Login

russian armor

Lets talk Stuart

7 Mar 2015, 21:12 PM

A light tank being able to do it would be interesting.

edit: There are some large hedgerows you need heavy tanks to get through.
7 Mar 2015, 21:16 PM

Just a note, I actually saw a guy use a Stuart with a Jackson in tandem really well the other day. If you have the speed to trigger the blind ability while microing two tanks, it's actually extremely effective against an unsupported tank. I was so surprised to see it, it totally threw me and I lost the game because I didn't get ma panther away in time.
7 Mar 2015, 21:17 PM
Patrion 14

Yeah losing a Stuart to a Panzer or a Panther is not really the problem, it's supposed to be that way. The problem is the Schreck blobs. Three Schreck shots and it's done. Someone needs to check the target size in the files because it acts like a rocket magnet. They rarely miss.

Rifles do scouting better and with less resource wipe potential. It gets practically hardcountered by infantry. There is a window of opportunity against Obers before the Panther arrives provided you manage to chase the Volks off.
8 Mar 2015, 17:36 PM

Yeah losing a Stuart to a Panzer or a Panther is not really the problem, it's supposed to be that way. The problem is the Schreck blobs. Three Schreck shots and it's done. Someone needs to check the target size in the files because it acts like a rocket magnet. They rarely miss.

Rifles do scouting better and with less resource wipe potential. It gets practically hardcountered by infantry. There is a window of opportunity against Obers before the Panther arrives provided you manage to chase the Volks off.

Target Size is 19
T70 is 18
Luchs is 18
JagdPanzer IV is 17 :megusta:

If you look at the target size of all USF armor its abnormally large for its class. Sherman larger then T34, Stuart then T70, Jackson the size of a T34/85/Panther etc etc.

The problem is the REDIC 60% accuracy sooo lets look at this shall we?

.025 far and .05 near just like the Bazooka

The zook gets 1.29 buff at Vet 3 Rifles and Shrek gets 1.6 more or less at Vet 5.

So at far its .04 which means 47.5%? Chance to directly hit and someone smarter then me can explain how Scatter can still make a miss a hit cause I am not so smart.

Also smarter folks feel free to correct my poor Maths.

8 Mar 2015, 19:08 PM

How about make Stuart a strict AI light tank like the T-70 and Luchs and buff the gun and AOE.
8 Mar 2015, 19:15 PM

How about make Stuart a strict AI light tank like the T-70 and Luchs and buff the gun and AOE.

I'd much rather see the firepower stay where it is and it getting 400hp.
Out of lights, stuart should be superior, not inferior in firepower and survivability to two other lights.
8 Mar 2015, 19:35 PM

I'd much rather see the firepower stay where it is and it getting 400hp.
Out of lights, stuart should be superior, not inferior in firepower and survivability to two other lights.

I agree with Katitof. I would like it a Light Medium. So that it can spot and use its abilities without just exploding at the site of any AT whatsoever. Yknow like M10 level HPs lets say. If it had more HPs I could see myself using it to just stun tanks to support the Jack. I mean you still can its just too risky for its cost.
8 Mar 2015, 19:54 PM
Donator 11

Target Size is 19
T70 is 18
Luchs is 18
JagdPanzer IV is 17 :megusta:

If you look at the target size of all USF armor its abnormally large for its class. Sherman larger then T34, Stuart then T70, Jackson the size of a T34/85/Panther etc etc.

The problem is the REDIC 60% accuracy sooo lets look at this shall we?

.025 far and .05 near just like the Bazooka

The zook gets 1.29 buff at Vet 3 Rifles and Shrek gets 1.6 more or less at Vet 5.

So at far its .04 which means 47.5%? Chance to directly hit and someone smarter then me can explain how Scatter can still make a miss a hit cause I am not so smart.

Also smarter folks feel free to correct my poor Maths.

Target size of usf vehicles is historically justified. I mean large target size was a primary feature (and a disadvantage of course) of all us vehicle at the time. This was because of large, vertical engines used in their tanks. Simply sherman or m3/5 with small size is like IS-2 with small gun and no armour, as unrealistic as possible. Ofc I'm not saying the game is or should be realistic but it should keep at least minimum levels of realism.
8 Mar 2015, 20:01 PM

Target size of usf vehicles is historically justified. I mean large target size was a primary feature (and a disadvantage of course) of all us vehicle at the time. This was because of large, vertical engines used in their tanks. Simply sherman or m3/5 with small size is like IS-2 with small gun and no armour, as unrealistic as possible. Ofc I'm not saying the game is or should be realistic but it should keep at least minimum levels of realism.

Yes and so was cheap cost. And weak side armor and all the other things that arent modeled in game.

