Login

russian armor

Relic PLS stop the BLOBS

19 Feb 2015, 04:43 AM

When did this get to be about the axis? Ameri-Soviet blobs are boring and awful too.

I loved this game most in open beta, when the game rounds were shorter and crewed weapons were the most important part of a balanced breakfast.

EDIT: Ending popgun fights was pretty sweet tho.
19 Feb 2015, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 04:43 AMjoebill
When did this get to be about the axis? Ameri-Soviet blobs are boring and awful too.

Because OKW blob > USF blob > Soviet blob .

No skill? No experience? No micro? Don't wory, you still have a chance to win in COH2. Pick one infantry unit type which is not totally meh and spam it.
After reading that phrase above, you all probably think that I hate blobs. I don't. They are counterable. But everybody needs a chance. Exploit everything the game let you exploit. 'Game allows it? Then it's fair. So blob the shit out of your opponent boys! ;)
19 Feb 2015, 11:29 AM
Donator 11

What soviet blob are guy talkning about? The one which got blown up by Walking Stuka or the one which got wiped by ober blob?
19 Feb 2015, 13:44 PM

Modifiers like that would also punish someone who has 3 squads microed behind cover that just happen to be too close to each other. It also punishes a 3-way flank on one location when the units get close enough as they close in. Modifiers are generally a bad idea.

The problem with blobs are that the counters are not effective enough (MG suppression) and that they are too effective at taking counters out due to lmgs (lmgs might need to be toned down because they decrew MGs before getting suppressed) and (mainly for okw) schrecks.

I would suggest a similar thing to what Cruzz did in his mod: change the effective range of lmgs to not the max distance of the gun but bellow that and make the damage drop after that point (though I'd argue that it should drop more than it doess in Kappatch at the moment). That way a-moving a lmg blob is far less effective.

I don't think you quite understand my suggestion. I stated "Relic should institute a modifier on infantry of 3 squads or more moving in unison outside of cover."

Moving in unison outside of cover means that the squads are out in the open and moving in the exact same direction (a-moving). In that case it would not effect units who are strategically positioned in cover. I also really don't see how this would effect flanks as the squads are spread out and moving in from different directions.

You are correct, the problem with blobs are that the counters are not effective enough. Institute this modifier and they now become effective without them becoming OP when used against a single squad. You're suggestion seems to revolve around one thing: MG crews being decrewed by LMGs. That is a problem but if you increase suppression alone the blobs will just come back over and over again from different directions until they find a flank. Nerfing LMGs in fine but it doesn't address shrek/bazooka blobs.
19 Feb 2015, 16:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't think you quite understand my suggestion. I stated "Relic should institute a modifier on infantry of 3 squads or more moving in unison outside of cover."

Won't work pass the 15min mark, when there is plenty of yellow cover in the form of craters.
19 Feb 2015, 16:52 PM

What soviet blob are guy talkning about? The one which got blown up by Walking Stuka or the one which got wiped by ober blob?

Walking stuka isn't a blob counter, it's a indirect fire unit effective against buildings/entrenched positions, blobs are to fast for it to work unless you catch them in an alley way or they are suppressed and the person forgot to press the retreat button
19 Feb 2015, 17:17 PM

Walking stuka isn't a blob counter, it's a indirect fire unit effective against buildings/entrenched positions, blobs are to fast for it to work unless you catch them in an alley way or they are suppressed and the person forgot to press the retreat button

So B4 is perfect counter against blobs (you said that countless times) but Stuka zu fuss with a way bigger AoE is not counter?
19 Feb 2015, 17:25 PM

So B4 is perfect counter against blobs (you said that countless times) but Stuka zu fuss with a way bigger AoE is not counter?

Are you joking? A stuka shell has to hit the target dead on to do damage, a B4 shell doesn't even need to hit near a blob to kill several squads.

the 203 shell explosion is the biggest one in the game
19 Feb 2015, 17:32 PM

Are you joking? A stuka shell has to hit the target dead on to do damage, a B4 shell doesn't even need to hit near a blob to kill several squads.

the 203 shell explosion is the biggest one in the game

B4 radius is huge, 10 but there are high chances to miss, since it's one shell.
Stuka radius is also huge, 8.0 and what's more, you have a HUGE LINE so even in first 2-3 shells miss, rest can hit. You can't say that about B4. If you will it's wasted shot.
Missing with Stuka is really hard. You always catch something.
19 Feb 2015, 17:43 PM

B4 radius is huge, 10 but there are high chances to miss, since it's one shell.
Stuka radius is also huge, 8.0 and what's more, you have a HUGE LINE so even in first 2-3 shells miss, rest can hit. You can't say that about B4. If you will it's wasted shot.
Missing with Stuka is really hard. You always catch something.

No you won't because the Stuka A. has a extremely distinct firing sound, and B. Fires in a very easy to predict line.

