Login

russian armor

Relief infantry not creating Osttruppen

OOK
12 Feb 2015, 05:11 AM

First post!
Relevant Replay Link: http://www.coh2.org/replay/30739/no-relief-arrives

2 things, 16 mins into this game I activate relief infantry on the infantry commander. Lost a ton of infantry, mostly due to sloppy play, and no osttruppen are created.

Added bonus: The wehr smoke barrage bug also makes an appearance a bit further into the replay, at exactly 29 mins, when I am trying to smoke screen a wounded P4.

12 Feb 2015, 11:06 AM

Noticed that too, thought I didn't see well.... New bug? This one is quite disturbing >:(
12 Feb 2015, 11:14 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Sad that the game doesn't allow you to be strategic with these underused abilities.
I'll admit ive never used those two abilities more than 5 times in total
12 Feb 2015, 11:18 AM

Those abilities are glitchy as hell, and I think Relief Infantry is actually bugged in live anyway. It doesn't correctly include all infantry squads, and the UI indicators for when the ability is active are missing. I fixed this in my mod not too long ago.

I think Rapid Conscription should be okay, but it's set up slightly differently.
9 Mar 2015, 01:12 AM

I noticed this as well while playing. It doesn't help that, in addition to this, there are so many bugs that affect the basic gameplay mechanics of the game that playing a match results in more frustration than enjoyment. I'm waiting until the next patch drops to engage in multiplayer matches again.

Bugs like these make me wonder how abilities are coded in the COH engine, as the same bugs keep popping back up again after they are corrected. Are they tied to some sort of global rules applied to abilities that are forgotten about and reapplied in the next patch?

From what I can remember, this was a bug in previous builds of the game. As are grenades not triggering. Ditto mortar smoke not firing.

This brings up a larger point about the way that Relic deals with bugs in multiplayer - they have no chance of entering E-sports if these basic bugs pop up in builds repeatedly that break gameplay. Imagine the outrage in the Dota 2 community if ultimate abilities did not trigger, or if upon reloading a weapon in Counter Strike, there were no bullets in the clip. These are the kinds of bugs that exist in COH2 and that have resulted in frustrating gameplay since release.
19 Mar 2015, 13:28 PM

this bug is pretty old and it makes me sad that relic doesn't care to fix it. i love relief infantry so much
19 Mar 2015, 14:51 PM

#EsportIsComing :foreveralone:
19 Mar 2015, 15:05 PM

This doesn't help my "lose everything but still win" strategy if I don't get any units when I suck.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 18
South Africa 6
Germany 802
Germany 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %