Login

russian armor

New patch, new idea.

30 Mar 2015, 23:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Strictly speaking of how the jackson had gotten a 200 damage profile . It leads me to think that the is2 and tiger should also get the 200 damage profile to help differentiate them considering their gun size. Is2 in general with 160 damage does not seem fitting at all. Aside from the problems relating to call in spam or whether jackson is now OP. Do you think this is a good idea? If not could this perhaps be balanced if call ins were tied to t3 or t4? Not trying to be super historical, its just kind of silly looking.

Also with blitz nerf plz give tiger S-mine launcher...
http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page5
30 Mar 2015, 23:47 PM

Strictly speaking of how the jackson had gotten a 200 damage profile for a huge pen buff. It leads me to think that the is2 and tiger should also get the 200 damage profile to help differentiate them considering their gun size. Is2 in general with 160 damage does not seem fitting at all. Aside from the problems relating to call in spam or whether jackson is now OP. Do you think this is a good idea? If not could this perhaps be balanced if call ins were tied to t3 or t4?

Also with blitz nerf plz give tiger S-mine launcher...
http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page5

This would only make heavies more viable, regardless of ties to tech or not.
31 Mar 2015, 00:17 AM

Permanently Banned

This would only make heavies more viable, regardless of ties to tech or not.

Perhaps if every other medium/non doctrinal vehicle. Gets the appropriate buffs. Like t34/76 cost decrease, panzer4 slight pen increase.
31 Mar 2015, 01:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It would need "alot" of tweaks to make it work. We had already a high damage slow rof IS2 and it was consider bad at that point.
31 Mar 2015, 01:10 AM

Permanently Banned
It would need "alot" of tweaks to make it work. We had already a high damage slow rof IS2 and it was consider bad at that point.

I'm glad you brought that up. A long time ago the penetration for all units was capped at 170 for some reason. So this led to the is2 bouncing too frequently followed by a huge reload. But ever since the penetration value changes there no reason why a 9-10 second 240 damage with 33% damage upon deflection couldnt work, as well as the needed fixing of the is2s scatter. It would be more preferable to people like me. And for tiger to get 200 damage with perhaps its crew shock abilities toned down would make these units fit better.
31 Mar 2015, 01:28 AM

Permanently Banned
let the crying threads continue
Enjoy ur nurf
31 Mar 2015, 01:38 AM

Permanently Banned
let the crying threads continue
Enjoy ur nurf

real mature.
31 Mar 2015, 01:46 AM
Patrion 28

the other issue with long ass reloads is inaccuracy; anything with a long reload needs to have higher than normal accuracy, particularly at long range. entirely doable though.

i'm very weary of power creep on heavies; we already have many examples of them being too cost effective against mediums.
31 Mar 2015, 02:00 AM

Permanently Banned
the other issue with long ass reloads is inaccuracy; anything with a long reload needs to have higher than normal accuracy, particularly at long range. entirely doable though.

i'm very weary of power creep on heavies; we already have many examples of them being too cost effective against mediums.

As for accuracy, I'm not sure it would be a good idea, the is2s problem scatter definitely, but accuracy I don't think is necessary. Binding call ins to teching would surely take away them being cost effective right? I'm personally interested in making t34/76s cost 90 fuel and panzer4s getting 130 pen. But thats an entirely different matter.

For a change like this to be implemented it would require changes to the call in sytem as well as tweaking of the medium tanks.
31 Mar 2015, 02:04 AM
Patrion 28

part of the problem with the old IS-2 was that you waited 11 seconds for it fire and hit and then not pen. the other part of the problem was that you waited 11 seconds for it to fire and then it didn't even hit the tank. given that accuracy rolls before pen it's more important.
31 Mar 2015, 03:42 AM

As for accuracy, I'm not sure it would be a good idea, the is2s problem scatter definitely, but accuracy I don't think is necessary. Binding call ins to teching would surely take away them being cost effective right? I'm personally interested in making t34/76s cost 90 fuel and panzer4s getting 130 pen. But thats an entirely different matter.

For a change like this to be implemented it would require changes to the call in sytem as well as tweaking of the medium tanks.

maybe add a small amount of AOE to IS-2 shells that can even damage tanks in the event it misses? Also is historically accurate since its gun was a howitzer after all. Still would have to be careful though.
31 Mar 2015, 03:46 AM

I think buffing medium armor play is the way to go instead of Heavy armor buffs. I personally think COH2 franchise need to highlight medium armor play more instead of attractive/cost efficient heavies that perform really well.
31 Mar 2015, 03:51 AM

I think buffing medium armor play is the way to go instead of Heavy armor buffs. I personally think COH2 franchise need to highlight medium armor play more instead of attractive/cost efficient heavies that perform really well.

This is just a stealth way of asking for Allies buff, since Axis doesn't have any medium tanks to make more attractive.

Axis medium MBT's:

PIV

Allied MBT's:

T34/76
T34/85
Sherman M4C
Sherman Easy Eight
Sherman short barrel 75mm

Axis medium TD's:

JPIV

Allied medium TD's:

Jackson
M10
SU-85

Axis medium Assault Guns:
StuG Ausf E
StuG Ausf G

Allied medium Assault Guns:
SU-76
Sherman Dozer
31 Mar 2015, 04:09 AM

you left out the Panther alex. Also there arent really more medium Tank from Germany that are viable in the games setting.....
31 Mar 2015, 04:12 AM

you left out the Panther alex. Also there arent really more medium Tank from Germany that are viable in the games setting.....

In game the Panther isn't a medium tank. It costs almost as much as a heavy and has the same amount of armor.

There are a buttload of mediums not represented in game. The Panzer III, the various assault guns that were widely used.
31 Mar 2015, 04:20 AM

In game the Panther isn't a medium tank. It costs almost as much as a heavy and has the same amount of armor.

There are a buttload of mediums not represented in game. The Panzer III, the various assault guns that were widely used.

I wont argue the Panther because thats on relic

Panzer III wouldnt really be viable historically aside from being cheap and easily massed I guess, and I suppose one could fit the various assortment of Assault Guns used by Germany
31 Mar 2015, 04:24 AM

i think it is a good idea. however there would be criticism from players who get owned with the 240 damage, or players who complain that they want consistency over high damage + slow reload.
31 Mar 2015, 04:26 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 04:24 AMNinjaWJ
i think it is a good idea. however there would be criticism from players who get owned with the 240 damage, or players who complain that they want consistency over high damage + slow reload.
Then those players should build something else.
31 Mar 2015, 07:08 AM

Jackson is a PURE Tank Destroyer fitted only to deal with Tanks. Why would you make other heavies (that are good allpurpose tanks) better then a Pure tank Destroyer?
31 Mar 2015, 07:16 AM

Come on guys, at least wait ONE WEEK, then start criticizing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment