Login

russian armor

Secure Mode (Soviet Vet1 tank ability)

4 Feb 2015, 18:18 PM

Vet Soviet Industrial Might. 30 seconds 30 muni if tank is destroyed you receive 15% of its fuel and Manpower refunded....

That so would never happen but it would be neat. Granted to get the benefit the tank must die....but it seems Soviet tanks are meant to die :)
4 Feb 2015, 18:50 PM

This is a terrible idea if I am understanding it correctly.

That was the point. But Relic likes their terrible ideas, and that doesnt stop other crap from existing in this game. :/
4 Feb 2015, 22:38 PM
Patrion 14

No, what I'm implying is that having secure mode as a passive ability creates circumstances where just one veteran tank could destroy the income of the opposing player(s) or neutralize VP's with no effort.
A fair argument, and I agree.

But, as I said already, having Blitzkrieg creates circumstances where a tank can avoid damage and get out of blunders and dangerous situations with no effort.

Maybe I should stop comparing Secure Mode to Blitzkrieg as it is obviously not getting us anywhere and can only be seen as justification to ask for potentially unreasonable buffs. Soviets do just fine against Ostheer, in fact. It's more of a "if we already get veteran abilities, I'd like them to be useful and open up the game in various interesting ways".

Don't get me started on medical supplies and trip wire flare.
5 Feb 2015, 21:51 PM

I once capped VP with KV-2.

i once played a game where i didnt use blitz on my p4.
9 Feb 2015, 10:49 AM

Imho Blitz is okay to exist, and although keeping in mind it's incredibly hard to balance a game like CoH2, Blitz should be nerfed a little to be a good but not godlike ability. For example a slight decrease of 15-20% on all modifiers. It just doesn't look eeh professional when looking at these patch notes, jumping from one extreme to another and none of them being balanced.

Back to topic, Secure mode. It can be useful, and it saved all of our asses at least once. I have to go with drChengele here, just compare how often blitz can be used.
I think most of you agree: Capture mode while beeing able to fire is way too OP.

As far as I know there only were two crew members in the turret, while most German tanks had three. The tank commander and the gunner often had a hard time doing the job - why not helping them a bit?
Something like "Rapid Reload" could be a cool idea, which evens out Blitz a bit without making one of those two abilities useless. A small cost like 30-40 ammo sounds like a fair deal. This makes sense, making the T34 a good unit to attack, suicide, or deal solid amount of damage before the krauts take their souls to valhalla.
11 Feb 2015, 20:06 PM
Benefactor 115

If the ability costs munitions, and had a reasonable cool down, I think your idea of vehicles being able to capture and fight is worth considering.

Most vet abilities give a benefit in trade for something; do I capture this point or spend the munitions on mines...

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 15
South Africa 1
Germany 820
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %