Login

russian armor

Would a voice chat option improve COH2 team experience ?

25 Feb 2015, 14:04 PM

Good day fellow Generals !

I recently returned to Mechwarrior online (MWO) and found they had added a simple push to talk voice chat function using the teamspeak SDK to their team game format.

Surprisingly, it was very useful and people were rather polite (shy), more polite then when only text chat was available.

So i'm wandering if such an option would make COH2 team play a better experience ?

A simple implementation using the Teamspeak SDK as i see it :

- Push to talk option only.
- You can talk only to team's member.
- Option to squelch someone. (to mute someone)
- A simple way to see who is talking.

Surly it would help to improve team (2vs2+) random automatch gamplay, especially the allies side who need a lot of coordination.

Would it help or not the game gameplay format and why ?
What do you think ?

It's not a poll, so please elaborate.

Thank you in advance.

Long live to COH2, the king of all team RTS !

25 Feb 2015, 14:26 PM

Actually, the king of team RTS is easily the Wargame series, you can't argue with 10v10s :P

Decent idea, but I'd want it to be dead easy to switch off if someone was being dumb.
25 Feb 2015, 14:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Doesn't Steam have its own VoIP feature? I think it would be nice, but ONLY if there is a mute option.
25 Feb 2015, 14:29 PM
Benefactor 355

Nice idea. In AT games it would make sense but for random team games I personally don't think it would work in coh2 because we are scum.
25 Feb 2015, 14:33 PM

It would, since coordination is key to Teamgames, like you said. Wether or not it would be accepted and used in a good manner is another thing completly.

You have to keep in mind, that the general learning courve in CoH2 is harsh. You need quite some time, experience and luck to get to the meta.

high four- to five-digit Rank players often fail at the very basics and voicechat whould not make it any better i fear, but be a rather disappointing experience often.

Beeing able to coordinate with your teammate would certainly add a lot in randoms, but after people have aquierred basic knowledge about their game.

Kinda Off-topic:
25 Feb 2015, 14:46 PM

For me it depends on 2 things:

1) Are there many russian players who would use the voip feature?

2) Can I mute them ?
25 Feb 2015, 15:05 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Vile language invised

Back to topic

25 Feb 2015, 15:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

With a mute option? Yeah sure.
nee
25 Feb 2015, 17:28 PM

Defeats the purpose of the gardening feature, especially if most people use voice specifically to circumvent the filter.

Not to say it's a bad idea, or that Relic would never go back on their word or pull another dumb stunt that conflicts with established precedence. I just don't have confidence that they'll pull it properly, ie mute button.
25 Feb 2015, 17:41 PM

Doesn't Steam have its own VoIP feature? I think it would be nice, but ONLY if there is a mute option.

Yes, but you need to "friend" them first.

It would, since coordination is key to Teamgames, like you said. Wether or not it would be accepted and used in a good manner is another thing completly.

You have to keep in mind, that the general learning courve in CoH2 is harsh. You need quite some time, experience and luck to get to the meta.

high four- to five-digit Rank players often fail at the very basics and voicechat whould not make it any better i fear, but be a rather disappointing experience often.

Beeing able to coordinate with your teammate would certainly add a lot in randoms, but after people have aquierred basic knowledge about their game.

Kinda Off-topic:

To your spoiler, I would rather see an in game chat function during the loading state, so you could do that early planning prior to launch.

25 Feb 2015, 17:41 PM

100% sure each of us would know a lot of new about ourselves.
25 Feb 2015, 18:46 PM
Donator 11

Random teams would not use it and arranged teams already have their own teamspeak. It would be kinda nice to have it i guess but there are so much higher priority trainwrecks in coh2 to work on than missing voip.
25 Feb 2015, 18:47 PM
Donator 11

You have to keep in mind, that the general learning courve in CoH2 is harsh.

Erh what? I can't see an RTS being any easier to learn than coh. Try Silent Hunter 3 if you want harsh learning curve.
25 Feb 2015, 21:20 PM

Wouldnt change anything, but I guess relic could add it nonetheless
25 Feb 2015, 21:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

ill say it again (like i did in a similar thread) Only if i can mute it if i can't then i don't want it.

to expand ive actually played a few games where you can't turn vc off very annoying. :(
25 Feb 2015, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 21:22 PMWiFiDi
ill say it agian i guess only if i can mute it if i can't then i don't want it.

A mute option is mandatory. ( as it was suggested in the first post.)

Thanks for your comments !
25 Feb 2015, 21:29 PM

Would be fun in 1v1s...c'mon it would...
25 Feb 2015, 21:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thing is if you could just mute then what would be the point. People that dont like taking advice or orders would just constantly have others muted.

People that speak a different language...well honestly I dont want to hear a bunch of random Spanish/Korean/Japanese yelling because I didn't move my MG up in time to support or something..I can barely stand it when people ping the hell out of the map and type on that chat.

And like people have said already,if its an Assembled team then they are already voice chatting with eachother.

Also dont think relic would even take the time to implement this.
25 Feb 2015, 21:55 PM

It's archaic not to have the choice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight