Login

russian armor

Allied War Machine

nee
30 Mar 2015, 21:30 PM

Way I see it, the problem is not "we need an ability to get free tanks since the units suck" but rather making new/ existing units not suck in the first place. Besides armour, I think lack of scouting abilities is an issue for USF. It's that big a deal with Germans because frankly their tanks can take a few more hits, have more firepower to back them up, and doctrinal/ factional abilities to implement scouting; if anyone should have Artillery Flares it should be USF. It is much less difficult to find and chase a crippled Tiger if you know where it is, what's assisting it, and what units you need to finish it off. From a historical point of view, US tank destroyers were more practical when used on the defensive, they performed rather poorly when they had to advance against unknown enemy positions. To Relic's credit Shermans having horrific durability is rather accurate, but unlike reality, we got no up-armour options available, even Easy Eight is really just upgunning. It's no wonder people are so hurting for Jumbo and Pershing. AWM however doesn't address any of these, it just gives you a free unit that you just lost, little reason to expect the same outcome would not occur again, it's more of a combination Get Out of Jail Free card and Please Try Again lottery scratch.

If I were to redo USF units, it's that M20 has the Stuart's Vision Block ability, and instead of engine shot the Stuart can do recon things like shoot flares or toggle observer mode, or even a clone of Command Panther's Coordinate Fire, which itself is a ripoff of Soviets' Mark Vehicle. Even command tanks like a Command Sherman that boosts units' line of sight or rate of fire or something would do wonders.
Another idea is armour camouflage- there are both infantry and AT gun camouflage in CoH2, but currently no such ability for vehicles. 'd say this is remarkably simple: add the camouflage or even the Cautious Movement mechanics for USF tanks, and with the alpha strike bonus would provide a much better defensive gameplay.
30 Mar 2015, 21:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They already do! Those Boss Officer units! :megusta:

Captain would be pretty baller if Zookas weren't awful. Because of that however, he's meh.
30 Mar 2015, 21:56 PM
Donator 11

I belive allied war machine could make it into COH2
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment