Login

russian armor

Should Reward Units make a come-back?

25 Feb 2015, 04:12 AM

But I didn't just say " if you played the game you'd understand". When I point out units like the P4 in the first post, and T3...what does Ost T3 mean to you? To me it means StuG, Ostwind, and P4...with the core unit being P4...Soviet T3...core unit being the 76..

So now at your behest I have to explain why P4s and T-34/76s are not competitive? I'm sorry but that is beyond the scope of this thread and there are plenty of other discussions being had on the subject. "What is to be done with Ostheer" is a good one, take a look there if you want to sort of get the background. Alternatively go 1v1 as Ostheer and try T3 out and tell me how it feels.

It was just an opinion poll on rewards units and whether people would like the idea, not necessarily getting into the nitty gritty of what exactly to implement. Really didn't want to derail that by talking about how T3 is weak right now for Ost/SU, despite that being the premise.
25 Feb 2015, 04:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge

thread has been cleaned out please lets not derail threads in the name of "name-calling" and offotpic conversation. (thats what pm's, shoutbox, and scrap yard is for.) I think we can find a nicer way to point out that you disagree with someones behavior, perhaps use the word rude? Hopefully you guys can work out whatever differences you have just preferably not all over the website. :)

/back on topic
25 Feb 2015, 05:21 AM
Patrion 28

here is your music

on the topic of the thread:
i don't think they should be added but not for the reason on the poll and thus haven't voted yet. the unit presented in the game each fill a specific role (something that causes problems with soviets in particular and USF because they're designed not to have all options available.) and removing units, even if they're swapped for another unit, just creates more balance problems, something relic itself to be poor at dealing with. I'm not against the idea of adding an additional unit to each faction from a selection but if it's done it should not replace an existing unit. that said, i don't think it's needed, that's basically what doctrines do.

bare in mind that i have not played CoH.
25 Feb 2015, 06:17 AM

relic doesn't add content, so it doesn't matter
25 Feb 2015, 09:56 AM

The commander system is perfectly adequate for adding new units and makes it easier to balance them with the army.

Adding new units to the stock armies is much harder to balance as you have to consider every single commander in.combination. There is a lot more chance for OP combinations.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 79
Poland 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment