Login

russian armor

OKW extremly OP, when a new patch will be out?

PAGES (7)down
15 Jan 2015, 06:52 AM

most people are ignoring one thing that okw's hard counter to indirect fire costs fuel unlike other faction which get indirect fire for manpower only.now combined heavy cost of vehicle( stuka,sturmtiger) + low fuel rate leaves okw very vulnerable.now this point i.e mid game where most of the allied player dont push with medium armor...playing passively or defensively that gives okw time to go for late game where they are strong.okw early-mid game is extremely weak...just dont send medium tanks without proper support other wise they will die.
15 Jan 2015, 07:25 AM
Patrion 28

OKW gets indirect fire for mp only as well. the leig sucking is a different issue. theoretically the leig is beat only by the 120mm. actual performance is different.
15 Jan 2015, 08:12 AM

Agreed on the JPIV, it's an excellent TD but getting it delays getting any other tanks for quite a long time.

Yes the Flak Trak is the best counter to scout cars, unless ofc you went medic as your starting HQ.

Iv never lost a Puma to a American Flak HT, I'm just pointing out that the Flak HT does have good armor penetration even against a Panzer II.

Overall I think counters exist against OKW, and to the person who thinks 152mm shells can't wipe squads, just force a retreat and target the OKW players HQ, half his squads will be clumped up with the retreat dance bug just waiting for you to save them from their eternal retreat hell.

EDIT: To say nothing of how many squads a B4 can fucking kill lol.

Agreed on the B4, it's an excellent Arty but getting it delays getting any other units for quite a long time.

Yes B4 is the best counter to OKW forward HQ, unless ofc you went other doctrine.

American Flak HT does have good armor penetration even against a Panzer II, unless ofc you went major.

etc etc

Get real arguments instead "Yeah I win when I do things right, unless if I do things wrong".
15 Jan 2015, 08:32 AM

Okw is weak vs usf early game, learn to play bro MVGame. And if schrek is remoove for volks, okw is dead.
15 Jan 2015, 08:57 AM

Looks like it's right now really fashionable to bash okw for being op, providing no evidence at all. There's not a single unit that can not be countered at the time it's on the field.

Additionally okw can't counter artillery without doing risky dives into enemy territory with very expensive units.

Since there's no way to damage the engine without using doctrinal units, many okw players rely on 3-4 Schreck squads to stop tanks that will always come before okw tanks.

Likewise a single Schreck squads just gets pushed so it's unable to fire. Means you need more than one and that's op according to all the fanboys here.
15 Jan 2015, 09:53 AM

Just to clarify, OKW is not OP, it's broken.
15 Jan 2015, 09:57 AM
Donator 11

you should heed your own advice, thank you.

1 min is nothing when compared to time spent ingame... where the ratio is always 1:1
but i knew a response like this would be posted within minutes of me posting this.

again. there used to be numbers indicating how many players were searching. and they were always very low (since like you mentioned even as axis its only 1 min to find a game most of the time)
if we had them back you could compare the numbers. it would be like 40 players searching axis and 2-5 searching as allies (maybe even double of that). then again check the amount of games being played. its way more players there. with a 1:1 axis/allies ratio.

but then why use reason, if you want to make a point to your liking

I see you like numbers. There is a diagnosis for that.

I never mentioned it takes 1 min for an axis player to get into a game. Thats you are lying.

I wrote it takes minutes for axis player to get into a game while it never exceeds 10 sec for an ally.

And next time you come with a hypothesys, dont put it out like its a theory. Its just your imagination.
15 Jan 2015, 10:00 AM
Donator 11

Oh wow another thread were the OP has zero idea what he's talking about.

OKW has so many holes in it you can easily exploit to kick the players ass, I shall list them.

1. OKW has exactly 2 indirect fire units, the worst one in the game, and arguably one of the best and NOTHING ELSE.

2. Zero medium armor, If you know how to crush, and actually support your tanks with infantry, you can very easily annihilate a OKW player by just forcing a retreat and just driving over his infantry at his medi HQ. Late game is really were OKW shines.

3. Lack of counter to scout car spam, yes no fausts means your scout cars are free to roam the map wiping squads while the OKW player prays his first shrek doesn't miss.

4. Lack of counter to AA HT, just keep your HT slightly out of range of their shreks and watch as you keep entire armies at bay! Also bonus points for killing a Puma with you AA HT.

