Login

russian armor

PSA - USF AA HT vs CAS

19 Feb 2015, 17:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

the AT 1 shots most things, Sometimes depending on the RNG, CAS will not 1 shot a B4 leaving it at less than 10% health. (Pretty rare)

Chances -of missing- are higher if you hit it from the sides, but if you put the strafe along the Howitzers, it's almost guaranteed.
19 Feb 2015, 17:26 PM

I play 4vs4 with a team of friends all the time (allies factions), we win, we lose, but it rather our skill or the skill of the opposite side that matter the most.

Balance is rather ok to have fun with arranged team. The real problem is automatching with strangers and game play diversity.

For automatching :For the moment, there is not any real solution except building your own team and practice.

What hurt the most in team game is gameplay diversity or/and cheese tactics abuse.

Some combination of tactics or units tend to be redundant. We all understand that to win anything is fine. But those fine tactics lead to repetitive gameplay a.k.a watching the same movie again and again. Not very entertaining. A cheese win is fine sometime but a cheese win every match is boring for everyone.

A possible solution : Add or modify some commanders so there is a greater variety of «best» tactics to win.

Units/commanders while maintaining some balance must favor and reward innovative and sound gameplay.

Long live to COH2, the king of all team RTS.

:)
19 Feb 2015, 18:15 PM
Patrion 14

what is "PSA" anyway?

and i really hope relic "balance" (not necessarily too op i guess, but so not fun, so cheesey) this steaming hot turd of a commander on next balance patch.
19 Feb 2015, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 18:15 PMpigsoup
what is "PSA" anyway?

and i really hope relic "balance" (not necessarily too op i guess, but so not fun, so cheesey) this steaming hot turd of a commander on next balance patch.

Public Service Announcement, and why is this commander any more cheesy than any other? It's one of Ostheer's lost few all round good commanders. It's also unique with no call in bullshit.
19 Feb 2015, 18:33 PM
Patrion 14

Public Service Announcement, and why is this commander any more cheesy than any other? It's one of Ostheer's lost few all round good commanders. It's also unique with no call in bullshit.

not counter-able skillplanez single click insta pin, insta gib armour/arty, cause planes to crash over your enemies if they try to counter etc etc isn't cheese? isn't bullshit?

i like its uniqueness, not its bullshitiness.

also, i am sorry ostheer is underpowered in 1v1 but that is not a good argument.

the supposed draw back of armour is hugely negated in 2v2 and practically non existent in 3v3+.
19 Feb 2015, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 18:33 PMpigsoup

not counter-able skillplanez single click insta pin, insta gib armour/arty, cause planes to crash over your enemies if they try to counter etc etc isn't cheese? isn't bullshit?

i like its uniqueness, not its bullshitiness.

also, i am sorry ostheer is underpowered in 1v1 but that is not a good argument.

the supposed draw back of armour is hugely negated in 2v2 and as well as be just non existent in 3v3+.

You have no late game armor which is a killer, and Ostheer isn't very good in any game mode dude. In 3v3's and 4v4's the amount of super high dps units on the field basically relegate Ostheer to being a support faction.

It focuses more on smart use of planes and converting to munitions so you can use more grenades/abilities which is a lot more fun than armor spam. But I agree plane crashes are stupid.
19 Feb 2015, 19:52 PM
Patrion 14

You have no late game armor which is a killer, and Ostheer isn't very good in any game mode dude. In 3v3's and 4v4's the amount of super high dps units on the field basically relegate Ostheer to being a support faction.

It focuses more on smart use of planes and converting to munitions so you can use more grenades/abilities which is a lot more fun than armor spam. But I agree plane crashes are stupid.

i have no idea why you think ostheer isn't good in any game mode. they take support role because they fit into support role much better than okw due to ost actually having support weapons and the fact that they are really cost efficient.

no armour is a huge penalty in 1v1 i get that. but in 2v2+, not at all. one panther can make several t34s and shermans think twice before being bold. in 3v3+, one axis player not having any armours is not a problem lolz.

for that reason, this commander does not promote "smart use of planes and converting to munitions" in 2v2+. it let you shit muni and spam skillplanez so easy to use that even a chimp can do it.
19 Feb 2015, 20:06 PM

OK I guess ppl now will complain plane crash even more, see if relic will finally fix this caner lasts 2 years
19 Feb 2015, 23:34 PM

Chances -of missing- are higher if you hit it from the sides, but if you put the strafe along the Howitzers, it's almost guaranteed.

Yes i do know that but i have had it fail on weird angles.
Trees or buildings can sometimes block the AT strafe's approach as well.
20 Feb 2015, 00:16 AM

CAS is such a bullshit commander in 3 v 3+ I swear. But, I like that AA HT tip though, but you would have to sacrifice 60 fuel and pop caps AND fight Axis hordes of heavies and shreks....
20 Feb 2015, 01:35 AM

Time to release the USF Air Superiority commander with the Loitering AA Strafe for only $4.99.....
20 Feb 2015, 02:14 AM

Once the Strafes start coming in or the recon plan passes by EVERYTHING must disperse including the AA HT, high priority targets for the CAS will be the AA HT or the major retreat point. Just get in the habit of repositioning everything once a recon flight happens. I dont have issues with the strafes, I have issues with the stupid LMG and PG blobs that steam roll my infantry and mgs, and make my sherman go up in flames instantly from 3x PG shrek volley....
20 Feb 2015, 02:38 AM
Patrion 15

Tried using the AA ht in AA mode the other day, was destroyed by anti tank strafe run from CAS. Player simply called in spotter which the AA ht targeted than Stuka AT strafe. Also, as noted, the planes shoot before they enter the map so they cannot be shot down. And shooting them down makes them crash on your own lines.

Air abilities are too good right now, especially stuka AT strafe in all forms. If anything Allies should have tons more air abilities.

Air abilities are no doubt frustrating and not very fun to deal with, but I don't think they are imbalanced. You sacrifice a lot as Ostheer to go for this commander, as you have no Tiger, and if you decide to spam the abilities you will be converting fuel to munitions. Being able to build one unit to counter a players entire commander choice would be pretty lame... almost as lame as the whole commander v commander strategic mechanic. (CAS v on map arty, Spearhead v SU FHQ etc etc)

Being pigeonholed into a commander choice in order to deal with your opponents commander limits your options and discourages choosing commanders that require an immediate investment like Ostruppen. It's just bad design. It would be totally fine if commanders were free and we had access to all of them at once, as that would really open the playing field up, but as it stands now...it's just bad.
20 Feb 2015, 04:07 AM

Air abilities are no doubt frustrating and not very fun to deal with, but I don't think they are imbalanced. You sacrifice a lot as Ostheer to go for this commander, as you have no Tiger, and if you decide to spam the abilities you will be converting fuel to munitions. Being able to build one unit to counter a players entire commander choice would be pretty lame... almost as lame as the whole commander v commander strategic mechanic. (CAS v on map arty, Spearhead v SU FHQ etc etc)

Being pigeonholed into a commander choice in order to deal with your opponents commander limits your options and discourages choosing commanders that require an immediate investment like Ostruppen. It's just bad design. It would be totally fine if commanders were free and we had access to all of them at once, as that would really open the playing field up, but as it stands now...it's just bad.

This pretty much sums it up.

CAS to stop B4
Stuka to stop FHQ
TA / Ele to stop Jackson spam
251/17 to stop P47 spam (or hulldown ostwind)

Same stuff different day.
20 Feb 2015, 08:40 AM
Patrion 28

Once the Strafes start coming in or the recon plan passes by EVERYTHING must disperse including the AA HT, high priority targets for the CAS will be the AA HT or the major retreat point. Just get in the habit of repositioning everything once a recon flight happens. I dont have issues with the strafes, I have issues with the stupid LMG and PG blobs that steam roll my infantry and mgs, and make my sherman go up in flames instantly from 3x PG shrek volley....

I was playing one game before WFA on lazur where i hid a sniper in the ruble and used him to spot. the enemy kept parking katys in the same area and i kept blowing them up with the single pass stuka CAS. that's also where i found out that, at least at that point, a single pass stuka CAS will not destroy 2 katys, it leaves the second one with 10 hp.
22 Feb 2015, 00:17 AM
Patrion 14

I tried this in a very abusive 2v2 (CAS and Luft support) and the only thing it did was shoot down the plane after the strafe or flamedrop with the airplane then crashing and wiping one of my squads :D.

I even used my jackson crew to have it at vet 1. It was also on the same line as my other tanks (not behind somewhere).

It's a rather unreliable counter that potently makes the CAS strafes even more deadly due to the immense damage the crashing plane causes. If the aoe and damage of crashing planes were reduced it might improve the viability of the counter. Or maybe I was just unlucky that all planes only got shot down after they already did what they came for (the map was Semois, a rather small map with short reaction time when it comes to dodging strafes).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 12
unknown 5
Netherlands 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak