Login

russian armor

Is this a hack?

10 Feb 2015, 18:00 PM

Just played a very peculiar game. I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced this (I've played 2k+ hours since launch, and never seen this).

4v4. Game started and immediately 3 players on both sides were kicked, leaving myself and one opponent, who started on the exact opposite base position.

As soon as I moved any unit out of my base sector, it was immediately redirected to move to the opposite end of the map.

The CPU for both sides started building a couple of units, then just completely stopped and did nothing after 2-3 minutes.

The opposition player capped the three VPs, built a MG nest by each, then built nothing else, and didnt cap any more of the map, or build any vehicles.

I built Ost T3 and a P4 so I could investigate his base and what he was doing (literally having to click continuously my whole path so the tank wouldn't be directed to the opposite side of the map). Just like my base the three CPU teams were doing absolutely nothing. When I got to his base sectors, my tank was then being pulled in the opposite direction away from his base. I was using constant recon sweep from CAS to watch the map; as I said before, all he bothered to do was cap 3 VPs, and nothing else, then wait for ticker to count down.

I obviously won't mention the name, but it was a player claiming to be from Japan, with his Steam handle being two identical capital letters. And it's definitely not a problem with my mouse, just in case that's suggested.

Any ideas?
10 Feb 2015, 18:06 PM
Donator 11

Do you have the replay. Also the name would help as much as you wanna keep it secret. Normally if you run into hackers you should report it to relic.

Its definitely not a bug it sounds like
10 Feb 2015, 18:08 PM
Coder Red Badge

Likely just a bug.
10 Feb 2015, 18:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 18:06 PMMittens
Do you have the replay. Also the name would help as much as you wanna keep it secret.

uh dude the fuck! >:(
Cheating is absolutely not allowed and anyone found to be cheating, publicly accusing others of cheating, or posting links to third party cheats, will be removed. Please report cheating directly to Relic via email: enforcement@relic.com. If you are not sure about whether or not you should post something on COH2.ORG, it's always best to PM a COH2.ORG Admin to ask first

thank you for not giving his name the email to report him is also in there. though im not sure its a hack.
10 Feb 2015, 18:12 PM

A weird bug probably. Even if technically possible (which is unlikely, need direct access to server and host I think), who the hell would create such a thing!

In these cases, you need to provide a replay, either if you suspect a hack or bug, you have to provide it to relic so they can investigate.
10 Feb 2015, 19:03 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I've just watched the replay and I'm now of the opinion it might be a bug.

The entire replay is pretty much a completely different game to the one I played. It states sync error as soon as the game started, and 6 players dropped.

After that, none of the actions that I actually processed in the game are actually reflected in the replay (i.e I don't build anything at all), and all factions continued to play normally. The only thing that confirms that I was sending inputs to that game is that my CAS recon runs were visible on the replay.

What I don't understand is that I assumed the replay would be a copy of what had happened locally (i.e on my machine / screen), when the reality is that it just looks like an average game.

I still am not sure what happened, but I'm assuming it's something to do with the sync error.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★