Login

russian armor

MG's in buildings

24 Mar 2015, 04:16 AM

or, how to lose a game in 3:31.

i thought we fixed this sorta thing, right?

makes me wanna holler...

never again.
24 Mar 2015, 07:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Put two raketen or mgs in the same house and watch them be unable to fire a single shot :D
24 Mar 2015, 08:21 AM

Sadly if this was a Maxim it'd of been totally fine. MG/buildings just need a rework.
24 Mar 2015, 08:35 AM

Sadly if this was a Maxim it'd of been totally fine. MG/buildings just need a rework.

Except it wouldn't, because after changes it takes exactly the same time for it to setup and change windows as it takes for MG42.
24 Mar 2015, 08:38 AM

Put two raketen or mgs in the same house and watch them be unable to fire a single shot :D

LOL! Boy doesn't that ever sound like a party...
24 Mar 2015, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 08:35 AMKatitof

Except it wouldn't, because after changes it takes exactly the same time for it to setup and change windows as it takes for MG42.

I don't recall that being in the patch notes, source please?
24 Mar 2015, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 08:35 AMKatitof

The maxim has a shorter set up time and have more crew men which makes it harder to get wiped.
24 Mar 2015, 17:51 PM

makes me wanna holler...

never again.

Selecting the MG inside the building seems to mitigate this somewhat (although it may be my imagination.)
24 Mar 2015, 17:51 PM

I don't recall that being in the patch notes, source please?

Was one of the stealth changes.
24 Mar 2015, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 17:51 PMKatitof

Was one of the stealth changes.

Really because I just used maxims in a game yesterday and they set up in buildings faster than my opponents MG42's did.

Also it should be mentioned maxims get the benefit of a better arc when in buildings.

The maxim sets up faster, and has a faster reload.
24 Mar 2015, 18:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

All team weapons which can be garrisoned within a building now share the same setup/re-position time of 4 seconds. This means a MG42 will take 4 seconds to switch windows and begin firing, as opposed to their old functionality which relied on their reload time. This creates more consistent behavior between team weapons and prevents some weapons from having delays as high as 6 or 7 seconds.
24 Mar 2015, 18:15 PM

All team weapons which can be garrisoned within a building now share the same setup/re-position time of 4 seconds. This means a MG42 will take 4 seconds to switch windows and begin firing, as opposed to their old functionality which relied on their reload time. This creates more consistent behavior between team weapons and prevents some weapons from having delays as high as 6 or 7 seconds.

But the initial set up time of the MG (with out switching windows) is the same is it not? I also seem to be able to get my maxims unsetup and out of the building much faster than I can with the 42
24 Mar 2015, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 17:51 PMWygrif

Selecting the MG inside the building seems to mitigate this somewhat (although it may be my imagination.)

To add context I was selecting the mg team and ordering it out the back once the 97 conscripts rolled up. I think what happened was the initial setup derped, derped again and locked up every time it switched windows not setup and only got the message once it was fully setup.... And not in a window, I think the mg model moved to the back door once "setup"
25 Mar 2015, 13:29 PM

Define "fix".
25 Mar 2015, 14:56 PM
Donator 33

This problem appeared when they changed the building profiles, the unit keeps re-positioning for like 10 seconds when it tries to find a decent spot to fire from, try setting up a mg to the brown wooden house on langreskaya (next to the munitions point ) and you see the MG get totally insane, firing 3 bullets..and repositioning and it will keep doing that, if the target stays in max range, and garrisoning 2 mgs you will see it happen even more. (Maybe its just that brown wooden building that makes mg's get possessed since its on alot of maps, and i've seen it happen alot in that building type)
25 Mar 2015, 18:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2015, 14:56 PMATCF
This problem appeared when they changed the building profiles, the unit keeps re-positioning for like 10 seconds when it tries to find a decent spot to fire from, try setting up a mg to the brown wooden house on langreskaya (next to the munitions point ) and you see the MG get totally insane, firing 3 bullets..and repositioning and it will keep doing that, if the target stays in max range, and garrisoning 2 mgs you will see it happen even more. (Maybe its just that brown wooden building that makes mg's get possessed since its on alot of maps, and i've seen it happen alot in that building type)

I have a horrible feeling it is unfinished business.;)

OCT 14 patch

Ambient Buildings
Our goal is to improve the gameplay value of buildings and reduce the potential frustrations associated with their use. The first step towards achieving this goal is to increase the transparency of a building’s structural integrity. By doing so, players are better equipped to analyze the battle field and its potential assets. Future improvements will focus on gameplay and interaction. This might include improving the functionality of a weapon team within a garrison or providing the player with a better means of identifying each structure type.

26 Mar 2015, 02:25 AM

I have a horrible feeling it is unfinished business.;)

as in, maybe everyone will forget about it x(

"The first step towards achieving this goal is to increase the transparency of a building’s structural integrity."

success!! :D

"Future improvements ... might include [buildings actually working]"

here's to march 31st. :D
26 Mar 2015, 02:45 AM

"The first step towards achieving this goal is to increase the transparency of a building’s structural integrity."

What Relic was actually going for was an accurate representation of the superiority of Soviet architecture. As you can see, Relic correctly displays how the Soviets designed their buildings to defy gravity once the structural integrity is destroyed. This was very crucial for their survival in the war.

Kappa
26 Mar 2015, 03:06 AM

putting mgs in building is wrong most times, anyways. even if it's the mighty Maxim! ;)
26 Mar 2015, 03:10 AM

What Relic was actually going for was an accurate representation of the superiority of Soviet architecture. As you can see, Relic correctly displays how the Soviets designed their buildings to defy gravity once the structural integrity is destroyed. This was very crucial for their survival in the war.

Kappa

Ohhh man, I've played enough War Thunder in the lower tiers to know alllll about good soviet wood...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 72
unknown 25
United Kingdom 240
United States 9
Germany 1
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W