You would need to be deaf to get hit by it, or caught suppressed in which case you retreat the minute you hear it fire.

The time it takes for the Stuka rockets to impact is enough time to move any allied support weapon in the game.
19 Feb 2015, 17:51 PM

No you won't because the Stuka A. has a extremely distinct firing sound, and B. Fires in a very easy to predict line.

You would need to be deaf to get hit by it, or caught suppressed in which case you retreat the minute you hear it fire.

The time it takes for the Stuka rockets to impact is enough time to move any allied support weapon in the game.

OK, Im done. If hitting with Stuka (which has larger area) is more difficult than B4 which has only 1 shell, Im just done.
19 Feb 2015, 17:54 PM

OK, Im done. If hitting with Stuka (which has larger area) is more difficult than B4 which has only 1 shell, Im just done.

The B4 has a bigger AoE than fucking rail way artillery which is the most obvious artillery call in, in the game!

The Stuka is also very very obvious, while also being 100 fuel. It's a great unit don't get me wrong, but it's a expensive unit that's made useless by good micro. It also vets up very slow, as it is a 100 fuel units hitting cheap infantry almost all the time, similar to the Sturmtiger.
19 Feb 2015, 18:07 PM

Ignore him, he thinks B4 is the best unit Allies have in all regards and players will always select B4 in EVERY situation. On the topic, ShrekOber blob > Rifle Blob and notice how they are only form two armies just released in WFA, overhaul is needed it Relic!
19 Feb 2015, 18:15 PM

Ignore him, he thinks B4 is the best unit Allies have in all regards and players will always select B4 in EVERY situation. On the topic, ShrekOber blob > Rifle Blob and notice how they are only form two armies just released in WFA, overhaul is needed it Relic!

I don't think they should go it every time, but it is the most effective blob counter in the game bar none. There are tons of cool Soviet commanders, the IS2 is one of WW2's coolest tanks, and T34 85's make quick work of almost any tank while easily annihilating enemy infantry!

Blobs suck, they really do, I don't like them. Nobody does! But blob counters do exist and Allies have a fair amount of them while Axis kinda just has to make do with the few indirect fire units they have.

Blobs are a problem not matter the faction, it's just that Ostheer and OKW don't have the ability to make indirect fire units to counter them reliably. And I challenge you to see how long a person spam's ober when your one shotting them with you 120's and Scotts. Or showering the battlefield in body parts with your demos and Greyhounds!
19 Feb 2015, 18:34 PM

I don't think they should go it every time, but it is the most effective blob counter in the game bar none. There are tons of cool Soviet commanders, the IS2 is one of WW2's coolest tanks, and T34 85's make quick work of almost any tank while easily annihilating enemy infantry!

Blobs suck, they really do, I don't like them. Nobody does! But blob counters do exist and Allies have a fair amount of them while Axis kinda just has to make do with the few indirect fire units they have.

Blobs are a problem not matter the faction, it's just that Ostheer and OKW don't have the ability to make indirect fire units to counter them reliably. And I challenge you to see how long a person spam's ober when your one shotting them with you 120's and Scotts. Or showering the battlefield in body parts with your demos and Greyhounds!

Ok but the point is, stop saying B4 counters everything Axis has and it's OP because it's only one unit and situation oriented. I have killed blobs, KT, Jagds, Elephants and all Axis OP shits without using this commander (It took more micro and skills). Second, You don't HAVE to blob to win games as OKW. I won almost all my games by not blobbing because A) I can be aggressive by out capping B) limit indirect fire drain on my MP (As you mentioned Allies have the best) c) I don't have to mass retreat my squad, even my fully equipped 6 man Fusiliers.

Every game I play, I punish blobers extra hard by demos, kat or sherman crush. The only time I have a hard time against OKW is when a SKILLED player does not blob his units and moves his units tactically like myself.
19 Feb 2015, 18:39 PM

Ok but the point is, stop saying B4 counters everything Axis has and it's OP because it's only one unit and situation oriented. I have killed blobs, KT, Jagds, Elephants and all Axis OP shits without using this commander (It took more micro and skills). Second, You don't HAVE to blob to win games as OKW. I won almost all my games by not blobbing because A) I can be aggressive by out capping B) limit indirect fire drain on my MP (As you mentioned Allies have the best) c) I don't have to mass retreat my squad, even my fully equipped 6 man Fusiliers.

Every game I play, I punish blobers extra hard by demos, kat or sherman crush. The only time I have a hard time against OKW is when a SKILLED player does not blob his units and moves his units tactically like myself.

I don't blob as OKW either, but it's basically just a fall back for many players due to the broken way the faction was designed.

But yes we are in essentially violent agreement here.

Edit: And I adore my Sturmkittens (Which almost nobody seems to use these days), so many tears from players losing their AT walls
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 7
Korea, Republic Of 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak