Login

russian armor

The new factions should be:

5 Mar 2015, 15:33 PM

50% of factions in game are German. Why do we need more German factions?

I know you wehraboos have a ceaseless chub on for the glorious Krupp Steel, but the axis forces in WWII were formed from many, many countries.

Japan and Italy are obviously the major powers, but plenty of affiliates and clients existed.

Can we pick at least one of them to represent in game yet? If we blow our chance with Italy we may never get another shot again.

You are right !!!
5 Mar 2015, 15:49 PM
Donator 11

Maybe the japanese inf could be capable of hijacking enemy vehicles like in cc generals? :)
5 Mar 2015, 15:50 PM

Four factions is already too many.
5 Mar 2015, 15:54 PM

God, you're right, who wants variety in games? Why have any sort of national flavor or fun?

Let's remove everything but Ostheer verses more Ostheer. That'll make the game exciting.

Change is scary, right? Thinking about more than one possible opponent is hard
5 Mar 2015, 16:06 PM

They infected a hell lot of casualty in Iwo Jima and Okinawa, their equipment were not as good as US but their fanatic mind and crazy tactic defending their homeland were very harsh for the USMC. It could be one of the reason why US choose to atomic bomb than launching another D-day in the east. Of course the bomb prevented Soviet dividing Japan like Germany.

FFS don't compare with those guys willing to suicide attack defending their homeland with the Italian willing more to eat spaghetti than fighting.

If you want to play a Japanese faction just play custom matches against Americans as soviets. But you can only have cons, no automatic weapons (so no shocks or PPsH), your heaviest tank can be a T70, and your largest AT gun can be the 45mm one.

It's not like Relic has made games with more than 4 factions in the past right?
5 Mar 2015, 16:57 PM

I voted for the British Army and the Afrika Corps.
5 Mar 2015, 17:09 PM

If you want to play a Japanese faction just play custom matches against Americans as soviets. But you can only have cons, no automatic weapons (so no shocks or PPsH), your heaviest tank can be a T70, and your largest AT gun can be the 45mm one.

It's not like Relic has made games with more than 4 factions in the past right?

Just being curious, did you played C&C Generals?
Bigger tanks and better technology doesn't mean they can autowin.

I doubt the current Relic team can design a good COH for the Pacific theatre, but just imagine how can you micro a stupid big fat IS2 in jungle? US "lost" the vietnam war for a reason. It is not like Iraq in 2003, or ISIS in 2015. :foreveralone:
5 Mar 2015, 20:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Idk why people are acting like just because the Japs had weak stuff IRL it couldnt be scaled to be stronger for balance.

Like a infantry suicide anti tank stick(Whatver its called) could IMMOBILZE any tank and have 1000 penetration and deal 600 damage.

Japanese infantry could have Passive sprint IN AND OUT of combat depending on a commander.

Japanese tanks could emphasize infantry support,and could therefor arrive earlier,like armored cars. The Japs would have light vehicle dominance in a way. Bazooka/PTRS/PIAT would be as effective as panzershreks against these early jap tanks,opening up more tech options when playing against them.

They could give japs PLENTY of smoke option on their indirect fire pieces to close the distance.

They could be the masters of booby trapping,mines,infantry traps,tank traps and roadblocks/defenses/bunkers/tunnels...They dont HAVE to be conventional. and it sure sounds interesting to play against as i type this.. an IS2 isnt gonna do shit against you as a Jap if you use your mines and AT infantry(that can camo??). It CAN be balanced. Realism IS NOT priority in this!
5 Mar 2015, 20:17 PM

Idk why people are acting like just because the Japs had weak stuff IRL it couldnt be scaled to be stronger for balance.

Like a infantry suicide anti tank stick(Whatver its called) could IMMOBILZE any tank and have 1000 penetration and deal 600 damage.

Japanese infantry could have Passive sprint IN AND OUT of combat depending on a commander.

Japanese tanks could emphasize infantry support,and could therefor arrive earlier,like armored cars. The Japs would have light vehicle dominance in a way. Bazooka/PTRS/PIAT would be as effective as panzershreks against these early jap tanks,opening up more tech options when playing against them.

They could give japs PLENTY of smoke option on their indirect fire pieces to close the distance.

They could be the masters of booby trapping,mines,infantry traps,tank traps and roadblocks/defenses/bunkers/tunnels...They dont HAVE to be conventional. and it sure sounds interesting to play against as i type this.. an IS2 isnt gonna do shit against you as a Jap if you use your mines and AT infantry(that can camo??). It CAN be balanced. Realism IS NOT priority in this!

Any faction entirely based around infantry and fortifications is just going to get insanely and brutally owned by direct fire. Yeah love to see your little ambush and mines be worth something, to bad I have 132mm rockets that says no.

6 Mar 2015, 02:11 AM

New German faction based around 1945 would be cool, waffen SS units and spammable volksturm squads armed with VG rifles and heavier charge Panzerfausts. Jagdpanther, neblewerfers, Kettenkrads and the Flak 88 could all make a return possibly with Hungarian units and foreign volunteers giving some infantry and faction variety.

Late war Brits would fit in nicely as a counter part, possibly with a focus on unit preservation and heavy arty usage. Commanders could give Canadian and Polish units, each with their own unique twist and abilities.
6 Mar 2015, 02:32 AM

No more late war bullshit, just give allies a new faction and Axis new units.
6 Mar 2015, 04:28 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Any faction entirely based around infantry and fortifications is just going to get insanely and brutally owned by direct fire. Yeah love to see your little ambush and mines be worth something, to bad I have 132mm rockets that says no.

SO...

My Val divebomber and strafing Zero with 20mm cannons would like a word with your paper katyusha and static howitzers.. It can be balanced.
6 Mar 2015, 04:31 AM

SO...

My Val divebomber and strafing Zero with 20mm cannons would like a word with your paper katyusha and static howitzers.. It can be balanced.

Or else just dive straight into the IS2 and blob, like the P47s always do in the western front, except the Zero is fully planted with bomb. :facepalm:

Ohka the "man-piloted V2" would have a word with you.
6 Mar 2015, 04:47 AM

SO...

Okay great you spent all your munitions on call ins, a IS2 is moving to your location to crush your 37mm AT guns under it's treads.

Oh and your strafe did nothing, because the Katyusha just moved, because it has wheels. And the mortars you tried to kill? They have legs.
6 Mar 2015, 04:52 AM

Okay great you spent all your munitions on call ins, a IS2 is moving to your location to crush your 37mm AT guns under it's treads.

Oh and your strafe did nothing, because the Katyusha just moved, because it has wheels. And the mortars you tried to kill? They have legs.

Legs and wheels save you from skillplanes? You sure? :O
6 Mar 2015, 05:00 AM

They do, I always make sure to keep my rocket trucks and mortars close to the front so if a call in happens I can see it.

Also if he calls a recon plane over your indirect fire he's probably going to be calling in something else pretty quick
6 Mar 2015, 05:48 AM

To everyone wanting the pacific theater: you gotta remember the map design... I realllly don't trust the current contemporary pathing system to operate well in a jungle, one of the primary reasons for the IJA's success IMO.
6 Mar 2015, 06:17 AM

To everyone wanting the pacific theater: you gotta remember the map design... I realllly don't trust the current contemporary pathing system to operate well in a jungle, one of the primary reasons for the IJA's success IMO.

God .. I like talking to a wall.
Why if Japan - everyone thinks about the jungle and the island.
Soviet war with Japan in China, which means:
- Mountains and cold
- steppes
- Cities
- And of course the jungle and island
and a bunch of interesting places
6 Mar 2015, 06:24 AM

The Soviets dominated the Japanese in china so hard making a faction out of it would be like making a RTS out of the 2003 invasion of Iraq
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment