USF Ambulance

Thoughts?
Option Distribution Votes
37%
63%
Total votes: 46
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
13 Feb 2015, 14:44 PM

Compared to other factions, USF has the worst healing/medic process, which results in MP bleed and half-assed map presence.

You have to delay your teching in order to heal your units. And to make matters worse and more frustrating, it has a healing "COOLDOWN"!!! The medics themselves are fucking stupid and chase your units wherever they go.

Too much babysitting and hassle for a simple and basic functionality.

- Remove the fuel cost.
- Reduce the MP cost to 150.
- Decrease the cool down time to 1 second.
13 Feb 2015, 14:48 PM

Totally agree with your suggestion to move it into your base buildings.
13 Feb 2015, 14:49 PM

Hard micro, but more reward then using halftrack. Ambulance is fine.

PS: trick, lets medic in ambulance step out and occupy it with RE. You now have healing medics in base and function ambulance on field. ;)
13 Feb 2015, 14:53 PM

The healing isnt what I hate about it. Its that a SINGLE generalist Infantry Squad can kill it before it can retreat. Love how it has lower acceleration then the King Tiger...
13 Feb 2015, 14:57 PM
Patrion 15

It's fine.

It has a healing cooldown, but it can heal many units at once in the same timeframe - big plus over Soviet/OST/OKW medics. Plus, it can move.

And getting it (250 Manpower and 10 Fuel) doesn't slow down your teching much than Soviet medics (250 Manpower) or Ost bunker (150 + 60 Muni). IMO, the slight difference in cost is easily balanced out by it being able to heal everything within a radius and it being able to move anywhere on the map.

13 Feb 2015, 15:07 PM

The healing isnt what I hate about it. Its that a SINGLE generalist Infantry Squad can kill it before it can retreat. Love how it has lower acceleration then the King Tiger ...
13 Feb 2015, 15:13 PM

Compared to other factions, USF has the worst healing/medic process, which results in MP bleed and half-assed map presence.

You have to delay your teching in order to heal your units. And to make matters worse and more frustrating, it has a healing "COOLDOWN"!!! The medics themselves are fucking stupid and chase your units wherever they go.

Too much babysitting and hassle for a simple and basic functionality.

- Remove the fuel cost.
- Reduce the MP cost to 150.
- Decrease the cool down time to 1 second.

It would be fine if you could set the medics to heal only within a certain area and not stray from that area while chasing a unit. So many times my medics end up at the front lines following a squad that is healed 99%.

I pop RET in the medic truck and leave the medics at base.
13 Feb 2015, 15:16 PM

OP, you couldn't be more wrong.

It heals AoE and instatly, it can move and reinforce in any territory you own, and it's viable from T0 for a low cost, it's bordeline broken.
13 Feb 2015, 15:24 PM

I agree that it's micro intensive for a micro intensive faction but it's also far from lackluster.
13 Feb 2015, 15:24 PM

I just combine it with the major's retreat point ability and it acts like a forward base. It's an invaluable combination.
13 Feb 2015, 15:44 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This unit is fine as it is in my opinion. As Swiffy just said, combined with a major this units act as a mobile base at any location on the map which is hugely beneficial. Therefore allowing you're troops to get back in the fight straight away. The fuel cost and 250 manpower investment should stay as it's an important unit in the allied arsenal and allowing them to purchase it cheaply would enable them to field light armour faster (as if it didn't already come fast enough) and have fully healed squads to deal with as well.
13 Feb 2015, 15:49 PM

I think the unit is fine. It is not just a medic station, it can also reinforce and heal units out in the field in the early game. An ability that you too rarely see utilized.
13 Feb 2015, 15:49 PM

Good points, hans. How about the cool down?
13 Feb 2015, 15:58 PM
Patrion 28

it's strong but it's also expensive and very weak. i think it could use a small buff to mobility or a small mp reduction but i don't think it NEEDS anything either. i see its strengths (early mobile reinforcement and healing) as being quite a bit negated by being slow and unmaneuverable as fuck and not being able to reinforce with enemies in the sector.
13 Feb 2015, 15:58 PM
Donator 11

It cost to much for what it is. OKW gets a med truck for "free" as it is included in their tech cost. The building itself also costs 300 to set up as a retreat point giving them an early advantage over usf as they can keep field presence longer than usf because they require the major which doesn't come till the mid-late game

On This on top of the 15 fuel cost makes the unit very lackluster, almost not worth it as its so easily destroyed and run down compared to the emplaced HQ OKW gets
13 Feb 2015, 16:01 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Good points, hans. How about the cool down?

Cold down is fine as you can't have these amazing pros without at-least a few cons. Those being it's slow speed, cool down and units being unable to reinforce if it's on the move. If it had no cons then it would be way too good and effect the balance.
13 Feb 2015, 16:24 PM

Cold down is fine as you can't have these amazing pros without at-least a few cons. Those being it's slow speed, cool down and units being unable to reinforce if it's on the move. If it had no cons then it would be way too good and effect the balance.

