Login

russian armor

Request for MOD: SandStorms

Would you play an African map, with sandstorms?
Option Distribution Votes
89%
11%
Total votes: 19
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Feb 2015, 14:54 PM

Anyone interested in making a sandstorm mod? It would be similar to how blizzards work, without the temperature aspect, but artillery restrictions, visibility limits, movement speeds..ect would be present. If so, I would be willing to make an African based map to accompany it.

I'm not up to speed on MODS, but I can probably help with some things.
3 Feb 2015, 15:04 PM
Benefactor 115

I'm sorry I know this joke is old and lame but can it be a Darude Standstorm? :snfCHVGame:

But in all seriousness, +1 to a sandstorm mod.

Shame I can't mod or else I'd help. :(
4 Feb 2015, 14:11 PM
Patrion 14

rain storm for normal maps would be interesting, too. or heat wave for sunny maps.

+1
4 Feb 2015, 16:37 PM

It could probably be expanded into a dynamic weather mod, but I would hate to keep expanding it into vapor ware. At this point I'm still not sure when, if at all, this will get started. But I think if developed correctly, it would be adjustable on the map maker end, per certain dynamics. For example...
-Ability to save custom atmosphere settings, and transitions
-Ability to select from a list of modifiers
1) Movement speed
2) Visibility distance
4) Tactical Ability restrictions (no arty during event...ect)
5) Health modifiers (similar to freezing, but maybe also suppress during event)
6) Variety of terrain top layers (Deep sand, temporary water puddles)
7) Lightning strikes (rare chance of setting a building or tree on fire, maybe frying an infantry unit or disabling a vehicle)
8) Customize event length, and rate of occurrence, of which can be selected to be random.

I imagine that per script variables, the mapper could select from these options to customize to their vision.

In my African Map example, I could have deep sand for the terrain top layer, transition into a sandstorm after 25 minutes or so, that last for the rest of the map. I could set visibility to near zero for the sandstorm to simulate a "heavy" event, or less affecting for something more softer.

In the Rain Storm Example, the top layer could be placed in low area's, and fill up very shallow level of water, which would restrict movement speed like normal, but then slowly disappear over time after the storm is over. Again, the rate of occurrence, length of the storm, could be defined or randomized.

Heat waves sound interested, especially in the idea of a desert map. Moving infantry over long distances would slowly drop health, and sitting still would recover slowly, but maybe a faster rate near water or shade?

These modifies should also be applicable to blizzards, adding the ability to randomize, or customize transition times, length of events, view distance modifiers...ect.
15 Jan 2017, 22:03 PM

It could probably be expanded into a dynamic weather mod, but I would hate to keep expanding it into vapor ware. At this point I'm still not sure when, if at all, this will get started. But I think if developed correctly, it would be adjustable on the map maker end, per certain dynamics. For example...
-Ability to save custom atmosphere settings, and transitions
-Ability to select from a list of modifiers
1) Movement speed
2) Visibility distance
4) Tactical Ability restrictions (no arty during event...ect)
5) Health modifiers (similar to freezing, but maybe also suppress during event)
6) Variety of terrain top layers (Deep sand, temporary water puddles)
7) Lightning strikes (rare chance of setting a building or tree on fire, maybe frying an infantry unit or disabling a vehicle)
8) Customize event length, and rate of occurrence, of which can be selected to be random.

I imagine that per script variables, the mapper could select from these options to customize to their vision.

In my African Map example, I could have deep sand for the terrain top layer, transition into a sandstorm after 25 minutes or so, that last for the rest of the map. I could set visibility to near zero for the sandstorm to simulate a "heavy" event, or less affecting for something more softer.

In the Rain Storm Example, the top layer could be placed in low area's, and fill up very shallow level of water, which would restrict movement speed like normal, but then slowly disappear over time after the storm is over. Again, the rate of occurrence, length of the storm, could be defined or randomized.

Heat waves sound interested, especially in the idea of a desert map. Moving infantry over long distances would slowly drop health, and sitting still would recover slowly, but maybe a faster rate near water or shade?

These modifies should also be applicable to blizzards, adding the ability to randomize, or customize transition times, length of events, view distance modifiers...ect.

ola ótima dica eu adoraria jogar neste mapa aqui descrito estou procurando.
eu adoraria aprender a criar um mapa deserto quero recriar El Alamen um deserto aberto sem construções somente uma estrada rural uma linha férrea e um deserto gigantesco com tempestades de areias leves o ocasionalmente alguma super tempestade por favor ajuda se tiver links de mapas deserto
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★