Back to the well lets let them die in one shot have large target sizes but cost 5 fuel etc etc.

Certain "Realism" is cherry picked and they tend to be to the negatives.
8 Mar 2015, 20:03 PM

Certain "Realism" is cherry picked and they tend to be to the negatives.
8 Mar 2015, 21:18 PM

Should have more HP and better damage, I hate when it gets 2 shotted.

Right now the whole tier is junk :P

Also; cannister shot or smoke or command tank upgrade would be pretty neat. :D
9 Mar 2015, 01:03 AM

Should have more HP and better damage, I hate when it gets 2 shotted.

Right now the whole tier is junk :P

Also; cannister shot or smoke or command tank upgrade would be pretty neat. :D

Which is why I call it the Craptain Tier.
9 Mar 2015, 01:47 AM
Patrion 27

I got this POS to vet 2 in a game and barely broke 100% efficiency. It is clearly over-costed for performance.
9 Mar 2015, 02:28 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I got this POS to vet 2 in a game and barely broke 100% efficiency. It is clearly over-costed for performance.

I know the Stuart needs help, but But USF efficiency is kind of broken with their vehicles as you're constantly getting in and out of your vehicles which resets it I think. I can get Vet 3 Shermans and still not break 1000% efficiency.
9 Mar 2015, 02:40 AM
Patrion 27

I know the Stuart needs help, but But USF efficiency is kind of broken with their vehicles as you're constantly getting in and out of your vehicles which resets it I think. I can get Vet 3 Shermans and still not break 1000% efficiency.

Ah yeah I forgot about that. It's like when I make one Paratrooper squad and reinforce it from Pathfinder Beacons and the post game stats say I built 7 Paratrooper squads :P
9 Mar 2015, 03:39 AM

The stuart is actually not too bad. i use it as a stopgap when i go for easy 8 as American. I don't care much for the captain but that tier has the much needed AT guns to support the easy 8s.

The stuart is simply a stop gab along that road. The sight buff at vet 1 helps a lot for AT gun sights and the tank itself is a nice deterrent for obers, so they don't completely walk all over you.

Another great thing about it is if i manage to get a bit of vet with the stuart then i simply swap out crews with my fresh easy 8 to give me head start.

It's not the best light vehicle but it is certainly not the worst (*cough* 222).
9 Mar 2015, 04:24 AM

The stuart is actually not too bad. i use it as a stopgap when i go for easy 8 as American. I don't care much for the captain but that tier has the much needed AT guns to support the easy 8s.

The stuart is simply a stop gab along that road. The sight buff at vet 1 helps a lot for AT gun sights and the tank itself is a nice deterrent for obers, so they don't completely walk all over you.

Another great thing about it is if i manage to get a bit of vet with the stuart then i simply swap out crews with my fresh easy 8 to give me head start.

It's not the best light vehicle but it is certainly not the worst (*cough* 222).

160 fuel for a stop gap.
at least the 222 has a purpose and place within the game, if it outlives that it's a bonus.
9 Mar 2015, 05:41 AM

it's just the stuart will never be facing anything with similar damage, except maybe the luchs

think about it

OH vehicles:

scout car 222 - lose in a fight

paks/p4/stug/panther/elefant/tiger all 2-3 shot it

luchs - lose in a fight

puma/jagpanzer/jagtiger/koingstiger/panther/shrek/puppchen all 2-3 shot it
9 Mar 2015, 05:49 AM

replace with M24chaffee

record M24 chaffee engine sound but use it to Stuart
9 Mar 2015, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2015, 02:38 AMVuther

While the idea of that gave me a most normal boner, I'm regrettably reading that it only had 3 .30 cals make it to production and it didn't use a .50 (initial M3 Stuarts did have 5 M1919A4s, but it got reduced to three definitely by the time the M5A1 got made. Any variants that I could find which had a .50 cal had it in place of its gun turret)...probably because it couldn't fire them all off at once anyway, like you said.

I do agree with making it better against infantry with its MGs though. The less main guns squad-wiping the better, but that's no reason to keep the Stuart bad.

Many Stuart crews got rid of the pintle-mounted M1919A4 and slapped on an M2HB in its place. Jussayin.

The M3 and M3A1 are the same early model tank with the exception that the M3A1 used a welded cylindrical turret versus the M3s octagonal riveted turret (both of rolled homogeneous armor). M3s did have provisions for a .30 in each 'cheek' of the hull, but by the time the M3A1s started rolling off of the production line, they simply added armored plugs to the holes and stopped equipping the extra guns. Four men with a cannon and five machine guns makes for bad maths. And I do indeed speak English gooder.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★