Cons:

Additional Heal Micro in a Micro Intense faction. Not a problem to Hans. Problem to the rest of us. Not that its hard just another thing to do...

Slow cool down on heal. Unlike every other 100% always on healing methods.

Most fragile unit I have seen in this game next to the Ostheer Sniper.

Expensive.

Slow.

Worst Acceleration.

All those things combined make it REDIC to keep alive even on a single flank against your forces.

Doesnt Reinforce while its moving. Leading pathing to make it derp around and babysit it until it stops so you can reinforce. Again another thing to pay attention too.

Cant reinforce in enemy territory. And there is no USF Halftrack. Opportunity cost here. Design says USF has forward reinforce therefore doesnt need a real half track. Making healing and reinforcing a method of turtling around the Major. Or just not at all if you dont soft retreat to it. If you do however you risk losing it.

Compared to the Forward healing truck the ONLY small advantage it has is its mobile. Would be a bigger advantage if it couldnt HEAL in the front lines but COULD reinforce like a Halftrack.

Pros:

It heals.

Medic can help healing by putting an RE inside.

It reinforces like a half track in friendly territory.

It comes early if you want.

No tech.

Lots more cons on that list then Pros from where I sit.

13 Feb 2015, 16:31 PM

I think it is to slow , it should be able to escape from contant
13 Feb 2015, 16:48 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Cons:

Additional Heal Micro in a Micro Intense faction. Not a problem to Hans. Problem to the rest of us. Not that its hard just another thing to do...

Slow cool down on heal. Unlike every other 100% always on healing methods.

Most fragile unit I have seen in this game next to the Ostheer Sniper.

Expensive.

Slow.

Worst Acceleration.

All those things combined make it REDIC to keep alive even on a single flank against your forces.

Doesnt Reinforce while its moving. Leading pathing to make it derp around and babysit it until it stops so you can reinforce. Again another thing to pay attention too.

Cant reinforce in enemy territory. And there is no USF Halftrack. Opportunity cost here. Design says USF has forward reinforce therefore doesnt need a real half track. Making healing and reinforcing a method of turtling around the Major. Or just not at all if you dont soft retreat to it. If you do however you risk losing it.

Compared to the Forward healing truck the ONLY small advantage it has is its mobile. Would be a bigger advantage if it couldnt HEAL in the front lines but COULD reinforce like a Halftrack.

Pros:

It heals.

Medic can help healing by putting an RE inside.

It reinforces like a half track in friendly territory.

It comes early if you want.

No tech.

Lots more cons on that list then Pros from where I sit.

Ok first off blaming that it's another unit to micro is a very bad excuse for saying it's a poor unit. Furthermore if you're losing it to getting flanked then you obviously haven't prepare for that situation. My advice to you would be secure you're flanks and make sure the medic half track is always a a safe distance and preferably behind a shot-blocker.

Secondly when the truck heals it heals everything at once within it's radius. Therefore the medic truck is much quicker at healing larger groups of infantry than all of the other factions medics. This works increasing very well in 2v2s, 3v3s and 4v4s for obvious reasons.

Thirdly, yes it's fragile and it should be so. If you're losing it then you've obviously got it too close to the front lines.

You're fourth point about it being expensive, slow and terrible acceleration does not out weigh the pros. Okay so it cost 250 manpower and a bit of fuel so does the soviet medics in terms of manpower. The fuel requirement is also needed as it is after all a vehicle which as I previously stated can heal and reinforce wherever you need it which I must stress is a HUGE tactical advantage.

Lastly you shouldn't be comparing it to a standard half-track which can reinforce on the move. Both these units serve different roles. If you're trying to use you're medic truck to reinforce on the front lines you're doing it wrong.
13 Feb 2015, 16:53 PM

L2P

L2P

Thirdly, yes it's fragile and it should be so. If you're losing it then you've obviously got it too close to the front lines.

You're fourth point about it being expensive, slow and terrible acceleration does not out weigh the pros. Okay so it cost 250 manpower and a bit of fuel so does the soviet medics in terms of manpower. The fuel requirement is also needed as it is after all a vehicle which as I previously stated can heal and reinforce wherever you need it which I must stress is a HUGE tactical advantage.

L2P

See this is the Opinion of Hans. Great. Me I dont agree that it cons dont outweigh the pros. I lose is due to clever flanks. Not being too terribly close to the front lines. Its really not hard to kill it on a flank like killing a Kubel on a flank. But the Kubel is faster so there is that...

I would prefer a real Halftrack. Of course I am not USING it that way because I just identified why thats not possible.

OKWs truck imho is leaps and bounds better then the Major/Ambu in most situations. Unless of course you have pushed your opponent of the field entirely.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 19
United Kingdom 26
United States 18
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L