Login

russian armor

Suppression: Pak Howie and ISG

1 Apr 2015, 07:43 AM

Permanently Banned
I really like the new innate suppression ability for the ISG okwokw and the Pak Howie usfusf. However there are a couple of problems with it:

1. Pins too quickly if it hits multiple enemy models.
2. Shots that come very close to a squad (but do minimal damage) do not suppress.

My Suggestion: 1. It would be nice if the shells didn't pin the enemy squad at all - why? It just seems silly that infantry would stay in one position while under indirect fire (until they are ordered to retreat). Another option would be to turn down the suppression value so if they do get pinned it would be after they've already been suppressed for some time. Moreover, imagine a fallshrimjaeger squad is attempting a frontal assault on a Pak howitzer - a lucky shell hits the squad, killing 2 models, just as they enter grenade-throw range - but they are pinned. Don't you think they should have some chance to continue to their objective?

2. Increase the suppression AoE slightly so that multiple squads can be forced to the ground if a shell explodes nearby (up to around 2 metres). It would make the light artillery a better blob counter but my first suggestion makes sure that it isn't too effective.

Note: I don't know the exact values of the suppression AoE and how fast the suppression is so this is just based on what I've experienced today - if you have these values - please let me know :)

Cheers

1 Apr 2015, 08:06 AM

I have to text it first, but from what you are saying, I think removing the pinning effect would be good. But I don't think increasing the AOE and reducing the suppression amount is a good idea. Because of their superior range they should not be able to suppress 2-3 squads at ones.

Haven't tried it yet, so I could be wrong.
1 Apr 2015, 08:13 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 08:06 AMRMMLz
I have to text it first, but from what you are saying, I think removing the pinning effect would be good. But I don't think increasing the AOE and reducing the suppression amount is a good idea. Because of their superior range they should not be able to suppress 2-3 squads at ones.

Haven't tried it yet, so I could be wrong.

Fair enough - Like I said, it'd be interesting to see the exact values in the game files. The problem was when a shell hit a volks grenadier squad it killed 4 of the models, it pinned that squad, but it also killed 1 model of another squad blobbed together, but the other squad didn't get suppressed at all. It'd be better if both got suppressed.
1 Apr 2015, 08:31 AM

... The problem was when a shell hit a volks grenadier squad it killed 4 of the models, it pinned that squad, but it also killed 1 model of another squad blobbed together, but the other squad didn't get suppressed at all. It'd be better if both got suppressed.

Wait... it still does that? holy shit then.
1 Apr 2015, 10:29 AM

Fair enough - Like I said, it'd be interesting to see the exact values in the game files. The problem was when a shell hit a volks grenadier squad it killed 4 of the models, it pinned that squad, but it also killed 1 model of another squad blobbed together, but the other squad didn't get suppressed at all. It'd be better if both got suppressed.

That is logical its based on aoe and to be honest i dont know how to improve this besides increasing its aoe which could make it very op very fast. still its not bad the suppression makes both units significantly better
1 Apr 2015, 12:32 PM

Finally they are useful and worth building. Kudos to the balance team. Blobbers gonna hate though.
1 Apr 2015, 13:36 PM

I really like the new innate suppression ability for the ISG okwokw and the Pak Howie usfusf. However there are a couple of problems with it:

1. Pins too quickly if it hits multiple enemy models.
2. Shots that come very close to a squad (but do minimal damage) do not suppress.

My Suggestion: 1. It would be nice if the shells didn't pin the enemy squad at all - why? It just seems silly that infantry would stay in one position while under indirect fire (until they are ordered to retreat). Another option would be to turn down the suppression value so if they do get pinned it would be after they've already been suppressed for some time. Moreover, imagine a fallshrimjaeger squad is attempting a frontal assault on a Pak howitzer - a lucky shell hits the squad, killing 2 models, just as they enter grenade-throw range - but they are pinned. Don't you think they should have some chance to continue to their objective?

Bastogne
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Australia 4
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak