Login

russian armor

(Infiltration) Grenades against buildings

27 Feb 2015, 14:57 PM

Permanently Banned

OMG HE GOT INTO HOUSES, FLAK HT SCHNELL, NVM HE GOT AT GUN ALRDY :guyokay:

its not a l2p issue for the okw player. you fail to understand that you shouldnt be forced to tech a specific building and buy a fuel based vehicle (as a fuel starved faction) to counter one of the most basics mechanics in this game. There should be an option similar to those that the other factions have.

Sturms.
27 Feb 2015, 15:00 PM

Sturms.

Serious answer pls?

Play OKW at a decent skill level (1v1) and get to reality.
27 Feb 2015, 15:08 PM

Permanently Banned

Serious answer pls?

Play OKW at a decent skill level (1v1) and get to reality.

LOL.

Learn to use sturms
27 Feb 2015, 15:14 PM

LOL.

Learn to use sturms

ok will do.

will you stop your biased whining on these forums in the meanwhile?
27 Feb 2015, 15:15 PM

LOL.

Learn to use sturms

Sturm as counter garrison? Get some tea from your drunken state, scrub,
27 Feb 2015, 15:17 PM

Permanently Banned

ok will do.

will you stop your biased whining on these forums in the meanwhile?

Baised? OK

Lets talk sbout a faction that ACTUALLY struggles with garrisons

For ost getting rifles out of buildings is far more challenging.

Flamers can easily be focused and die. Sturms can easily clear buildings

In the mean time. can you stop assuming shit plz?
27 Feb 2015, 15:18 PM

You know, MGs can only shoot out of one window at a time.

If the MG is shooting at, say, a volks squad out one side, a sturmpioneer squad can just walk up any of the blindspots and close to within 10 meters. After that the MG will die pretty quickly.
27 Feb 2015, 15:19 PM

Dumbest logic ive ever heared.

So if i see a KT. i shouldnt go t4 for jacksons? by ur logic, i shoulndt be forced to tech to jacksons

If i see p47's i shouldnt go Flak HT to shoot them down? By ur logic, i shouldnt have to get a flak HT

If i see snipers, i shouldnt rush a luchs or scout car? By ur logic i shouldnt have to do this

If i see maxim sapm i shouldnt go stuka? By ur logic, i should just let the maxims gain vet

If i see con spam, i shouldnt get an mg? By, ur logic i should just let the cons overwhelm me

Sorry to burst ur bubble. But this is how this game works

Actually it not how the game works, how you respond to a threat is your choice, some factions have more than one answer so do not, but for such a basic game mechanic as already stated you should not have to go to such a level. so lets try this.

1.No you're not forced to, but it is the obvious choice.
2.No again Flak HT is not your only option so again you're not being forced to.
3.No you have other options so very many in fact, that again your not forced to.
4.No this is not your only counter to maxim spam you have many other options.
5.No again this is not your only option, you have many counters, and by well known fact an mg in CoH2 would be one of the stupidest things to get. A complete waste of MP.

So for the question at hand if your opponent is entering every building possible at the start of engagements in the early game with the most basic of units should you be FORCED to pick a tier to counter that?

FYI By your logic, basically all OKW build orders should be flat lined to rely on FLAK HT if there is even one house on the map. Which logic sounds stupider now?
27 Feb 2015, 15:23 PM

Baised? OK

Lets talk sbout a faction that ACTUALLY struggles with garrisons

For ost getting rifles out of buildings is far more challenging.

Flamers can easily be focused and die. Sturms can easily clear buildings

In the mean time. can you stop assuming shit plz?

Mortar, flamers, snipers and long range based Gren, all are early units, I gonna get more popcorns for your joke.
27 Feb 2015, 16:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I mean isnt it stupid that most buildings are down on the EF after the first grenades are thrown. I know how to dodge grenades adn i probably shoiuldnt have mentioned infiltration grenades to avoide all this tired okw balance debate but houses should survive longer than 1 grenade
27 Feb 2015, 16:25 PM

The really silly thing I find is that the wooden buildings only have something like 1/5-1/6 health of most other buildings in the game. Ideally it should be closer to 1/2 possibly 1/3.
27 Feb 2015, 16:29 PM

Infiltration grenades are fine when you consider how long they take to throw compared to say the guards grenade which will decrew an MG 95% of the time. Not to mention they are doctrinal and the only reliable early/mid game counter to garrisons OKW have, if you can't micro your con squad out while the volks all stop shooting and enter the rather obvious throwing animation then you deserve to get taken out with the building.

Sov/US also have demo charges which will instantly one shot wooden houses with the units inside without warning, I don't see any threads going up about that.
27 Feb 2015, 16:36 PM

Permanently Banned

FYI By your logic, basically all OKW build orders should be flat lined to rely on FLAK HT if there is even one house on the map. Which logic sounds stupider now?

FYI By your logic, basically all OKW build orders shouldnt require any thouhgt process at all. Which logic sounds stupider now?

By ur logic "forced" isnt incentive enough to do.

So if maxims are in buidlings. Ur not "forced" to go for infiltration grenades. By ur logic u have "tons of other options". EI AA Fucking Halftrack
27 Feb 2015, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 16:29 PMRollo
Infiltration grenades are fine when you consider how long they take to throw compared to say the guards grenade which will decrew an MG 95% of the time. Not to mention they are doctrinal and the only reliable early/mid game counter to garrisons OKW have, if you can't micro your con squad out while the volks all stop shooting and enter the rather obvious throwing animation then you deserve to get taken out with the building.

Sov/US also have demo charges which will instantly one shot wooden houses with the units inside without warning, I don't see any threads going up about that.

*honk honk*

show playercard
27 Feb 2015, 16:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 16:29 PMRollo

Or maybe the conscripts should die in the building but the building could survive. and there is a noticeably difference between 90 and 10 munitions
27 Feb 2015, 17:19 PM

You can oohra for the same price as a squad wipe :foreveralone:
27 Feb 2015, 17:26 PM

there is a noticeably difference between 90 and 10 munitions

Americans and Sov float muni compared to OKW so it's not really comparable, 90 muni for guaranteed squad wipe as US is nothing.
27 Feb 2015, 17:32 PM

They just need to cost more.
27 Feb 2015, 17:40 PM

Do they also work while pinned?

yes theyre the only ability in the game that works while pinned >.< I'm hoping its more of a bug than a design decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayRYuwNBR4Y
27 Feb 2015, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 17:26 PMRollo

Americans and Sov float muni compared to OKW so it's not really comparable, 90 muni for guaranteed squad wipe as US is nothing.

Why exactly would you float more? you can get bars and throw grenades or upgrade fighting positions. There is only one time, and only if you are using one of two commanders to float that much and use 90 munitions all the time. This is if you forgo all those great things to place demos as your primary squad wiping mechanic.

Soviets your argument has more weight, but at the end of the day how else are you supposed to deal with powerful long ranged infantry with nothing equivalent? Guards are terrible, squad wipes with mines and demos are the only method available in every Soviet game.

If Soviets had access to super long ranged infantry or upgrade able DP's, Demos would still be used but they would be much rarer since now you can dump munitions to give your infantry a good fighting chance.

Lastly, its not a guaranteed squad wipe. For that to happen, two things must occur: player using it is paying attention and has sight or good guess work, and you have to have your squad pretty much on top of the demo. This means that while devastating in many situations they are nothing more than mines, it is your fault if a demo obliterates half your army or a squad because you did not take the extra time to try and avoid it.

Pro tip on how to avoid many demos: when capturing NEVER click directly on the point and do not cap from the side you are expected on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★