Login

russian armor

Decal system coming soon

6 Feb 2015, 16:30 PM

Please, please, please let the decals be just unit marking, or weathering/rust etc...the last thing we need online are T-34s and Panthers zipping around with a my little pony stamped on their turrets....
6 Feb 2015, 16:52 PM

So you would classify his post as...criticism? As in the unconstructive, bad blood kind?

Yes, ironic constructivism :D
6 Feb 2015, 17:08 PM

I love how this artwork encapsulates me trying to control nature, however you can never control nature.

It truly reflects my relationship with Company of Heroes 2. I always seek to control the game but RNG determines otherwise. No matter how much you try RNG eventually screws you in the ass, just like the dickhead deer.

I hope Relic considers this for their premium signature decal range. Some high end work Mandead.

:ot:

Best post of the week.
6 Feb 2015, 17:58 PM

Uh... an option to turn off other player's decals, perhaps?
6 Feb 2015, 18:07 PM
Benefactor 115

you could have custom decals in dow2 by simply pasting a .png into a folder. they were viewable by opponents too, probably using similar tech but monetised in some fashion and with some curation features so there are no penis / swaztika decals being used.
6 Feb 2015, 23:02 PM

before the patch, usf summer and winter skin looked the same in the inventory. but now, the winter version looks like it has snow "decal" effect on the bottom half. looks like that is how decals are gonna work.

Yup, I noticed an axis summer medium skin was much brighter and quite different from the other skins in the same series.
25 Feb 2015, 16:07 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Cynthia about Custom Decals:

Custom decals are something that have been discussed, and there is certainly an interest there. I can't say this will 100% happen, but it's something that has been discussed. There are a significant amount of logistical considerations that would come with something like this, such as approval process, moderation and concerns of liability.

As an example, we often get questions regarding why Swastikas are not included in the game at all. The Swastika is a banned symbol in many countries, and we simply can't put it into the game. It could result in our game being pulled in certain markets. If people were to create them using a custom decal system, we would need to ensure this is heavily policed with a swift take-down process. Which sounds pretty easy to create in theory, but the logistics behind setting something like this up would require web development, technical development, customer service logistics and a slew of other co-operative infrastructure to be put into place before something like this could ever go live In short, a lot of time is needed to set something like this up!

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/153832-custom-decal-and-maybe-skins?p=153871#post153871

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
South Africa 3
Germany 308

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak