Login

russian armor

The new factions should be:

4 Mar 2015, 23:53 PM

50% of factions in game are German. Why do we need more German factions?

I know you wehraboos have a ceaseless chub on for the glorious Krupp Steel, but the axis forces in WWII were formed from many, many countries.

Japan and Italy are obviously the major powers, but plenty of affiliates and clients existed.

Can we pick at least one of them to represent in game yet? If we blow our chance with Italy we may never get another shot again.

The reason why Axis is only represented as German is because the Italians were a literal joke.
4 Mar 2015, 23:59 PM

regarding the italians. this could be an amazing ToW mission
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nikolayevka
5 Mar 2015, 00:03 AM

I wouldn't mind giving allies a few new factions and just adding units to the OKW/Ostheer unit list.
5 Mar 2015, 00:11 AM

Finns and Soviets. :D
5 Mar 2015, 00:42 AM
Donator 11

Finns and Soviets. :D

Would be cool. Too bad it's even earlier than africa korps... They started to create early war factions in ToW, they should give them automatch and add few new factions. That way we could also get france, japan, italy, maybe even grece, early british forces, the fun could never end. But they have chosen to pick late war timing when most countries are already defeated or use anachronic equipment.
5 Mar 2015, 00:56 AM

Would be cool. Too bad it's even earlier than africa korps... They started to create early war factions in ToW, they should give them automatch and add few new factions. That way we could also get france, japan, italy, maybe even grece, early british forces, the fun could never end. But they have chosen to pick late war timing when most countries are already defeated or use anachronic equipment.
I would have really loved to have multiple era options in the game. Would have been terrible to balance though.
5 Mar 2015, 01:13 AM

You can always do the Continuation war. That's slap bang in the time zone...
5 Mar 2015, 01:51 AM

You can always do the Continuation war. That's slap bang in the time zone...

It would be rather odd, considering the Finn's equipment was a mish mash of soviet equipment and lend lease German equipment. To quote a Soviet general:

"With the Finns it feels like we are fighting ourselves, except they have better machine guns!"
5 Mar 2015, 02:38 AM

The new factions could have special matchmaking where they only see other new factions and only see them on certain maps..im sure enough people would buy said factions as well for that to work properly.

+1
Make new factions exclusively mutual to each other. You won't want further balance issues with 6 factions.
5 Mar 2015, 02:46 AM

Did nobody play DoW? Because this is starting to get depressing
5 Mar 2015, 03:30 AM

i don't see why everyone's so concered with the realism

we already have USF and soviet fighting alongside against a eastern front circa 1942-1943 faction and a western front circa 1944-1945 faction german factions.

why can't we be happy with alternetive timelines where france had great leadership as was able to field their tanks and infantry effectivly, why not have an italian faction which didn't turn tail and run at the sight of allies coming over the hills

why don't we have a japan faction, they could add melee into the game to make that faction all about shock and awe bayonet charges

why don't they have a commonwealth afrika faction with 1943-1944 tanks? just equip everything else like they would've been in the afrika campaign
5 Mar 2015, 04:04 AM

Um .... And where is the option of the USSR against Japan?
As the developers say - this game will focus on the Eastern Front.
Well, give me a new Red Army.
5 Mar 2015, 04:05 AM

Um .... And where is the option of the USSR against Japan?
As the developers say - this game will focus on the Eastern Front.
Well, give me a new Red Army.

It would be so stupidly lopsided as to be comical. Yeah little 45mm light tanks facing off against IS2's and '3s.
5 Mar 2015, 04:15 AM

It would be so stupidly lopsided as to be comical. Yeah little 45mm light tanks facing off against IS2's and '3s.

I and many others have argued in favor of the viability of the Japanese faction.
5 Mar 2015, 04:23 AM

Germany maintained a high K/D ration throughout the war and saw wins an losses. Most German tanks and allied tanks could spare off against one another.

This is what happened when the Soviet Union finally went to war with Japan, which lasted 11 days in total:

Soviets losses:
9,726 KIA/MIA
24,425 WIA

Japanese losses:
83,737 KIA
640,276 POWs

A KV-1 would be like a King Tiger to the Japanese army.
5 Mar 2015, 04:26 AM

Man, just envisioning the desert rats/long range desert groups. you thought the clown car was dead and gone.

5 Mar 2015, 04:28 AM

A KV-1 would be like a King Tiger to the Japanese army.

And to put things in perspective; The KV-1 was the premier mainline Soviet Heavy Tank in 1939-1942

This was the mainline Soviet Heavy Tank when facing off against the Japanese

FEED ME FASCIST SCUM
5 Mar 2015, 04:41 AM

OHH THAT IS RAD. I WANT THAT IN MY LIFE!!!
5 Mar 2015, 05:09 AM

And to put things in perspective; The KV-1 was the premier mainline Soviet Heavy Tank in 1939-1942

This was the mainline Soviet Heavy Tank when facing off against the Japanese

FEED ME FASCIST SCUM

There's no definite proof that the IS-3 saw action in the Far East.

I like how you guys harp on about how inferior Japanese tanks are when the game isn't just about tanks. I still think Anti-tank lunge mines, amongst other things, would be an awesome thing to put into the game. The Japanese can have all kinds of infantry counters to tanks. Given how allied players are used to facing off against markedly superior tanks all the time (with terrible infantry AT, which the Japanese probably wouldn't have) I don't see how different it would be for Japanese players.

5 Mar 2015, 05:12 AM

There's no definite proof that the IS-3 saw action in the Far East.

I like how you guys harp on about how inferior Japanese tanks are when the game isn't just about tanks. I still think Anti-tank lunge mines, amongst other things, would be an awesome thing to put into the game. The Japanese can have all kinds of infantry counters to tanks. Given how allied players are used to facing off against markedly superior tanks all the time (with terrible infantry AT, which the Japanese probably wouldn't have) I don't see how different it would be for Japanese players.

The Japanese had horrible AT guns. Their premier AT gun was the equivalent on the 45mm one in Urban Defense Tactics.

And Allied infantry based AT is great the ZiS has only 10 less pen than the Pak40 but far more utility and less fragility. With take aim the USF AT gun can sight for itself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
Germany 853
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak