Login

russian armor

USF & Ost, early game balance

4 Feb 2015, 15:02 PM

Relic will change nothing,only thing u can expect is a tech adjustment.All others are in their eye balanced.I would make a lengthy post on ost problems and potential solutions,but i've made so many of them i don't bother anymore.Let them do whatever they want.
4 Feb 2015, 15:09 PM

Its getting lame. Games are decided under the 7 minute mark. How is this fun for anyone?
4 Feb 2015, 15:13 PM

You can do better than this trolling, can't you?

No, he can't. He said in other thread that Western positioning about Ukraina crisis is biased. So how can you expect him to be reasonable?
4 Feb 2015, 15:13 PM

Grens 5 dudes, yeah, I forget that, being suggested since 2013 but Relic :(

But 222 still being too shitty even the 20mm cannon is built-in, there is too many hard counters and the time frame they arrive is too late.

- Guards PTRS
- AT nades which cannot be avoided by moving out of effective range, I still can't get why Relic can't imply Sticky mechanism into COH2
- M20 crew with free zooka, that is quite stupid
- Mines one shot them

2 Shocks squads can counter upgraded 222 :rofl:
No need for AT :lol::lol:
4 Feb 2015, 15:16 PM

This is what happens when new factions are designed without looking at the vanillas: nothing fits, and the problems are so deep in the core design that it is almost impossible to improve the situation. Nobody thought about Ostheer when USF were desinged. Same goes for every other faction.
4 Feb 2015, 15:19 PM

This is what happens when new factions are designed without looking at the vanillas: nothing fits, and the problems are so deep in the core design that it is almost impossible to improve the situation. Nobody thought about Ostheer when USF were desinged. Same goes for every other faction.

This is asymetrical balance design.
I wonder why best RTS games (in my opinion, and I'm RTS player for many years) have more mirror balance rather than asymetrical balance...
4 Feb 2015, 15:19 PM

If the 222 wasn't made of paper mache and armed with a flacid pea shooter it may give ost a fighting chance to recoup losses from the early game. Right now its just dumping you too far down the hole to recover.
4 Feb 2015, 15:21 PM

YES. Why not balance what you already have before you release new factions on the game? Oh but Cynthia posts emojis' so its all cool guys. Games not balanced? How about we release new commanders because this seems like the most logical fix.
4 Feb 2015, 15:29 PM

Ofc the game is not balance early game

rifle > gren

rifle > volks

And i don't speak about the M20 vs okw with 0 mobil counter, schrek have not a motor in the ass Kappa
4 Feb 2015, 15:32 PM

pussyking, you better relax a bit.

Porygon, it's funny how you said in your third message "Please leave OKW discussion out of this thread, or suggest another fix for a fix." and yet you still needed to mention Soviet hard counters to 222. ;)
4 Feb 2015, 15:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm sure they're working on it.

A new rant thread about HOW OP the USF is against ost wont change anything

A new rant thread about how OP the OKW is against USF won't change anything

Just deal with it and wait for the patch, or play OKW to satisfy your next gen German fanboi urge for now..

Andif you don't like coh2 mechanics and you like coh1 better Then GO BACK TO COH1 If it's just so flawless and amazing.

For everytime USF gets a BS win against Ost they get a BS loss against OKW. Except they get to waste 45 mins to an hour fighting their ass off only to lose to Amove KTs and shrek ober blobs.

Ost gets these 5 minute breakdown losses and it's the end of the world.(if it lasts longer then that you have a pretty fair chance of winning with tigers)
I don't know about you guys but I also don't see fun in getting pummeled over a 45 min period by OKW 80% of the time either. You can't just say "that has nothing to do with it" because it does. USF is having about as much fun as you are.

4 Feb 2015, 15:50 PM

This is asymetrical balance design.
I wonder why best RTS games (in my opinion, and I'm RTS player for many years) have more mirror balance rather than asymetrical balance...

Like starcraft or warcraft 3?
4 Feb 2015, 15:55 PM

I'm sure they're working on it.

A new rant thread about HOW OP the USF is against ost wont change anything

A new rant thread about how OP the OKW is against USF won't change anything

Just deal with it and wait for the patch, or play OKW to satisfy your next gen German fanboi urge for now..

Andif you don't like coh2 mechanics and you like coh1 better Then GO BACK TO COH1 If it's just so flawless and amazing.

For everytime USF gets a BS win against Ost they get a BS loss against OKW. Except they get to waste 45 mins to an hour fighting their ass off only to lose to Amove KTs and shrek ober blobs.

Ost gets these 5 minute breakdown losses and it's the end of the world.(if it lasts longer then that you have a pretty fair chance of winning with tigers)
I don't know about you guys but I also don't see fun in getting pummeled over a 45 min period by OKW 80% of the time either. You can't just say "that has nothing to do with it" because it does. USF is having about as much fun as you are.

I think you meant to post this trash on /r/companyofheroes
4 Feb 2015, 16:00 PM

The USF and OST in CoH2 don't have the same early game tactical depth as they did in vCoH.

That being said, it's still better than what it was at WFA release. There is room to make this model work but I think we have to accept that it's going to play differently from vCoH instead of trying to bring back the good 'ol days.
4 Feb 2015, 16:13 PM

Balance in them working on rule: paper, scissor and rocks and that's why they have got great balance
4 Feb 2015, 16:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2015, 15:55 PMGdot

I think you meant to post this trash on /r/companyofheroes

says the AXIS teamgame hero :/
4 Feb 2015, 16:44 PM

Permanently Banned
grens as 5 men. i want soo badly

Buff the god damn mg42

t2 vehicles need more hp
4 Feb 2015, 16:46 PM

says the AXIS teamgame hero :/

I try to enjoy all factions. This is a balance issue that needs to be addressed. Part of the problem is factionism is hindering the proper approach to balance - its buff axis, then you must buff allies or vice versa blah blah doesn't make sense.
4 Feb 2015, 17:04 PM

Nope. Starcraft is not true RTS game. It's just APM machine.
Like Cossacks 1, Battle from Middle-earth or Warlord Battlery III (16 factions, still balanced).
4 Feb 2015, 17:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I am agreeing and have been agreeing that Ost has problems. Mainly tech and cost issues. Relics working on it. Im sure.

But we won't get anywhere by suggesting 5 man gren squadsvs 5 man rifles(wtf) and expecting rifles to basically mirror grenadiers, except grens would then have a buffed mg42,mortar, and sniper in T1 to support themselves, while rifles would have other rifles with no smoke until 50 fuel, while pst would then get better tech costs and counter LT...That's just BS, and honestly the more I rear porys suggestions the more I get angry.

Most of the problems with pst come from tech costs. And some overpriced units like pgrens(even tho they perform well against soviet and buffing them would screw sovs) And bad design of Americans. (Which they probably won't change)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★