Login

russian armor

Jaeger Infantry

12 Mar 2015, 19:51 PM

You still didnt explain why Pathfinders perform better at vet 0.

I mean, i do like Pathfinders, but they seem to be worse in every single way for pretty much the same price and inability to be called in from houses.

They do more damage at close and medium ranges, and the ability to instantly kill a infantry unit under 40% health is quite powerful and they can cloak at vet 0. They also get slighty better bonus's in the early vet levels:

Pathfinders:

Vet1:+10% sight range
Vet2:-20% weapon cooldown, -29% received accuracy
Vet3:+14% weapon range, +20% weapon accuracy, camouflage stays shortly after leaving cover

JLI:

Vet1:Unlocks the 'Field First Aid' ability
Vet2:-29% received accuracy, passive cloak
Vet3:+40% accuracy

Ultimately they are pretty even in usefulness till they both hit Vet 3 and JLI become objectively better; not really a flaw, they both cost/function the same till JLI out Vets pathfinders which is how most OKW units work anyway.
12 Mar 2015, 21:22 PM

Permanently Banned
^ u are incredibly biased

Lets just ignore vet 4 and 5

12 Mar 2015, 21:25 PM

^ u are incredibly biased

Lets just ignore vet 4 and 5

I literally said that JLI got better as they go past Vet 3. That was the entire point of my post.
12 Mar 2015, 21:27 PM

Isn't that why they have vet in the first place to get better? :P
12 Mar 2015, 21:29 PM

Isn't that why they have vet in the first place to get better? :P

This is the design philosophy of most OKW units.
12 Mar 2015, 21:44 PM
Donator 33

Once Jaegers get cloak they should be able to hold fire. This should also apply for Falls.

I mean, what is the point of having cloak if they start shooting at anything that comes in range anyway? They don't even get the first strike bonus.
12 Mar 2015, 21:58 PM

Once Jaegers get cloak they should be able to hold fire. This should also apply for Falls.

I mean, what is the point of having cloak if they start shooting at anything that comes in range anyway? They don't even get the first strike bonus.

You can't spot them with airplanes, flares, or recon units that have longer sight range like vet 3 T70s in recon mode. That's about it. But I do agree that it is rather silly for units to have cloak and not have hold-fire. It would also allow for Fallschrimjeagers to be more potent in the late-game so you don't have to get obers all the time.
12 Mar 2015, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2015, 16:12 PMKatitof

Actually, it does explain it.
In theory they can drop a model every single volley they fire, so it makes sense that they will win against raw DPS, because their own damage output isn't calculated by raw DPS value, but resolves around the crit.

If their Kars do 16 dmg, they need to hit each model TWO times, then G34 model will simply instakill it with the crit. Unless you are using double BARs or proper assault infantry(shocks, thompson paras) its better to stay at range to minimize probability that G43 will kill your models.

Also lol at usual Alexzandvars bullshit, as wrong as usual.

unfortunately thats not how it usually turns out because you have no control over wether or not the squad focuses one model at a time, or even if the g43 will target the lowest hp model.

also theyre garbage as frontline infantry because they do cost quite a bit to reinforce and dont necessarily kill infantry quickly.
12 Mar 2015, 22:04 PM

unfortunately thats not how it usually turns out because you have no control over wether or not the squad focuses one model at a time, or even if the g43 will target the lowest hp model.

Thats why I didn't said it was a norm.
Just its possible, just like molo frying whole squad instantly.
Unlikely, more chances you'll get struck by lightning IRL, but still possible.
12 Mar 2015, 22:28 PM
Donator 11

Jaegers snipe inf. Even in green cover. When engaging jaegers you gotta count in that some of your model/models will get sniped even if they are in green cover.
12 Mar 2015, 22:48 PM

also theyre garbage as frontline infantry because they do cost quite a bit to reinforce and dont necessarily kill infantry quickly.

This, they are utility infantry. Personally I prefer them to Fallsch for causing havoc behind the lines because they are cheaper, plus it's fun to cap a point and then booby trap it.
12 Mar 2015, 22:50 PM

This, they are utility infantry. Personally I prefer them to Fallsch for causing havoc behind the lines because they are cheaper, plus it's fun to cap a point and then booby trap it.

falls arent cheaper
12 Mar 2015, 23:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

falls arent cheaper

It's pretty cheap when they come out of nowhere and immediately flank to win the firefight

*Ba-dum-tish*
12 Mar 2015, 23:17 PM

falls arent cheaper

I said JLI are cheaper.

Personally I prefer them to Fallsch for causing havoc behind the lines because they are cheaper,

A better way to say that may have been: I like them better than Fallsch, as JLI are cheaper.
13 Mar 2015, 00:33 AM

Permanently Banned

TOP FUCKING KEK
13 Mar 2015, 00:35 AM

TOP FUCKING KEK

They are not front line infantry, they are excellent utility infantry for causing havoc behind the lines. The sprint ability they have is quite powerful and allows you to easily escape a dangerous situation if they get stuck in one.

Fallsch are overpriced to all hell, why would I want to call in a unit behind the lines (and thus there being a good chance it might die) for more than the cost of Obers?
13 Mar 2015, 01:04 AM
Patrion 14

They are not front line infantry, they are excellent utility infantry for causing havoc behind the lines. The sprint ability they have is quite powerful and allows you to easily escape a dangerous situation if they get stuck in one.

Fallsch are overpriced to all hell, why would I want to call in a unit behind the lines (and thus there being a good chance it might die) for more than the cost of Obers?

The fact that they are able to do so is quite amazing for a high DPS unit (when stationary they have great damage at all ranges). I honestly think that partisans should be the only infantry that can spawn behind enemy lines from buildings. Jaegers, and stormtroopers can get a cost reduction and be able to spawn only spawn from buildings in friendly territory, while falls can either do that or get a further price decrease to their unit price and spawn from off map. It really doesn't make sense to me why I can call in a no-micro flank which can destroy a well defended early game position in a matter of seconds (falls).
13 Mar 2015, 01:08 AM

The fact that they are able to do so is quite amazing for a high DPS unit (when stationary they have great damage at all ranges). I honestly think that partisans should be the only infantry that can spawn behind enemy lines from buildings. Jaegers, and stormtroopers can get a cost reduction and be able to spawn only spawn from buildings in friendly territory, while falls can either do that or get a further price decrease to their unit price and spawn from off map. It really doesn't make sense to me why I can call in a no-micro flank which can destroy a well defended early game position in a matter of seconds (falls).

Fallsch viability drops of hard due to its high cost. Honestly Partisans need a buff badly, but JLI and Stormtroopers are far from being hard to deal with.

The whole idea of JLI is they are advanced scouting infantry, and Stormtroopers are meant to pop in behind the lines and cause havoc by decapping points.

Fallsch shouldn't come from houses, they should be dropped in for a plane like Paratroopers are. Just give them the ability to drop accurately without a beacon to make up for the fact they lost the ability to pop out of houses.

13 Mar 2015, 03:31 AM

How can wehr stand double bar pathfinder?How can wehr stand double Soviet snipers?Now it's just a jager light infantry.
13 Mar 2015, 06:13 AM

also, do they use the garrand? or are they equipped with the m1? not the snipers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★