Login

russian armor

RNG unfavourable for both sides (explained)

12 Feb 2015, 00:48 AM

How about 100% chance to crit? This would result in removing RNG as well.
All these "please-no-squad-wipes" rules are boring. Maybe we should play chess instead then?

So mines are the new demos? 30 munitions for a squad wipe on your Vet 3 Lmg Grens? What im saying is that imagine you were actually player chess, but it was fun and WW2 themed.

Atm COH2 is like a game of chess where your pieces are just removed from the board even though they didnt deserve to be, and at times they are removed just from pure luck. Chess wouldnt be anywhere near how popular it is today if the things ive mentioned occured, the same thing can and will happen to COH2 if we tone down RNG

Or maybe you are against mines and demos because... you play mostly Axis?

I guess you could say Im against mines and demos because they in some respects ruin the game that I actually like to play. Maybe you like RNG being the same because you play mostly allies? How else can you kill squads without demos? :snfBarton:
12 Feb 2015, 00:54 AM

Nothing more annoying than losing a Vet3 Shrek PG squad to 1 mortar shell...but honestly I wouldn't have it the other way where it would never happen.
12 Feb 2015, 00:57 AM

these events arent pure random you have control over the accuracy of your light artillary and the bunchedupness of your squads.

you also have control over if your shots will penetrate or not, its all positioning.

this isnt starcraft where two armies just meet then the winning army is the one that has the best damage/health ratio. Positioning is just as important of a factor as your unit composition. its a part of the game.
12 Feb 2015, 01:01 AM

So mines are the new demos? 30 munitions for a squad wipe on your Vet 3 Lmg Grens? What im saying is that imagine you were actually player chess, but it was fun and WW2 themed.

Atm COH2 is like a game of chess where your pieces are just removed from the board even though they didnt deserve to be, and at times they are removed just from pure luck. Chess wouldnt be anywhere near how popular it is today if the things ive mentioned occured, the same thing can and will happen to COH2 if we tone down RNG

I guess you could say Im against mines and demos because they in some respects ruin the game that I actually like to play. Maybe you like RNG being the same because you play mostly allies? How else can you kill squads without demos? :snfBarton:

maybe if it helps- instead of blaming RNG for when you lose a squad that walks over a mine, thank RNG for saving your squad that was supposed to be killed because it walked right on top of a mine!
12 Feb 2015, 01:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

why does everyone go quick to responses like this that only invite more issues. Anyhow RNG is indeed cruel. I had a game the other night where a katy fired and killed my stuka becuase 4 of the missles hit in a tight group, same thing happened to a vet 3 full hp ober squad. in an earlier game my katy fired on a mass of axis infantry..killed 3-4 models no wipes, 25% dmg to a stuka....darn you RNG darn youuuuu.

yet it makes things true to combat..unpredictable to a certain margin.

Precision strike.
12 Feb 2015, 02:38 AM

Precision strike.

it wasnt vetted.
12 Feb 2015, 03:59 AM

The hearthstone devs had a great blog post about RNG and the implications on competitive play. As easy as it is to say, herpa derpa no skill #esports, it isn't true. The pro players win more games than they lose so skill still plays a huge part in the game
12 Feb 2015, 04:00 AM

Nothing more annoying than losing a Vet3 Shrek PG squad to 1 mortar shell...but honestly I wouldn't have it the other way where it would never happen.

Less a problem with rng and more a problem with unit spacing. There needs to be a way to tell the units to space out instead of clumping
12 Feb 2015, 04:03 AM

Rng wouldn't as much of a problem if the game wasn't so broken in certain areas...
12 Feb 2015, 06:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The hearthstone devs had a great blog post about RNG and the implications on competitive play. As easy as it is to say, herpa derpa no skill #esports, it isn't true. The pro players win more games than they lose so skill still plays a huge part in the game

You can play around RNG on Hearthstone, even if the last expansion added LOTS of huge RNG cards with a huge varied of results (all the mechs and the unstable portal). Still, it's not quite comparable when we are talking about a CARD game when it's on itself an RNG game (topdecking).

People need to understand the difference between:

-Clumping of units (1)
-Flame crits
-Explosive crits (2)
-Vehicle crits (abandoned, engine damage, heavy engine damage)

With:
-Indirect fire (this could be tweak with 1 and 2)
-Jackson (to pen or not to pen) - Black or white, 240 or 0 dmg.
-Basically tank combat

And finally:
-Plane crashes
12 Feb 2015, 08:48 AM

I don't hate RNG. What would COH series be without it? There are some days when nothing goes well, I admit. Instead continuing to play, stop, do something else and come back the next day or the day after.

First, COH2 must be bugless and only then we can evaluate the true RNG impact. And Relic started to do a good job related to bugs and even performance issues. First thing first.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★