both howitzers should get a huge range buff: low mobility, high range
mortar: high mobility,short range

and 120mm somewhere between
3 Mar 2015, 03:18 AM

Permanently Banned
Its hit or miss

I wouldnt get it, better to get a scott howie
3 Mar 2015, 11:40 AM

Pack howitzer is useless, whole captain tier is pointless.

Possible changes: Pack howitzer barrage cooldown from 45 to 25. Range from 80 to 100.

Stuart hp from 320 to 400. Bazooka pen buff.
3 Mar 2015, 22:16 PM

Everybody who says it's UP please watch this replay.

I managed to get 30+ kills on that thing, getting it up to Vet 3.

What do you guys expect from it? An atomic bomb that wipes on every shot? It supplies constant pressure on your opponent and is constantly bleeding & reducing the health of the units.
It could use a price reduction + the reinforcement costs have to be fixed but other than that it's fine.
3 Mar 2015, 22:23 PM
Patrion 14

hmm. at least some people are having success with it.

i guess i'll keep using it and see what it happens.
3 Mar 2015, 22:30 PM

Everybody who says it's UP please watch this replay.

I managed to get 30+ kills on that thing, getting it up to Vet 3.

What do you guys expect from it? An atomic bomb that wipes on every shot? It supplies constant pressure on your opponent and is constantly bleeding & reducing the health of the units.
It could use a price reduction + the reinforcement costs have to be fixed but other than that it's fine.

Stuart is shitty but sometimes you can get 30 kills with it.
SU76 is pure shit but sometimes it can wipe few squads.
Stug is almost useless but sometimes it can deal with IS2.
And on...
and on...
and on...

Few games won't make unit good.
3 Mar 2015, 22:34 PM

Both the ISG and Pack Howi need some love. Both should do more damage at a greater range, but neither should have auto fire.
3 Mar 2015, 22:55 PM
Patrion 14

If you reduce the cost, he needs to be nerf at vet 2-3. He is cheat at these veterancy. Actually he is useless because he cost 500mp at good only at vet 2. But if he cost like 240 mp, he become cheat.

The current veterancy bonuses after the last change are as follows:

vet 1: gains phosporous barrage
vet 2: the barrage (not the autofire) will use heat rounds. The barrage shoots 3 shots. Before the change it used to have it on autofire, this is no longer the case.
vet 3: +33% range to all abilities; -30% recharge on abilities (as far as I could tell, it doesn't get a range increase on the auto attack)

In summation: the howitzer doesn't gain any vet abilities that would improve the auto attack. Finding something to nerf is going to be a bit of a challenge ;)

It is a good unit, albeit maybe overpriced.

3 Mar 2015, 23:14 PM

Both the ISG and Pack Howi need some love. Both should do more damage at a greater range, but neither should have auto fire.
I could go for a actually good barrage even if it meant no autofire. They are supposed to be mini howitzers not half baked mortars. USF really needs a form of non-doctrinal barrage anyway, since they lack any sort of rocket artillery.
3 Mar 2015, 23:20 PM

I don't have a problem with the Howitzer, just need a man power reduction.
3 Mar 2015, 23:20 PM

It should be something that rewards skill and intelligent use of barrage. Not something that just sits behind your lines wiping squads with out any effort.

The Vet ability for the ISG should be flare rounds or some sort of scouting thing. I leave it up to everyone else to figure out what the Pack Howi's vet ability should be.
3 Mar 2015, 23:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge

It should be something that rewards skill and intelligent use of barrage. Not something that just sits behind your lines wiping squads with out any effort.

The Vet ability for the ISG should be flare rounds or some sort of scouting thing. I leave it up to everyone else to figure out what the Pack Howi's vet ability should be.

Could just make the WP rounds free and increase its number of shells to give an incentive on using it over the regular barrage which can gib infantry, especially since WP rounds cause the weapon to fire in a high angle arc after the first shot due to lack of LOS.
4 Mar 2015, 00:25 AM
Patrion 27

I have been testing.

Pros:
High damage
Long range
Good vs. both infantry and vehicles
In a faction with tons of scouting, vision and artillery support

Cons:
High cost and upkeep
Slow aim and ROF
Low mobility
Slow to vet

I think Pack Howitzer performance is quite good right now and if it receives any buffs a conservative cost reduction from 480 to 450 or an aggressive one like 400 or 420 (err day) will be more than adequate to make it "viable."

Inversely (hehe) the ISG has a reasonable cost and terrible performance.
4 Mar 2015, 00:56 AM

To all those people who say it's underperforming: I don't know what you are talking about. I find it very annoying to play against. I play mostly Ostheer (i.e. 4 men in all my units), and this thing kills 2-4 entities with every other shot. On so many occasions, moving(!) full-health squads of mine were insta-wiped, even after the patch. I am always unsettled when I hear it fire.
4 Mar 2015, 01:01 AM
Benefactor 115

its a very YMMV unit. Performance can range from squad wipe-tastic to ashtray on a motorbike status.
4 Mar 2015, 01:11 AM

make sure youre direct firing with this thing as much as possible (theres a clear shot from you to your target). its really really really bad when shooting over stuff because the projectile speed is insanely slow
4 Mar 2015, 01:21 AM

make sure youre direct firing with this thing as much as possible (theres a clear shot from you to your target). its really really really bad when shooting over stuff because the projectile speed is insanely slow

So use it like the Scott basically?
4 Mar 2015, 01:30 AM
Patrion 27

So use it like the Scott basically?

The only difference between the Pack Howitzer and the M8 Scott is one is on wheels and the other is on a Stuart chassis. They are both the same M116 75mm howitzer which is represented surprisingly well in game. Here's one mounted on an M3
Pack Howi forgoes mobility for heavy damage and AOE with its HE barrage while Scott gets all of the benefits of being a vehicle, smoke barrage for infantry tactics and good accuracy.
4 Mar 2015, 02:27 AM

The only difference between the Pack Howitzer and the M8 Scott is one is on wheels and the other is on a Stuart chassis. They are both the same M116 75mm howitzer which is represented surprisingly well in game. Here's one mounted on an M3
Pack Howi forgoes mobility for heavy damage and AOE with its HE barrage while Scott gets all of the benefits of being a vehicle, smoke barrage for infantry tactics and good accuracy.
But that's a problem. Both have the same role yet one does it way better.
4 Mar 2015, 03:55 AM
Patrion 27

Pros and cons. Scott is extremely vulnerable to AT of the lightest variety.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★