Login

russian armor

Conscripts scaling to late game...

17 Mar 2015, 20:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Why exactly no LMG for Scripts? 40 muni for a single DP-28 would make them (and thus base Soviets) be able to actually hold ground from other troops without a dramatic cover advantage (as in, heavy vs. open) and still make them distinct from Guards who get two and have Button (and are trash, but that's a problem with them that still needs to be fixed as well). They would still lose to LMG42 Grens. Plus yanno, I don't see Wehrmacht players going "I don't really want all these LMGs" so I doubt there would be too much of a problem with Guards (were they not trash) and Scripts.

Conscripts have a low cost to reinforce, are numerous and weak. They are designed around being cannon-fodder. This can lead to some problems later on versus upgraded axis troops.

I think it would be cool if there was an upgrade (similar to the Molotov, AT-nade upgrades... maybe 200mp, 50 fuel) that increased their squad size by two members. This upgrade could be tied to T3/T4 to not come too early.

Russians revolving around MGs the same way as the Germans is unrealistic and copy-paste design.

Yet a Script squad costs 100 to fully reinforce while a Gren squad costs 90...

I'd be mostly uninterested in getting more models to pay to reinforce, because that's what they'd still do. They'd be more likely to survive tossing grenades like usual and more or less still lose to every other infantry.
17 Mar 2015, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2015, 20:38 PMVuther
Why exactly no LMG for Scripts? 40 muni for a single DP-28 would make them (and thus base Soviets) be able to actually hold ground from other troops without a dramatic cover advantage (as in, heavy vs. open) and still make them distinct from Guards who get two and have Button (and are trash, but that's a problem with them that still needs to be fixed as well). They would still lose to LMG42 Grens. Plus yanno, I don't see Wehrmacht players going "I don't really want all these LMGs" so I doubt there would be too much of a problem with Guards (were they not trash) and Scripts.

Yet a Script squad costs 100 to fully reinforce while a Gren squad costs 90...

I'd be mostly uninterested in getting more models to pay to reinforce, because that's what they'd still do. They'd be more likely to survive tossing grenades like usual and more or less still lose to every other infantry.

AVT-40 is still viable and more flavorful than DP-28.
17 Mar 2015, 21:02 PM

My thoughts:

1) I think cons are fine as is. They good enough in early game. In late game they provide utility with AT nade, molotov and merge. It would be great if there was another infantry squad which would replace them and which they could merge with.

If Shocks and Guards stay doctrinal, I suggest Assault Guards (the ones from Lend-Lease doctrine which comes in M5 HT). 3 PPSh, 3 SVT, grenade (maybe unlockable with molotov), veterancy bonuses that suits their role.
Maybe PPSh should be upgradable for muni only after T3 or T4 is built in order to delay their efficency.

I not sure if Soviets are need that though.

2) Penals need some more dedicated range where they excel. Since last patch Cons DPS is the best when they facehug their enemy. Penals should be like mid range unit (also SVT suits that role just fine).

3) If Penals are in T1, those Assault Guards could be put into T2 (although, they not fit there thematically). In order to keep same 3 units per T1 and T2, I think, AT gun could be moved to HQ and become available for production after either T1 or T2 is built.

This would stop T1 getting completely #rekt by very first Flak HT, Puma or Luchs. In order to reduce effectiveness of Maxims against OKW, it's crew size could be reduced to 5 man and...

Voilà!

T1 is completely viable alternative against OKW.
T2 have things to sink muni.
Shocks are not THAT necessary as you get potent close-range 6-man squad as you tech T3 or T4.
17 Mar 2015, 21:49 PM

Conscripts have a low cost to reinforce, are numerous and weak. They are designed around being cannon-fodder. This can lead to some problems later on versus upgraded axis troops.

I think it would be cool if there was an upgrade (similar to the Molotov, AT-nade upgrades... maybe 200mp, 50 fuel) that increased their squad size by two members. This upgrade could be tied to T3/T4 to not come too early.

Russians revolving around MGs the same way as the Germans is unrealistic and copy-paste design.

This would be my suggestion although as others have said it should come with a reduced reinforce cost as well. Increased squad size and cheaper reinforce would allow Cons to simply outlast enemy squads without needing the major DPS increase associated with a weapon upgrade. Not to mention it would also increase the value of merge late game and play into the theme of Cons being numerous and cheap infantry who aren't particularly elite.

One other suggestion to help Cons late game would be to replace trip wire flares with a passive ability at vet2 that increases their accuracy or decreases their received accuracy when behind cover similar to what Ostruppen have. That way when late game infantry dps starts to get out of control due to vet combined with munitions upgrades Cons can still keep up as they gain vet themselves albeit at a cost of mobility.
17 Mar 2015, 22:07 PM

At Vet 3, give them a muni free lmg that wipes mgs from the front with minimal micro. Call them Stalinsoldaten.

In all seriousness though, give them a weapon upgrade as a million people have said before me. AVT or SVT (can't remember the name) sounds like a good choice, I don't like the idea of DP's on conscripts though.
17 Mar 2015, 22:30 PM

How would AVT-40's stats be and when would it arrive?
17 Mar 2015, 22:38 PM

How would AVT-40's stats be and when would it arrive?

3-4 CP and make it like the G43 upgrade for PanzerFuss
17 Mar 2015, 22:55 PM

Permanently Banned
Give them a fourth level of vet.At which point you do a PE style vet where you either choose an offensive 4th vet or a defensive one with some minor buffs,but that each unlock specific weapon upgrades.Offensive combat package giving them pps43s/ppsh/close range damage buff/improved uraa (1 or 2 of those),defensive one giving them svts/dps/camo when standing in heavy cover/hit the dirt ability(1 or 2 of those).Does this destroy penals?Yes and it's intentional because penals right now make no sense.I'd like to see penals removed or be moved to a new "Penal troops doctrine" as a call in infantry similar in use to osts.It makes no sense that the reality of around 1% of the soviet army in ww2 is represented more than,say,the Su100 tank destroyer,the stug(god awful unit in the game that played a major part in the war historically),the 105 howitzer,the panzer III,soviet assault engineers,actual nkvd,the actual german elite units that fought in the war(*let's name them obersoldaten to simplify!Stronk logic!*)
17 Mar 2015, 23:11 PM

Conscripts are absolutely fine as they are. I've lost countless engagements with Obersoldatens and Volks because of Conscripts and their extreme versatility and good damage. Whenever a Rus player does a heavy Conscript build, I get worried because Conscripts are that good.
17 Mar 2015, 23:28 PM

Conscripts are absolutely fine as they are. I've lost countless engagements with Obersoldatens and Volks because of Conscripts and their extreme versatility and good damage. Whenever a Rus player does a heavy Conscript build, I get worried because Conscripts are that good.

Did they merged you to death?

17 Mar 2015, 23:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2015, 23:28 PMKatitof

Did they merged you to death?

Katitof I figured he wouldn't be able to get you of all people.....

18 Mar 2015, 00:09 AM

Katitof I figured he wouldn't be able to get you of all people.....

If it was any other player(except sierra, jaigen, aus and alex), he wouldn't.
But its him and I know he could be serious there:snfBarton:
18 Mar 2015, 00:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2015, 00:09 AMKatitof

If it was any other player(except sierra, jaigen, aus and alex), he wouldn't.
But its him and I know he could be serious there:snfBarton:

Why do you love me so much :3
18 Mar 2015, 00:29 AM

I gonna start a REForever fanclub.
His comments are sharp, precise, resemble the truth and he remains to be unbiased.

Comments like
The PTRS's are fine as they are. Whenever i'm up against Guard Infantry, I always have to be careful with my vehicles or the Guards will completely destroy them. Good range, good damage and fairly cheap; if anything, the PTRS should nerfed since it's ridiculously good for the price. Even in the hands of Conscripts, the PTRS's are extremely potent.

or
Partisans are fine as they are. They have pretty good DPS, they spawn out of buildings and they spawn with LMG's that cost no munitions. They're a very good unit in the hands of a skilled player.

Just prove my assumption.
18 Mar 2015, 02:20 AM

I don't think it's a good ideal to give weapon upgrades to cons, that'd just made them another version of gren and rifle which would harmed the diversity in the game. I certainly don't want to see another blobs of LMG cons going around. Besides it would made Soviet become muni starve.

Oh and Soviet already have a stock infantry that can scale well into mid late game: penals. Instead of changing cons, i suggest do something about penals and T1, or teching in general so that they can have a bigger role in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★