Login

russian armor

My Opinion on Decals

13 Feb 2015, 14:07 PM
Donator 11

In the most recent stream from relic, they have asked for more constructive criticism.

While I know most of us still crave a balance patch, I would like to tell the Relic and the community that Decals are cool and fun new addition to company of heroes. Decals if you don't know what they are, are emblems that are placed on the sides and front of your vehicles, allowing for personalization of your units As well as as a (maybe) a drop for war spoils.

I absolutely love the decals as they are not pay to win and are simply more cosmetic stuff that can drop in war spoils. These mix up the cheesy bulletins as well as the commander you may already have.

Personally I would like to see more decals as they are purely cosmetic and as we have seen before in coh, we do not like pay2win content.

one way Relic should expand on this would require Relic to allow for custom submissions that require approval from the devs to avoid any miss use of decals. I would also like to see an option where I could mix and match decals such as the "MWNL" on the rear of my tanks with different words or decals.

Overall I belive Relic is on to more fun things but this is just my opinion on them, if you do not agree with me let me know in the comments and tell me what you want to see

*sorry for any bad grammar as I am typing this on my phone*
13 Feb 2015, 14:14 PM
Coder Red Badge

There isn't one bad thing anyone can possibly say about decals. Cosmetic DLC is how DLC should be done in a multiplayer game.
13 Feb 2015, 14:15 PM

To be honest, I see difference between skins and it's OK but decals? So many games and I haven't seen them during battle. I need to zoom and look for it.

They should be bigger, at the front armor maybe or something else. Right now, decal is disappearing somewhere in skins.
13 Feb 2015, 14:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 14:14 PMInverse
There isn't one bad thing anyone can possibly say about decals.

Your faith is touching, someone will be along in a minute to prove you wrong
13 Feb 2015, 14:19 PM
Coder Red Badge

I mean, they can be improved, sure, but there's really no grounds for criticizing the concept. More cosmetic DLC is only going to be good for the game.
13 Feb 2015, 14:30 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I am all for decals. I would love to be able to customise them too. However you then have the problem of people creating rude symbols and such. I wonder how that would be regulated.
13 Feb 2015, 14:32 PM
Donator 11

I am all for decals. I would love to be able to customise them too. However you then have the problem of people creating rude symbols and such. I wonder how that would be regulated.

Regulation as I said in my post would go through Relic.

Much like with Team Fortress 2 Items and CSGO items, they would need to go through the developers and would be submitted through the steam Workshop.
13 Feb 2015, 14:34 PM
Coder Red Badge

That's the likeliest scenario, especially since they added a bunch of workshop strings that seem related to that in the last patch.
13 Feb 2015, 14:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

I'm all for decals, but I have to admit I never noticed them in the last games I played. Making them bigger wouldn't hurt.
13 Feb 2015, 14:49 PM
Patrion 14

I really liked them. I just wish the national emblems didn't get overwritten.
13 Feb 2015, 14:54 PM

Emblemants are also placed on building, not only o vehicles.
13 Feb 2015, 14:57 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 14:42 PMTwister
I'm all for decals, but I have to admit I never noticed them in the last games I played. Making them bigger wouldn't hurt.

I agree, they shouldnt be to big that its distracting and makes them look awkward.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 14:49 PMSappi
I really liked them. I just wish the national emblems didn't get overwritten.

I believe if they didn't replace the National emblems then the tanks or vehicles would look very cluttered and possible an eye sore. I wouldn't mind them adding a second decal slot but have 4 decals on them seems to fit well.
13 Feb 2015, 15:06 PM

Would be nice if you could decide the color of the decal, with some skins they become invisible.
13 Feb 2015, 15:09 PM

Are we going to have any new besides this knife-heart?
When? How many? Steam or War Spoils?
13 Feb 2015, 15:29 PM

Are we going to have any new besides this knife-heart?
When? How many? Steam or War Spoils?

Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience. I'll assume you've looked into all the sleuthing that was done recently. I can tell you that if you've looked into it and put things together for yourself that good times are coming, mentions of the British, clans, custom commanders, custom decals?,

I'm sure with patience all your questions will be answered!
13 Feb 2015, 16:12 PM
Patrion 28

if you want to know how dekels should be done look at DoW2. give people an option to turn them off if they don't want to see penises and let everyone else have their penises.
13 Feb 2015, 16:20 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 14:54 PMFrost
Emblemants are also placed on building, not only o vehicles.

are they big? i wish they were so they stick out in the beginning and end of the game.

also, your emblem on flags would be cool albeit very subtle.
13 Feb 2015, 16:28 PM

Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience. I'll assume you've looked into all the sleuthing that was done recently. I can tell you that if you've looked into it and put things together for yourself that good times are coming, mentions of the British, clans, custom commanders, custom decals?,

I'm sure with patience all your questions will be answered!

Point is, let me quote myseld here,

We have to dig up really deep through patch changes to find out something about British. It's not good that Relic is implementing something but won't say a word.

Say it, share with us, show to us, hype us! But no.

Say it, share with us, show to us, hype us! But no. <-- this is my main issue.
13 Feb 2015, 16:32 PM

As a "fan" of WW2, i don't care about fantasy decals at all. I'm all about historical resemblance.

As it is with most of the vehicle skins, they are historically inaccurate and in some cases sloppy made. For instance: There is not one proper "Hinterhalttarnung" for german tanks - they either have wrong colours, wrong shapes or are trying to be too "artistic".

Then they put vehicle trimmings and decals in the brightest colours imaginable on top of it. It's there to differentiate between players, i'm aware, but there isn't even the option or mods allowed to disable it, which leads me to:

My WW2 fetish in terms of vehicle skins and decals is in no way satisfied.

This isn't SC2. I don't care about cool looking skulls, pierced hearts or other "totally rad" stuff that i can only imagine is to come.

If you wan't to make cosmetic items that i want to buy, you have to put some effort and research into it. Things like:

-camouflage nettings, foliage
-sandbags and other makeshift armour upgrades (e.g. bedspring sideskirts for t34s)
-proper cyrillic writings on russian tanks
-nation flags on the back of tanks (as in real flag and not a texture)
-zimmerit on german tanks
-kill rings on german tank barrels
-real unit numbers and symbols (don't just write SDKFZ in bold letters on a tank, that's nonsense)
-nicknames such as "Anneliese" or "Fury"
-battle worn look, with lots of bullet scratches and deflected tank shells (please, no silly bloodsplatters)

I would buy THE SHIT out of that.

That said, gameplay comes before graphics. And the gameplay is arguably in much more dire needs.

13 Feb 2015, 16:34 PM

I thought this would be a cool opportunity to finally introduce actual cool historical unit marking and flags into the game like the Swastika/various US division markings/Soviet liberation slogans ect.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★