Login

russian armor

Assault Engineers UP

11 Feb 2015, 16:37 PM

You are quite wrong.
According to my experience and to the stats stormpios and assault engis are fairly equal dps wise on their effective ranges, usually positioning, closing in decides who wins this engagement.
Ingame the Stg44 of Stormpios behave more like SMGs statewise, since their Stg44 differs from the Panzergrenadier ones.

Historically, the Stg44 had also a higher rate of fire if compared to the Grease gun.

Now check the Assault Grenadiers , they have less dps, while costing the same and having less utility(but at least they have one additional entity :foreveralone: )
This shows that Assault Engis are perfectly fine.

Sturmpios 57 range 1 dps assengies 48 range 1 dps. That is not equal.

In my experience assengies never win point blank, even coming around a wall at point blank range they didn't even kill a sturmpio before being wiped. Although personal experience means nothing on this forum so whatever.

A higher rate of fire on an assault rifle means nothing when you can't control it compared to a 9mm submachine gun. When I was in the US Marines I learned to fire my M249 SAW at point blank range, that thing has a sweet rate of fire, but I would rather have a submachine gun in close quarters.
11 Feb 2015, 19:51 PM

Sturmpios 57 range 1 dps assengies 48 range 1 dps. That is not equal.

In my experience assengies never win point blank, even coming around a wall at point blank range they didn't even kill a sturmpio before being wiped. Although personal experience means nothing on this forum so whatever.

A higher rate of fire on an assault rifle means nothing when you can't control it compared to a 9mm submachine gun. When I was in the US Marines I learned to fire my M249 SAW at point blank range, that thing has a sweet rate of fire, but I would rather have a submachine gun in close quarters.

When some say why Rifles beat Grenadiers, everyone says rifles are more expensive so they have to. But people expect Assengis to wipe Sturmpios. Personal experience does mean something, but what has happened to you was because the RNjesus. If you are lucky, your squad will focus fire on an entity and the enemy will lose 25% of their DPS. If the enemy is lucky, you'll lose 25% of your DPS. But again, at the current state, Sturmpios should beat Assengis.

And please do not argue about real life experience, you might think of it as a side note for your post, but people will focus on real life stuff and this will go off-topic :/
(I myself wanted to argue that I would always choose an assault rifle in CQC conditions, and I only have experience with MP5 and AK family. I don't know why would you choose a sub-machine gun when you have access to M16/M4 or SCAR.)
11 Feb 2015, 20:06 PM

No matter which way you slice it, the way SMG's and Assault Rifles work in this game is extremely stupid. The whole "Only good at point blank range" heavily encourages blobing and simply rushing up to an enemy unit instead of trying to use cover/tactics.
11 Feb 2015, 20:08 PM

Permanently Banned
No matter which way you slice it, the way SMG's and Assault Rifles work in this game is extremely stupid. The whole "Only good at point blank range" heavily encourages blobing and simply rushing up to an enemy unit instead of trying to use cover/tactics.

Assault rifles are most efective at med range

Pgrens

Sturms

stg44 obers
11 Feb 2015, 20:24 PM

... w.. .what? How are you going to get to "point blank range" by blobbing? Your argument makes no sense.

Long range weapons are significantly more efficient when blobbing, since positioning is meaningless. Short range weapon blobs get picked apart before they can close the distance, and require tactic to get up close.
11 Feb 2015, 20:38 PM
Patrion 28

rule of thumb is the more expensive unit beats the cheaper one with the caveat that hard counters win regardless of cost.

of course there are exceptions to both.
11 Feb 2015, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 20:24 PMdbmb

... w.. .what? How are you going to get to "point blank range" by blobbing? Your argument makes no sense.

Long range weapons are significantly more efficient when blobbing, since positioning is meaningless. Short range weapon blobs get picked apart before they can close the distance, and require tactic to get up close.

Smoke and small map size make it pretty easy to roam the map doing massive amounts of DPS using Shocks. Short range blobs have a different focus than long range blobs, since it's much easier to wipe an enemy caught up in your max DPS zone than one farther away.

You might make more people retreat with a long range blob, but you will wipe a lot more units with a close range one.

Regardless the fact that SMG's and Assault Rifles don't do well at medium range is quite silly, all DPS should be toned down but made more uniform across weapon profiles.
11 Feb 2015, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 19:51 PMRMMLz

When some say why Rifles beat Grenadiers, everyone says rifles are more expensive so they have to. But people expect Assengis to wipe Sturmpios. Personal experience does mean something, but what has happened to you was because the RNjesus. If you are lucky, your squad will focus fire on an entity and the enemy will lose 25% of their DPS. If the enemy is lucky, you'll lose 25% of your DPS. But again, at the current state, Sturmpios should beat Assengis.

And please do not argue about real life experience, you might think of it as a side note for your post, but people will focus on real life stuff and this will go off-topic :/
(I myself wanted to argue that I would always choose an assault rifle in CQC conditions, and I only have experience with MP5 and AK family. I don't know why would you choose a sub-machine gun when you have access to M16/M4 or SCAR.)

"Historically, the Stg44 had also a higher rate of fire if compared to the Grease gun."

You literally cited real life yourself but I cannot? I acknowledged in my post that personal experience doesn't matter in this forum, i beat you to it hahhhha. I was just stating that to counter your IRL example because it was stupid. guns are tools. They are all made with a particular job in mind. If you think one built to perform in close quarters is a worse tool point blank than one designed with a big rifle cartridge you are wrong. Go ahead and clear houses with an m16 armchair commando, have fun. Marines don't even do that anymore because all we have are stupid guns not fit for the task, we just send dogs in.
11 Feb 2015, 22:08 PM

AssEngis should have a small health buff, and a small short range dps nerf to balance them out a lil' better in combat situations. I feel, while they don't die as quickly as REs, they can still get insta-wiped by blobberinos in 2 seconds.
11 Feb 2015, 22:24 PM

"Historically, the Stg44 had also a higher rate of fire if compared to the Grease gun."

Uuhhmmm... Someone else said that, check previous page.

Good point about dogs though.
11 Feb 2015, 22:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 22:24 PMRMMLz

Uuhhmmm... Someone else said that, check previous page.

Good point about dogs though.

Damnit keeping track of comment strings on the internet is hard.
11 Feb 2015, 23:03 PM

Bob, in the pre-COIN era, MOUT technique primarily consisted of using a wildly oversized breaching charge that would kill anybody in the room. Follow it up with a few frags for good measure. In peer warfare Western militaries would revert to that rather quickly. Just saying.
12 Feb 2015, 01:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Smoke and small map size make it pretty easy to roam the map doing massive amounts of DPS using Shocks. Short range blobs have a different focus than long range blobs, since it's much easier to wipe an enemy caught up in your max DPS zone than one farther away.

You might make more people retreat with a long range blob, but you will wipe a lot more units with a close range one.

Regardless the fact that SMG's and Assault Rifles don't do well at medium range is quite silly, all DPS should be toned down but made more uniform across weapon profiles.

If you wipe units with CQC units that's a micro mistake from your opponent, since you can't wipe on retreat a squad which is 30m away with a last volley.

LMG are good cause the unit wielding it has a estable DPS across all ranges. Therefore making wipes easier since you have less to react faster.

SMGs do well at CQC and ARs are mainly generalist. It's just a matter of learning at what distance you should engage each unit.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 22:08 PMVonIvan
AssEngis should have a small health buff, and a small short range dps nerf to balance them out a lil' better in combat situations. I feel, while they don't die as quickly as REs, they can still get insta-wiped by blobberinos in 2 seconds.

DPS could drop down a bit and instead be cheaper, both to call in and reinforce.

12 Feb 2015, 05:28 AM

The only reason ass engineers stand out is because there's no other (good) way to get flamethrowers as the US, and, gimmicky or not, those demo charges will win games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★