5. Utter lack of counter to Howitzers! Enjoy wiping 3-4 squads per shell as you rain screaming hot death on their HQ's!

Do you ever play USF?
15 Jan 2015, 10:15 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Flame posts and follow-ups invised. Please do not.

Back to topic
15 Jan 2015, 10:17 AM

Oh wow another thread were the OP has zero idea what he's talking about.

OKW has so many holes in it you can easily exploit to kick the players ass, I shall list them.

1. OKW has exactly 2 indirect fire units, the worst one in the game, and arguably one of the best and NOTHING ELSE.

2. Zero medium armor, If you know how to crush, and actually support your tanks with infantry, you can very easily annihilate a OKW player by just forcing a retreat and just driving over his infantry at his medi HQ. Late game is really were OKW shines.

3. Lack of counter to scout car spam, yes no fausts means your scout cars are free to roam the map wiping squads while the OKW player prays his first shrek doesn't miss.

4. Lack of counter to AA HT, just keep your HT slightly out of range of their shreks and watch as you keep entire armies at bay! Also bonus points for killing a Puma with you AA HT.

5. Utter lack of counter to Howitzers! Enjoy wiping 3-4 squads per shell as you rain screaming hot death on their HQ's!

I'll tell you a secret. It's not OKW design, it's you.
15 Jan 2015, 10:21 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2015, 09:53 AMRMMLz
Just to clarify, OKW is not OP, it's broken.

What is Relic doing?

Just remove the damn shreks from volks and give em fausts! Its a 1 kb damn patch! Should not take ages to make
15 Jan 2015, 10:21 AM

Thread should be relabeled "I can't beat OKW, help?" cause we all know that's whats truly going on here.
15 Jan 2015, 10:25 AM
Donator 11

Thread should be relabeled "I can't beat OKW, help?" cause we all know that's whats truly going on here.

Actually I can if the OKW guy does not upgrade shreks on all his volks.

There are actually a few new players out there who thinks volks are not walking AT guns. The way it should be.

And I have seen Cruzz USF beat Barton OKW, but the game was crazy and cruzz played like mad. Though he looks calm and says "yeah, I sacced my shermans 2:1 to get his jagdp, but its ok". Volks attack moved killing his shermans above that. No hell its NOT ok. USF tanks are trash and thats the bottomline.
15 Jan 2015, 10:41 AM

Actually I can if the OKW guy does not upgrade shreks on all his volks.....

Thank you I believe you just proved my point for me :thumb:
15 Jan 2015, 11:07 AM

What is Relic doing?

Just remove the damn shreks from volks and give em fausts! Its a 1 kb damn patch! Should not take ages to make

That' the point mate, OKW need an overhaul, if they simply remove shrecks then volks become useless. If they give volks AI weapons they become Ubers No.2. They can still lock down huge areas of the map, they have some useless units (IRHT, Sturmtiger). IMO, Volks should get G34 upgrade and Pzfaust ability, proper AT units (either huge raketen changes or PAK) and nerf obers. Maybe change the flak base a bit (Muni for flak). It's not that simple to balance this faction because it's different. The only thing I want is to see relic at least try to fix it. Let's wait for the next patch.
15 Jan 2015, 11:08 AM

I see you like numbers. There is a diagnosis for that.

I never mentioned it takes 1 min for an axis player to get into a game. Thats you are lying.

I wrote it takes minutes for axis player to get into a game while it never exceeds 10 sec for an ally.

And next time you come with a hypothesys, dont put it out like its a theory. Its just your imagination.

i see you dislike numbers

numbers dont lie, people do

i was wrong about the 1 min thing, true enough, but a lie? that would be rather stupid of me, because i qouted you. simple misuderstanding... as if it would matter. i still claim to be right about overall players being roughly the same since the ppl searching are negligible (which would be obvious if we had the old numbers back, damn you, relic)

but then you seem like someone who doesnt want to talk about a topic at all, but rather force his opinion on anyone else (as the rest of your posts in this thread indicate). if someone disagrees -> ad hominem (suggesting i have a metal illness)

let me return the favor: ever heard of the quite uncommon delusional disorder? theres your laymans diagnosis

edit: let me clarify this for you: i do agree with okw being a problem balance wise. i just think that 100% ppl searching as axis is rather unimportant. for every axis player ingame there is one allied player.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS