Login

russian armor

Its official!!! Napalm joins in the Relic Defense Force

31 Mar 2015, 13:18 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 00:02 AMNapalm

I was blaming Relic and the Alpha team. No concerns though. Things are a changing and the future is very bright. I'll have an announcement on that shortly.

you were sending some pretty abusive PMs to alpha members, Relic didn't really care about it though because part of the NDA we had to sign states that Relic have no obligation to help if you get abused by other players and also the NDA didnt let us talk about why certain changes were made so we could defend ourselves.

While Relic could have done the decent thing and made the alpha group private (i.e. no one could see who was in the group) they made it visible to the public so that every tom, dick and harry with an axe to grind could make a bee line to anyone in that group.

When we said we didnt appreciate the abuse we were getting their response was basically tough titties. I understand people get upset and want someone or something to blame but I didn't appreciate getting abuse for stuff I personally have no control over.
31 Mar 2015, 13:41 PM

you were sending some pretty abusive PMs to alpha members

I don't want to derail this thread but this is incorrect. If I hurt your feelings I do apologize though. Back in the day the Alpha group was highly suspicious. I still think it is shady, but via lobbying Relic now has a open Beta which should be used again shortly. A good balance of opinions I feel now.

As per the PM's thing I'm afraid you must have me confused with somebody else. The only member I exchanged messages with was on Steam and that was MilkaCow. My messages to him about the state of balance were heated, no doubt. There was numerious heated exchanges on the public forums though, but never PM's.

31 Mar 2015, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 13:41 PMNapalm

I don't want to derail this thread but this is incorrect. If I hurt your feelings I do apologize though. Back in the day the Alpha group was highly suspicious. I still think it is shady, but via lobbying Relic now has a open Beta which should be used again shortly. A good balance of opinions I feel now.

So you don't trust the private alpha group at all?
31 Mar 2015, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 13:41 PMNapalm

Back in the day the Alpha group was highly suspicious. I still think it is shady, but via lobbying Relic now has a open Beta which should be used again shortly. A good balance of opinions I feel now.

Ban them!
31 Mar 2015, 14:23 PM

So you don't trust the private alpha group at all?

Back in the day? No. Do I trust them now? Yes. I have a clearer picture as to what happens behind the curtains. :) Not all get to see this picture though and that is sad.

Edit: In Dusty I personally trust
31 Mar 2015, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 14:23 PMNapalm

Back in the day? No. Do I trust them now? Yes. I have a clearer picture as to what happens behind the curtains. :) Not all get to see this picture though and that is sad.

Edit: In Dusty I personally trust

So basically because you actually are part of the in group you don't hate the in group anymore? Well of course that makes sense.

Best advice I can give you is don't become a Stanley Woo, moderating official game forums is tricky business and if you are to pro-Relic people will crank up that internet hate machine faster than you can say "Ding Dong rine ends here"
31 Mar 2015, 15:54 PM

Best advice I can give you is don't become a Stanley Woo, moderating official game forums is tricky business and if you are to pro-Relic people will crank up that internet hate machine faster than you can say "Ding Dong rine ends here"

lol. I'm focusing on two things there. A) Name calling B) Constructive criticism. I'm not going to pull an Imperial Dane and nuke threads that I disagree with.
31 Mar 2015, 16:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

generally you want the moderator team to work as one front ;)
31 Mar 2015, 18:02 PM

There are three very good moderators there doing a great job. They set the bar high and show a lot of restraint. Seems like the banned members here end up there.

PS: My spoiler tag didn't work, updated my post up top.
31 Mar 2015, 19:13 PM

He seems a little inexperienced imo. Just going on some of the his posts regarding large team games and some of the ways hes voiced his discontent. If the powers to be think he is a good choice - then so be it and good luck.
31 Mar 2015, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 19:13 PMGdot
He seems a little inexperienced imo. Just going on some of the his posts regarding large team games and some of the ways hes voiced his discontent. If the powers to be think he is a good choice - then so be it and good luck.

+1
31 Mar 2015, 19:24 PM
31 Mar 2015, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 19:13 PMGdot

I fail to see why any of the things you say (whether true or not), have anything to do with the guy's ability to moderate a forum.

Good luck Napalm, I think you're going to need it. It looks like a largely thankless task.
1 Apr 2015, 04:19 AM

So basically because you actually are part of the in group you don't hate the in group anymore? Well of course that makes sense.

since papa bear won't say it.... Go fuck yourself Alex.

on topic...... i was the first bear on the official forums to get on that thread! Congrats or my condolences to Napalm, whichever the case may be.
1 Apr 2015, 04:21 AM

since papa bear won't say it.... Go fuck yourself Alex.

on topic...... i was the first bear on the official forums to get on that thread! Congrats or my condolences to Napalm, whichever the case may be.

It's not an insult to Napalm dude, he didn't like the before group, he likes the new group. I don't think he would agree to join a group he disliked no?

1 Apr 2015, 05:06 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Monsieur Alexzandvar, your statement about Napalm trusting the in-group that he is in is correct when analyzing it from a social psychology perspective. However, the tone you used - or, rather, the tone that came across - was rude, with a bit of malice and pompousness. However, in your reply to my close friend and fellow Bear, Glendizzle, your choice to end your statement with a rhetorical question directed to His Holiness, Keeper of the Honey, Pack Leader of all the Provinces of the Great Northern Nation, Stomper of Noobs, Father Christmas Bear, Defender of the Faith, Napalm is perhaps just shy of the pinnacle of internet fuckery.

As I sit here, at 12:58 am on a Tuesday night, I reflect on all of the forum posts of yours that I have read and I see so much of this passive-aggressive behavior in nearly every post. I find it distasteful and contributes negatively to the typically benign, friendly exchanges that occur every day.

As the sole representative of Bears in the sovereign state of Wisconsin, and as one of the three representatives from the glorious province of Onterrible, I hereby denounce you.

Good day, sir

-Pirate.

Also, Napalm, I am so incredibly happy for you. Salmon for everyone. (And you get a salmon, and you get a salmon, and you, and you. EVERYONE gets a salmon!)
1 Apr 2015, 05:20 AM

Monsieur Alexzandvar, your statement about Napalm trusting the in-group that he is in is correct when analyzing it from a social psychology perspective. However, the tone you used - or, rather, the tone that came across - was rude, with a bit of malice and pompousness. However, in your reply to my close friend and fellow Bear, Glendizzle, your choice to end your statement with a rhetorical question directed to His Holiness, Keeper of the Honey, Pack Leader of all the Provinces of the Great Northern Nation, Stomper of Noobs, Father Christmas Bear, Defender of the Faith, Napalm is perhaps just shy of the pinnacle of internet fuckery.

As I sit here, at 12:58 am on a Tuesday night, I reflect on all of the forum posts of yours that I have read and I see so much of this passive-aggressive behavior in nearly every post. I find it distasteful and contributes negatively to the typically benign, friendly exchanges that occur every day.

As the sole representative of Bears in the sovereign state of Wisconsin, and as one of the three representatives from the glorious province of Onterrible, I hereby denounce you.

Good day, sir

-Pirate.

Also, Napalm, I am so incredibly happy for you. Salmon for everyone. (And you get a salmon, and you get a salmon, and you, and you. EVERYONE gets a salmon!)

I did not intended malice, and I'm sorry if it came out like that. Internet moderation is a thankless job and Napalm is a pretty selfless dude to volunteer to do it.

The question I posed was rhetorical, because I tried to high light I was not trying to dis on Napalm, merely have a bit of a laugh at the fact Napalm is part of a group he was not happy with and it's a sign of the times changing.

IMO Me and the Bears have to much hate in between us, Iv never had an ill will towards TAB. Like many posters here I hope we can catch some games together to get to like each other. Me and Comm used to go back and forth but we we play a lot together now.
6 May 2015, 23:30 PM

I was blaming Relic and the Alpha team. No concerns though. Things are a changing and the future is very bright. I'll have an announcement on that shortly.

Oh mighty knower of all things that matter, give us the pleasure of conveying just 1/16th of how excited you are, and we shall be forever in your debt.

Open our eyes to the intricate plans and maps that only a select few illuminated ones have the knowledge of.
6 May 2015, 23:35 PM
Coder Red Badge

Narcissism is a hell of a drug.
7 May 2015, 10:00 AM

Things are a changing and the future is very bright. I'll have an announcement on that shortly.

Yay! Bright future for everyone! I'm excited! :banana:

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 08:20 AMStafkeh
Kreygasm I hope the days of "We are excited" bullshit is over!

:unsure:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS