Login

russian armor

Ostheer: What is to be done?

PAGES (19)down
28 Feb 2015, 22:05 PM

Permanently Banned

As for tellers i double pack them together lategame when i have muni.If i'm using muni conversion even more so.

Could you explain double packing? I thought that was taken out?
28 Feb 2015, 22:09 PM

Could you explain double packing? I thought that was taken out?

I place them side by side as close as possible ..don't know what was taken out.I have one shotted allied mediums this way.Their acceleration and force of first blast ensures dmg if undetected.But very muni intensive.
28 Feb 2015, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 10:46 AMKatitof

Since stupid and you seem to be very close friends:

Let me do advanced, university level math for you, because you might overheat in the process:

6.5-6.3=0.2

0.2=/=1

Reading stats, not for everyone, don't try this at home without parents over-watching you kids!

Oh, and accuracy is always the same, its the scatter, rate of fire and AoE profile that matters against infantry and P4 have that superior.

It's ROF is 1.0 Faster, try reading my posts next time. The scatter is only slightly different, the AoE profile is literally the same.

PIV = Better ROF, slightly better scatter, same AoE.

This makes sense, as the unit costs more.

EDIT: Just saw your post realizing what I meant. Thank you for apologizing Katitof, I appreciate it.
1 Mar 2015, 00:47 AM

Give Soviets the tank that costs more and is useful.
1 Mar 2015, 01:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Give Soviets the tank that costs more and is useful.

KV1 :megusta:
1 Mar 2015, 01:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2015, 01:00 AMTobis

KV1 :megusta:

> Penetrates nothing

"My KV-1 is doing nothing?"

Ostheer player, while using nothing but Panthers as tanks: "You're using it wrong, you're supposed to get SU-85 behind it, then it's good!"

And then you realize for all that fuel you could have gotten an ISU-152 or an IS-2 that's far superior in every way.

1 Mar 2015, 01:05 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

> Penetrates nothing

Ostheer player, while using nothing but Panthers as tanks: "You're using it wrong, you're supposed to get SU-85 behind it, then it's good!"

And then you realize for all that fuel you could have gotten an ISU-152 or an IS-2 that's far superior in every way.

Atleast it is better than the t-34/76.
1 Mar 2015, 01:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2015, 01:05 AMTobis

Atleast it is better than the t-34/76.

I'd rank SU-76 higher than the 76, at least it can barrage at long range and kill infantry, or kill flak half tracks or something. :megusta:
1 Mar 2015, 01:28 AM

> Penetrates nothing

The KV-1 isn't as bad as you think it is, it can easily kick a Panzer IV's ass, and it can bounce shots from heavier tanks. It being a stock unit would be a pretty good idea, would make a lot more sense than giving soviets a nondoc T34/85.

1 Mar 2015, 01:37 AM

The KV-1 isn't as bad as you think it is, it can easily kick a Panzer IV's ass, and it can bounce shots from heavier tanks. It being a stock unit would be a pretty good idea, would make a lot more sense than giving soviets a nondoc T34/85.

Because being able to kill a Panzer IV (not very reliable at all btw, Panzer IV can also bounce shots from it pretty often) makes it a good unit. Ugh.

Why are you changing your tune now? You were on board with making T-34/85 non doc. No matter, if you genuinely think that being doctrinal is what balances T-34/85, you're as clueless as you make yourself sound to be.
1 Mar 2015, 02:00 AM

Because being able to kill a Panzer IV (not very reliable at all btw, Panzer IV can also bounce shots from it pretty often) makes it a good unit. Ugh.

Why are you changing your tune now? You were on board with making T-34/85 non doc. No matter, if you genuinely think that being doctrinal is what balances T-34/85, you're as clueless as you make yourself sound to be.

I was on board with it because I assume it would be part of rebalancing both the vanilla factions teching, but honestly dude the reason the T-34/85 is doctrine only is that is how Soviets were originally designed. Your supposed to rely on call in units, not stock units.

The KV1 in t4 and 85 in T3 could work, but you would to also drastically redo Ostheers teching and stock unit load out.
1 Mar 2015, 02:21 AM

I was on board with it because I assume it would be part of rebalancing both the vanilla factions teching, but honestly dude the reason the T-34/85 is doctrine only is that is how Soviets were originally designed. Your supposed to rely on call in units, not stock units.

The KV1 in t4 and 85 in T3 could work, but you would to also drastically redo Ostheers teching and stock unit load out.

Ostheer is the best designed faction in the game. Don't do anything drastic to it.

You're the only one here perpetuating that Soviets are supposed to rely on call-ins. You keep talking about how it can't be changed and how it is inevitable. The same could be said about any problem in this game.

You are part of the problem because you bring that flawed mindset, which you seemed to agree on that is flawed, into every discussion with you, and you perpetuate it, regardless of whether you support it or not.

That would be like me saying Ostheer whatever is supposed to suck. Nothing is supposed to do anything, everything is supposed to have a meaningful place in gameplay. Let's work with that.
1 Mar 2015, 02:48 AM

Is there any proof that Relic stated that the Soviets are meant to be reliant on doctrines?

Or is it just a myth perpetuated by axis fanboys in order to make sure Soviets are always a badly designed faction.
1 Mar 2015, 03:16 AM

Is there any proof that Relic stated that the Soviets are meant to be reliant on doctrines?

Or is it just a myth perpetuated by axis fanboys in order to make sure Soviets are always a badly designed faction.

Soviets ARE a badly designed faction, because the entire idea of it is literally callinmeta.FtN

It's not a myth, you can look at any of the Soviet doctrines and see how most are all based around call in's instead of passive addons/upgrades like Ostheer commanders. Ostheer commanders are meant to help augment and improve your existing units with a call in here and there.

This was kinda fine originally, as each faction was unique, but now we have 2 extra factions muddying everything up. Both the WFA factions have good stock units and their commanders fill holes in said stock list, a different design philosophy from Soviets or Ostheer.
1 Mar 2015, 13:08 PM

Relic developers themselves have said so. and if you look on the doctrines nearly every single one of them has callins. the idea was you choose either tier 3 or 4 and use the callins to cover up any weaknesses. however they buffed the 85/i2/su sherman to such heights that tier 3 and 4 became very unappealing.
1 Mar 2015, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2015, 13:08 PMJaigen

Relic developers themselves have said so. and if you look on the doctrines nearly every single one of them has callins. the idea was you choose either tier 3 or 4 and use the callins to cover up any weaknesses. however they buffed the 85/i2/su sherman to such heights that tier 3 and 4 became very unappealing.

Unappealing? Please, try using these tiers. SU-76 and T-34/76 are outshadowed by doctrinal units, but that doesn't mean they aren't utterly worthless in the first place.

85 is a slightly better Panzer IV with none of the frills, so yeah.

Also, no, most Soviet doctrines don't actually have call-in vehicles. A lot don't have call-in infantry either. Not to mention Guards Rifle Infantry are hardly spectacular compared to Axis basic and call-in infantry.

Shock Troops cost 10 MP less than Obersoldaten but the difference? Probably for another thread.
1 Mar 2015, 13:25 PM

KV1 is worse tank than T34/76.
Yes, it can bounce paks, pzfaust, schrecks.
Yes, it can more hp BUT
it's not spammable, you can't circle King Tiger, you cant reverse in a second. This is what makes KV1 worse than T34.
1 Mar 2015, 13:48 PM

Unappealing? Please, try using these tiers. SU-76 and T-34/76 are outshadowed by doctrinal units, but that doesn't mean they aren't utterly worthless in the first place.

85 is a slightly better Panzer IV with none of the frills, so yeah.

Also, no, most Soviet doctrines don't actually have call-in vehicles. A lot don't have call-in infantry either. Not to mention Guards Rifle Infantry are hardly spectacular compared to Axis basic and call-in infantry.

Shock Troops cost 10 MP less than Obersoldaten but the difference? Probably for another thread.

Fausts you are so far removed from reality its not funny to watch.
1 Mar 2015, 13:53 PM
Donator 33

Ostheer MG42 got a small buff, but are there other units that need buffs?, i think they could improve the 251 gunner, so he doesn't always die when some bullets hit the vehicle, but then again...who even uses it to kill stuff (Cruzzi mentioned that the halftrack gunner has a 10% chance of dying with every penetrating shot, Also the little thing that is that PUMA Ostruppen dont have a received accuracy penalty, that the other Ostruppen have, making PUMA ostruppen the best and if they get a LMG 42 their VET bonuses turn them to OPtruppen)
Neo
1 Mar 2015, 14:41 PM

90% of the game's current problems would be fixed with giving debuffs to infantry that are close to other infantry (i.e. blobs).

Give all blobbed units + 25% to suppression, + 25% to damage from explosive weapons, + 25% to received accuracy and you fixed 90% of the meta issues. (To say nothing of this being realistic).

This instantly renders MG42 better at crowd control while massively decreasing the impact of Volks + Obers / Rifles blobs.

The other 10% of fixes are making call-ins depend on tech.

Simples.

PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight