 2015, 15:55 PM

Im just continuesly playing against guards and cons with PTRS, and it starts to get frustrating for me. Guards do so much demage to infantry they get vet 3 in just some minutes and killing (sniping) inf as hell.

Green cover with guards is such a hard thing, because they snipe you at all ranges and you just can do nothing, even with strog elite infantry like fallschirms you can not approach (before you near the squad is sniped and needs to retreat).

Yeah.... same thing. I not high level by any stretch but seeing my inf melt away (even with heavy cover that may or may not be there after a few shots) is tough. Not seeing any options in these discussions either.

I'd rather face the old Obers.
10 Apr 2015, 21:01 PM

Making a light vehicle to fight a doctrine literally hand built to counter light vehicles :S

Your Puma won't be doing much since it only has 10 more range than a PTRS does.

Play some 1v1 and see the potential of OKW units for yourself.
10 Apr 2015, 21:08 PM

Play some 1v1 and see the potential of OKW units for yourself.

I don't need to play 1v1 to know that armored cars don't counter PTRS's. You going to endorse people using SU-85's to counter Jadgtigers next?
10 Apr 2015, 23:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 10:44 AMKatitof

True for BARs an M1919s, but bazooka still does 80 dmg, still have 5s reload, still have same penetration.
AT weapons do not really have weapon prifles, which is penalizing factor for RETs and partisans/irregulars.

accuracy still matter for atw, admittedly not as much as damage and pen.
11 Apr 2015, 13:08 PM

I don't need to play 1v1 to know that armored cars don't counter PTRS's. You going to endorse people using SU-85's to counter Jadgtigers next?

Jadgtiger? That's silly cos SU-85 and Jadtiger are very similar units. One is bigger then the other and that's the whole difference.
Puma and SU-85 is different. Puma is fast and agile and have great range and good penetration. It's fairly easy to get Puma behind SU-85. I have done it on multiple occasions even in 2v2 games. When you do this SU-85 is dead because there is no way for it to shake Puma off. Obviously before you do all of this you have to use your army to create this opportunity but that's like playing a strategy game right? Force your opponent to overextend, lure him in stuff like this.
BTW no one was saying to counter PTRS with armoured cars. Puma suggestion was as a reference to this specific Soviet commander.

On the topic. Infantry support gun works wonders on Conscript blob now. I'd usually get a kubel early for its insane mobility and suppression. You can pick a doctrine with MG if you prefer. Ever tried to use OKW officer?
11 Apr 2015, 14:31 PM

What saddens me the most is that people are mindlessly spamming either conscripts or guards rifle now. Just played a 2v2 vs a blob of 6 conscripts with PTSR upgrade. It wasn't until late game he would actually get anything else (T34 lol).

Stuff like that isn't about being good. Since the patch I've meet countless players who've done nothing, but blobbing lol.
11 Apr 2015, 15:07 PM

I shall try some games with Partisans later, see what the PTRS Tank Hunters are like now

They should prove to be very weak infantry with a strong weapon. If not, let me know.
11 Apr 2015, 17:29 PM

Ever tried to use OKW officer?

This is a horrible idea, you know the power of the PTRS is model sniping right? Combine that with an Offizer and you will be getting forced retreated every five minutes. Every time an OKW player thinks it's a smart idea to blob up with one I just force retreat him over and over again.
11 Apr 2015, 17:30 PM

This is a horrible idea, you know the power of the PTRS is model sniping right? Combine that with an Offizer and you will be getting forced retreated every five minutes. Every time an OKW player thinks it's a smart idea to blob up with one I just force retreat him over and over again.

Ever tried to keep the officer at back? You know, like all the skilled officer users that actually know how to play the game do?

Its not like, I don't know, he needs to actually kill for amazing vet or something.
11 Apr 2015, 17:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I don't think ive ever seen a a skilled user use the sturm officer :D
PAGES (37)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %