Login

russian armor

P47

17 Feb 2015, 13:25 PM

OK so I haven't played CoH2 in some time but I would like to question this ability...

It seems to last a VERY long time and doesn't need line of sight to target?

It also seemed to kill infantry units in the surrounding area (granted they were repairing but still)

Has this been buffed recently or am I just going crazy??

http://www.coh2.org/replay/30990/p47
17 Feb 2015, 13:42 PM
Benefactor 115

It doesn't target infantry, of course it will damage it if it's around a tank and gets in the splash.
As soon as you see it drive away from the area and you should only take the first volley.
17 Feb 2015, 14:52 PM
Donator 11

The p-47 can be called OP but if you compare it to stuka strafe its trash. It is useful as it has a large area but I wouldnt call it op.
17 Feb 2015, 15:25 PM

It's perfect against super heavies, and other tanks if you disable them. In small maps (Langreskaya for example) it's kinda too powerful because it covers most of the map. It's a waste of muni when you have Blitzkrieg tactics.
17 Feb 2015, 21:55 PM

I think its OP and so is Stuka. They are dumb. If you are snared it gives 0 fucks about your Tanks HPs. They will die. Just used it on Kholdney and killed a full health Panther all by itself. There was simply nowhere to run...
17 Feb 2015, 22:37 PM

The bullshit part about it is that the planes will regularly attack outside their target zone, have lost far to many tanks to P47's due to driving literally all the way across the map to get out of the target area.
17 Feb 2015, 22:44 PM

The bullshit part about it is that the planes will regularly attack outside their target zone, have lost far to many tanks to P47's due to driving literally all the way across the map to get out of the target area.

If you were in the target zone on its first strafe it will track you no matter where you go. Hence why it follows the targets all the way across the map.
17 Feb 2015, 23:00 PM

If you were in the target zone on its first strafe it will track you no matter where you go. Hence why it follows the targets all the way across the map.

But it seems to only sometimes do that, Iv pulled tanks only slightly out of the target zone and the planes have just circled ahead crying for something to shoot at and then in other times I'll pull the tank all the way back to my own base and the planes just won't leave it alone.

I would be fine if it did more damage but only attacked in the target zone always,that way it's better at killing snared tanks but players who are paying attention enough to pull out of the attack zone will live.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★